Suggestion-Thought Route

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DarknessAwaits
Spoken languages: Enough

Suggestion-Thought Route

Post by DarknessAwaits »

I'd like to have a "Thought Route" function added to AAO V6: I really liked the feature in AA:DD; I think it may be really useful.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: Suggestion-Thought Route

Post by Bad Player »

All Thought Route is is multiple choice questions. You can do it already.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Technically, there are also some special graphics, but those are freely available here.

As Bad Player said, the way to make Thought Route is already there. It's just a question of if Unas would put TheDoctor's graphics in the editor or not.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

I personally don't mind, but that would mean all trials using them would have to be played in Firefox until a workaround for Chrome's lack of apng support can be found.
Image Image Image
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

I just did a little research on the subject, and apparently, although the APNG extension for Chrome didn't work with the V5 player, it actually does work with the V6 player as of this writing. All you have to to is go to this link to download the extension and all of the Thought Route graphics will display correctly in Chrome (You may have to check the "allow access to file URLs" option in settings, though. Not sure).

So yeah, if Unas wants to add my Thought Route graphics into the editor, I'm okay with that. And now that the APNG extension works with the player, he could probably add some fade-in/fade-out effects to the editor now, and just put the link to the extension on the front page of AAO.
Image Image Image