[S] Add link to Chrome's APNG extension on AAO homepage

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

[S] Add link to Chrome's APNG extension on AAO homepage

Post by TheDoctor »

Since I recently discovered that the V6 player will correctly display APNGs if you have the correct extension installed (this is not true of V5), I was thinking it would be a good idea to add a link to the extension installer, since I'm sure there is at least one featured trial that makes use of these images.

Also, you could even consider adding an APNG fade-out/fade-in to the editor, now that Firefox is no longer the sole option for viewing these images.
Image Image Image
Phantom

Re: [S] Add link to Chrome's APNG extension on AAO homepage

Post by Phantom »

or on the player page itself if the browser/trial player detects an apng file being loaded
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Wait, you mean the Chrome APNG extension does work in V6 ?

I seem to remember asking people to test it recently and getting the answer that it did not work...
If it's confirmed that is does work, then yes, I'll certainly add a link somwhere.

As for "detecting an apng file being loaded", I'd love to but I fear it's impossible - as far as I can tell an APNG is like a regular PNG. Only the browser's (or the extension's) inner logic can see the difference.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Confirmed, APNG works on v6.