Sprites we need... post what you want. UNAS LOOK HERE

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Kirby774
Spoken languages: English

Sprites we need... post what you want. UNAS LOOK HERE

Post by Kirby774 »

The following is the list of people we need on ace attorney online. I am hoping Unas could look at this.
* young trucy
* fanmade young trucy sprites (I've seen them they rock!)
* gregory edgeworth headshot
* (delete) Dolorus Willow? Has Dahila's headshot
* missle headshot
* everyone from dual destines, every single sprite, seriously.
* add last-name "hawthrone" to Iris
* Every GK and GK2 charecter
If you can add any of these, please do so. THANKS!
I'm also known as "ApolloRocks23" on Court-Records.net
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Sprites we need... post what you want. UNAS LOOK HERE

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Can't delete Dolores Willow. Backwards Compatibility issue.

Have you actually seen sprites for DD on the web, in raw form? There aren't that many, and unlikely to get official sprites soon.

In the games, while we know Iris is Dahlia's twin, Iris's name in the games is simply Sister Iris.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

As for adding fan made sprite of any kind to the editor, Unas needs permission from the original artist, and the sprites need to be fairly good quality. Aside from that, I imagine it would be a higher priority to add official sprites that haven't been uploaded yet, but for right now, Unas is trying to get the bugs worked out of V6.

If you have sprites you'd like to use in a case, just host them yourself via photobucket or something, and if they're fan made, be sure to get the artists' permission before using them.
Image Image Image
Kirby774

Post by Kirby774 »

k, but what about young trucy, mr edgeworth, and missle. I... can try. I'll send those sprites here.
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Kirby774 wrote:* fanmade young trucy sprites (I've seen them they rock!)
There are many fanmade sprites that "rock", but outside of special cases (like Bright Age of the Law competition), they are not added to the site and will not be, definitely not without their author's consent at that
Kirby774 wrote: * everyone from dual destines, every single sprite, seriously.
Not possible; 3DS game uses quite different format and resolution from DS ones, and it uses 3D models instead of sprites.
Kirby774 wrote:* add last-name "hawthrone" to Iris
As soon as Iris was left Hazakura Temple, she stopped going by the name "Hawthorne". From that point on, she's simply Sister Iris.
Kirby774 wrote:* Every GK and GK2 charecter
That one is in progress, or so I hear. However, there are a lot of animation issues with GK sprites (positioning, like Franziska's bowing, Calisto's laughing, etc.)
Also, GK2 sprites weren't properly animated yet. While GK2 Resources Thread has some in usable format, the timings and frame orders there are anything but official. The ones present on the Ace Attorney Wiki have official timings, but suffer from same positioning problems and have no suitable transparency field.

Also, we do not need you looking for these resources. We know how to obtain them. Stop posting them. Please.
Av by ticcy
Kirby774

Post by Kirby774 »

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry... and can you still use those. I... just want to see some of those sprites in other trials. Thanks for listening...
unsightedmetal6
Spoken languages: English, SOME Spanish

Post by unsightedmetal6 »

I would really love for the court overview sprites to be implemented into AAO.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

There are 24,288 different combinations of different defense attorney/prosecutor/witness/judge court overview sprites.

Also, they aren't in a way that would be easy to just extract them out (at this point).

Plus, there are much more important features that need to be added before this.

So, safe to say, it's extremely unlikely that this would be done any time soon.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

kwando1313 wrote:There are 24,288 different combinations of different defense attorney/prosecutor/witness/judge court overview sprites.

Also, they aren't in a way that would be easy to just extract them out (at this point).
You can set background and foreground objects for built-in places on or off using the "Reveal/Hide object in a place" action. (Try using it to toggle the benches for the courtroom.) We could just create a foreground object for each person and let the author toggle the ones they want on. Although the task of making the graphics no longer has combinatorial complexity, it's not very intuitive for the user. But even with this simplification...
kwando1313 wrote:Plus, there are much more important features that need to be added before this.

So, safe to say, it's extremely unlikely that this would be done any time soon.
Absolutely agreed here.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

aw, i wanted to show the scariness of combinatorics :P

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
VirtAnderson

Post by VirtAnderson »

Enthalpy wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:There are 24,288 different combinations of different defense attorney/prosecutor/witness/judge court overview sprites.

You can set background and foreground objects for built-in places on or off using the "Reveal/Hide object in a place" action. (Try using it to toggle the benches for the courtroom.) We could just create a foreground object for each person and let the author toggle the ones they want on. Although the task of making the graphics no longer has combinatorial complexity, it's not very intuitive for the user. But even with this simplification...
Wouldn't it also be possible to include the court sprite for each character (whether it be at the bench or at the witness stand) as part of their sprite set?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

That would also be possible. While it would likely be more intuitive to most users, it seems strange to me, as they're not sprites in the same sense that the others are.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
VirtAnderson

Post by VirtAnderson »

I mean, technically speaking, they are still sprites. It makes sense to me to have those sprites with the character to whom they belong so it's easy to just put the character in the scene and select their courtroom sprite. That way you don't have to sift through the rest of the characters in another menu.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

You'd still have to sift through all the other sprites of the character, so there is no net advantage, but point taken. It seems less strange as I think about it more.

How would we deal with the fact that we would need to position the sprites differently depending on the courtroom? The PW Court and AJ court have the benches in different places. A set that looked fine in PW cannot simply be pasted onto the AJ court - the sprites won't align with the benches. Making two sets is an option, but one I would rather avoid.