Sprites we need... post what you want. UNAS LOOK HERE

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: Sprites we need... post what you want. UNAS LOOK HERE

Post by TheDoctor »

Perhaps you could treat them sort of like foreground objects, and have the user manually set the coordinates for the sprites, with the option to choose from AA or AJ presets?
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Except we can set sprite positions. We can't simultaneously have the sprite itself determines its position and the inputted position determine its position. Since we have an inputted position system, and it works 99% of the time, I'd rather keep it. I might play around with whether defining a new position could work, but again, this is a very low priority feature.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

A better way of explaining my idea might be to have presets for witness, prosecution, defense, and judge positioning in either courtroom, then allow a "user defined option."

So, the dropdown menu might look like...

[Witness Alligned for PW court.
[Witness Alligned for AJ court.
[Prosecution Alligned for PW court.
[Prosecution Alligned for AJ court.
[Defense Alligned for PW court.
[Defense Alligned for AJ court.
[Judge Alligned for PW court.
[Judge Alligned for AJ court.
[User Defined Allignement.

And then, there could be an XY coordinates box that'll show up for the user defined option.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Given a place and the kind of minisprite it is, you know exactly where it has to go. With that in mind, I would rather create separate PW and AJ sprites, or not have this at all, than have eight different new positions for courtrooms. The solution looks ugly.

As for how I'd do it better, I'm not sure, and again, this isn't a high priority for me.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson