Useful ideas for the new engine?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Gerbin
Spoken languages: English

Useful ideas for the new engine?

Post by Gerbin »

This is my first actual post, my apologies if I'm breaking any rules by suggesting this, but I think I had a couple ideas that could make playing the new cases being made feel more like a real AA game.

-Automatic Flashes
Maybe add a second flash option so that the flashes are instant and you could as a lot in a brief moment to make a line of dialogue more intense. You remember how there would be like 10 rapid flashes when someone spoke a case-changing sentence in the real game? I think that'd be cool if it were an option.

-Automatic Text
I'm pretty sure in AAO5 you could do <<red>> Insert text here <</red>> and that text would show up automatically? It was a real nifty trick to use to change sprites mid-frame. I tried doing this in AAO6 and it didn't work? I think this could be fixed OR there could be a new system with it in AAO6 that made it a little more easy to use? Anyways, I think it should be re-implemented one way or another.

That's all. Once again, I don't know if someone suggested these already, or there is already some secret way to use them, but hopefully they will be added to the AAO6 editors so the cases have that extra push, and bimbos like me can look more professional. :hotti:
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Useful ideas for the new engine?

Post by E.D.Revolution »

1. [#f] ([#fb] for v6). The v6 version is being fixed so that we can control the timing.
2. In v6, the syntax is [#/instant: color][/#]. Replace "color" with an internationally recognized (read: web recognized) color or the hexadecimal color code. Unfortunately, you do have to specify a color, even if it's white.