Problem With Turnabout Nightmare Case

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

piefish1996
Spoken languages: English

Problem With Turnabout Nightmare Case

Post by piefish1996 »

When I start the case, it starts out perfectly fine, dialogue and pictures are showing, and when I get into cross-examination, I can press a statement without trouble. However, when I go to present a piece of evidence, it just returns to the testimony. I've tried this on both trial players and gave me the same problem. It occured during the first cross-examination, and I cannot go further.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Problem With Turnabout Nightmare Case

Post by Enthalpy »

Just to be clear, are you using v5 or v6?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

He said both players. However, I'm not getting the same problem as him on v5. He says presenting takes him back to testimony. I say presenting keeps me there and won't let me go back to the testimony. Probably as a result of TNightmare being developed during, idk, v3 days when failure conversations were not implemented.
piefish1996

Post by piefish1996 »

My mistake, E.D. is correct, both players have seperate problems on my end as well. So I assume this means nothing can be done about it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Sorry for my late response.

I've done some testing and confirmed ED's suspicions. The problem is that Turnabout Nightmare lacks failure conversations. We'd need Ghaleon to fix that. I think Unas is too busy with v6 to fix bugs that are exclusive to v5. It looks like people will have to play it in v6.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

The funny thing is that I hadn't had this bug before. When I first played this, if there was a wrong present, the hp would simply drop and it would repeat the same statement BUT there would be a back button.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

E.D.Revolution wrote:The funny thing is that I hadn't had this bug before. When I first played this, if there was a wrong present, the hp would simply drop and it would repeat the same statement
Yeah, that has always been the expected behaviour for presenting when there is no failure conversation. (actually, it was the only behaviour in the first versions of AAO, before I introduced failure conversations)

So, yeah : if when you present wrong evidence nothing happens (or rather you re-read the same statement), it's normal, that's because the author did not create a failure conversation (maybe because he forgot, or maybe because failure conversations did not exist in the editor at the time).
If, however, the player hangs, then it's a bug. Though if you only have the problem in V5 I will probably not bother fixing it, since V6 will soon be the default. :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Silver_Owl

Post by Silver_Owl »

So... Yeah. Problem with the pressing evidence is still there in Act II with the first testimony. No matter what I present, it doesn't work.

Will the bug be fixed? I can see it's been awhile, but this case is good. I really want to finish it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Like we've said, this isn't a bug. This means that the author just didn't write a failure conversation. It sounds like you just haven't presented the right thing yet.
Silver_Owl

Post by Silver_Owl »

I guess that's possible, but I'm almost confident in my answer. Maybe I'll try everything and then come back.