[E] Merged Frame with a Character Duplicates Text

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

[E] Merged Frame with a Character Duplicates Text

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Hi,
I was creating my trial, which can be found here, and I was editing some frames, all of which had the "merge with next frame" checkbox on. I went into the Screen Editor, looked in the preview box, and saw that the text I entered appeared twice. I checked in the text input, but it was only typed once. This only happened for frames that merged with the next frame. I was using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, and Firefox 37.0.1. Can someone please fix this?

Thank you,
AceAttorneyMaster111
Last edited by Enthalpy on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renaming the thread to something clearer.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Screen Editor Bug

Post by Enthalpy »

I can't reproduce this on my machine.

On frame 12, for example, you see "Ah... Ah..." in the screen editor, is that right?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

For some reason, no, but as a working example, on frame #229, I see "Ms. von Karma! Ms. von Karma!" but it only appears once where I wrote the text. Thank you!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Now I've confirmed this. I'll rename this, but this isn't going to be moved until there's clarity as to the future of the v6 beta forum.

This bug also requires that a sprite be defined on the affected frame. This bug does not affect the text preview that doubles as the text editing block.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Re: [E] Merged Frame with a Character Duplicates Text

Post by Enthalpy »

I have this fixed on my local machine! I'll have the fix uploaded to the open-source version today.