[E][P] Custom Sprite Issues?

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DragoonDarkfire
Spoken languages: English

[E][P] Custom Sprite Issues?

Post by DragoonDarkfire »

Okay so I'm sort of working on a "trial" that utilizes a customized sprite extensively.

I use windows 7 Home Premium and Firefox 39.0

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/player. ... l_id=60243

Here's the trial in question. The issue happens both in the editor and in the player.

You may note that the music is either broken or gone but that's not the concern I know what the issue there is. The real issue is that the Cyber Maya image bugs out every time it comes in. I dunno if this is a loading issue but I've used this trial maker before and it worked fine then.

I host the cyber maya images on imgur so I don't know if this is a loading problem with that site or if it's something else. I tried to re-upload the images again and put in the updated image URLS but it still bugs out on me when I save. I even tried using a different image hosting site but still encountered the same problem. The mouth appears before the rest of the body and it's like she just glitches in.

For the heck of it I even tried making a new trial and using her and guess what? Same glitch happened. I don't think the gif is broken. At least it plays fine on imgur or whatever site I upload it too. It just freaks out when it's played here. What's going on? Can anyone help?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E][P] Custom Sprite Issues?

Post by Enthalpy »

Known, low-priority v6 bug.

As a workaround until this gets fixed for good (which I'm afraid might be a while), have at least one frame of each animation be 256x192. It's a pain, I know.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DragoonDarkfire

Do you mind elaborating on that? do you mean the dimensions of the gif or something else?

Edit: If that IS the workaround then I'm afraid it's not for me because my gifs are all at those exact dimensions and they still glitch out.
Last edited by DragoonDarkfire on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm not sure how I can elaborate. This isn't about the dimensions of the overall image, but the dimensions of the animation frame. Do you know how to change the dimensions of a frame of animation?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DragoonDarkfire

I'm afraid not. Not with photoshop anyway. Is there a tutorial on how to do it?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I have no PhotoShop experience. On GIMP, however, you can use the Layer to Image Size command, with a layer selected.

Apologies for how much of a hassle this is. This bug is on the list.