External character poses get replaced with other poses

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Smashman64
Spoken languages: English

External character poses get replaced with other poses

Post by Smashman64 »

I noticed some of my external character poses get replaced with other external character poses of the same character when I use them in the editor. For example I made a pose called Angry, but the sprite of Happy shows up instead. Going into the screen editor and changing the character sprite I see that it changes, but when i hit confirm it goes back to the incorrect pose as if the editor now thinks that Angry is Happy for some reason.

I'm on Chrome
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: External character poses get replaced with other poses

Post by Enthalpy »

Oh, this one. This bug was first reported back in July. I've fixed it on the developmental version of AAO, but it isn't fixed on the version of AAO that the public can access.

Save your trial, and stop working on it. Post here when you do, and I'll do the closest thing to a fix that I can.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Smashman64

Post by Smashman64 »

Enthalpy wrote:Oh, this one. This bug was first reported back in July. I've fixed it on the developmental version of AAO, but it isn't fixed on the version of AAO that the public can access.

Save your trial, and stop working on it. Post here when you do, and I'll do the closest thing to a fix that I can.
Thank you. I had changed The two poses that kept taking over and named them "xxx" and then just made two new version of the ones that were getting changed with "Actually" in front to try and counteract the problem but it doesnt seem like it will stop. Also deleting them didnt help either it just happened again. http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/editor. ... l_id=80725
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Alright, it's fixed. You'll need to change the poses you don't want to the poses you do want, but that should be possible now.

Until the fix for this bug is on the main version of AAO, don't delete sprites unless it's the very last sprite. That risks causing this bug again.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Smashman64

Post by Smashman64 »

Enthalpy wrote:Alright, it's fixed. You'll need to change the poses you don't want to the poses you do want, but that should be possible now.

Until the fix for this bug is on the main version of AAO, don't delete sprites unless it's the very last sprite. That risks causing this bug again.
Thank you! I appreciate it. What do you mean by last sprite? Like on the bottom of the character pose list?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Correct.
Smashman64

Post by Smashman64 »

Enthalpy wrote:Correct.
Excellent! Oh sorry just one more question is it safe to rename the "xxx" poses?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Yes. The only thing that will cause this bug again is deleting poses that aren't the last ones on the list.
Smashman64

Post by Smashman64 »

Enthalpy wrote:Yes. The only thing that will cause this bug again is deleting poses that aren't the last ones on the list.
Niiiice you're a God. We can be friends now right?