"Go to another part of the series" glitch

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

RashFaustinho
Spoken languages: English

"Go to another part of the series" glitch

Post by RashFaustinho »

When you end a trial and go straight to another one using the "Go to another part of the series" command, the game starts the next trial right away without waiting that everything is properly loaded.

For example... I make case 1. At the end of case 1, the player is redirected to case 2.
The game should wait for case 2's sprites and sounds to load, but instead, it starts right away, without giving me the chance to wait that everything is properly loaded.

How can i fix this? It's very annoying, especially when you use timed frames with custom music during your cases.

I'm using Firefox. Windows 7.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: "Go to another part of the series" glitch

Post by Enthalpy »

Confirmed.

I'll try to get this fixed. My best guess is that this is an unintended side effect of PR#29.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho »

If it can help, a similar issue was presented here:
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... 28&t=10104
And was seemingly fixed, too.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks.

On the technical side, you're referring to this commit.

EDIT: Commenting out the line in question did not fix the problem. I'm now verifying that this bug was introduced after the June 2015 release.
EDIT: Confirmed that things were working fine as of fb00caf in Sept. 2015. Much earlier than that, and the mockup is unreliable. It isn't clear what could cause this if commenting the line from PR#29 didn't fix it, but this at least bounds the suspect code.
EDIT: Further investigation revealed the architecture change Unas did as the cause. When the player is initialized, save data is now loaded immediately. When save data is loaded, it automatically takes the case to the intended target frame. Combined, these mean that the click button is now bypassed.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, I've determined the cause and fixed it on my mockup of AAO!

I've submitted my fix here. Hopefully, this will be accepted and pushed onto the site soon.
RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho »

Enthalpy wrote:Okay, I've determined the cause and fixed it on my mockup of AAO!

I've submitted my fix here. Hopefully, this will be accepted and pushed onto the site soon.
Now it says it's "merged". So it should be fixed now?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Probably not. "Merged" just means that Unas accepted it to go on the site the next time he updates it. He hasn't updated it yet, I'm afraid.
RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho »

Enthalpy wrote:Probably not. "Merged" just means that Unas accepted it to go on the site the next time he updates it. He hasn't updated it yet, I'm afraid.
I see. I hope it's ASAP, because right now my splitted trials are near unplayable due to some custom content that has to be loaded before starting.

Anyway, thanks for all the help you're giving me!