[E] Music/Sound Selects Only Appear After Several Tries

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

[E] Music/Sound Selects Only Appear After Several Tries

Post by ThePaSch »

So, in medium-large trials - >1000 frames - at some point, the sound and music selection inputs start seriously bugging out, particularly after I've scrolled through a large part of that trial. What happens is that the select's options simply won't appear when you try to click it - the container that select was in simply ends up blank, and no options can be selected. Clicking on another part of the page brings back the select itself, but it often takes many tries to actually make the options pop up, which ends up being a real pain the bigger the trial gets.

This happens to me in the editor for every trial eventually, though I can definitely confirm that it pops up in this specific one. There don't seem to be any steps to reliably reproduce the problem, since it tends to pop up randomly - and the amount of attempts it takes until the options finally do pop up varies as well. I'm using Google Chrome in version 53, am running Windows 10 Pro and have all relevant plugins up-to-date.

Here's a video of the bug in action. If any more information is required, I'm happy to provide it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Music/Sound Selects Only Appear After Several Tries

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the video. Mind adding this one to the bug tracker?

This is not to be confused with the oft-reported Issue #41, where the select options appear, but the minieditor closes when it shouldn't.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson