Select Window Disappearing

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Khalil
Spoken languages: Brazillian & English

Select Window Disappearing

Post by Khalil »

Hello peole, I'm new to this game, and I'm triying to make a trial. My issues are these:

User i-don't-remember thing: Chrome, Windows 10.

Link: I don't know how to provide a link, I'm very bad with forums.

What happened: Well, I was making a funny turnabout, ade the images and everything, but I got an issue: When I tried to open one of those boxes that initially show "None", and the box's background is transparent, and normally, when you open it, it shows some lines with "Ace Attorney 1, Ace Attorney 2...", and the box that opens is transparent too. It norally appears when u gonna select a music, sound, place for some frame, select a mugshot for a profile, and when u gonan select a popup. Well, when I opened that box, when I released the left button of the mouse, it disappeared. That happens to ALL boxes and I tried many things to fix it (reloading, clicking one of the lines before it closes), but it continues the same, only the popup one is working.

What I did before: Inserted profiles and those thingies.

Can someone help me? I can't create a turnabout without it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Select Window Disappearing

Post by Enthalpy »

You say you "released" the mouse button? Was this a simple click, or were you holding it before you released?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Moodle McDoodle
Spoken languages: English

Post by Moodle McDoodle »

i'm having the same issue, I only just got on here and went to make a test trial, just to get used to everything, but when I click on the select button that opens up a little menu of sprites, as soon as i'm not clicking on it it just disappears. when I click on it it only appears for that one second I click, and when I hold down the button it disappears as soon as I try to actually select something.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

You could be talking about multiple "select buttons that open up a little menu of sprites." Is this the one marked "Character base" on the profiles tab, the one marked "Use custom pictures" on the profiles tab, the one marked "character sprite" in the Storyboard tab after you open the full screen editor, or something else entirely?

You'll also need to go to this website and tell me the User Agent String it gives you. This sounds like a problem with the browser and may be OS-dependent.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Moodle McDoodle
Spoken languages: English

Post by Moodle McDoodle »

nevermind I just tried it with a different browser and it's fine, curse me and my fondness for internet explorer! XD

also if you still need to know it was the "character base" one

sorry if i'm not much help ;v;
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

If it's Internet Explorer, I'm inclined not to look further into it. IE and Edge are notoriously buggy, so we aim for Firefox and Chrome compatibility.

Thanks for the report, though!