[P][E] Sound effect loops endlessly

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

[P][E] Sound effect loops endlessly

Post by TheDoctor »

I was playtesting my comp entry on a different computer than my usual one, and there's a sound that's supposed to play on Frame Index 29; however, the sound effect loops over and over, despite sound effects' being supposedly non-looping. One of my playtesters encountered this issue as well, but since I hadn't encountered the issue, and my second playtester hadn't said anything about it, we assumed the issue was on his end.

On OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.5, using Firefox 51.0.1 (64-Bit).

EDIT: Replaced link to comp trial with link to trial specifically made to demonstrate this bug, and updated thread title to show the problem is also in the editor, apparently.

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/player. ... 4317&debug

NOTE: Sound effect does not stop looping until the page is refreshed, so you may want to click the "modified" one first.
Last edited by TheDoctor on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Sound effect loops endlessly

Post by Enthalpy »

Are all your other sound effects fine?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

(I'm the one with the same problem).

Yes. All other sound effects are just fine. On that note, pressing "Back", playing normally, or loading a save does not cancel the problem. However, saving, refreshing and then loading the frame after clicking "New Game" (for clarification because it may be confusing, I mean loading the frame (which is the one after clicking "New Game") at any time before clicking "New Game") appears to fix it (the sound effect doesn't play at all, though).

All this on Windows 10 32-bit, both on Chrome and Firefox 51.0.1
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I'll note that I didn't get the error on my Windows 10 64-bit PC.

EDIT: However, that's only when using Firefox. I apparently get the exact same problem when using Chrome. Not sure which versions though. My laptop is shut down at the moment.
Image Image Image
TheDoctor

Re: [P][E] Sound effect loops endlessly

Post by TheDoctor »

Update: I was able to reproduce the bug on my school's Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit PC, on both Google Chrome, Version 56.0.2924.87, and Mozilla Firefox, Version 45.0.1 (pretty sure both are 32-bit, since they didn't specify, and their folders were in the Program Files (x86) directory). Still have no idea what's causing it.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

I still cannot reproduce this bug on my laptop's Firefox, Version 50.1.0 (64-Bit). I also just updated to Version 51.0.1 (64-bit) without encountering that error. However, my laptop's Google Chrome, Version 54.0.2840.59 (64-bit), still encounters this error on a separate trial I made to test this glitch. The test case includes two different versions of the same sound effect. The first is the original, glitched effect. The second is one I modified by appending a half-second of silence to the end of the file. For whatever reason, the original sound effect still loops endlessly, but the modified one only plays once like it's supposed to. The question is why?

Also of note is if you play the file at all in the editor in a browser that has trouble with the looping, it loops endlessly there too.
Image Image Image