[E] My Trial refuses to Save

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

fanfreak247
Spoken languages: English, Limited Spanish, Patois/Patwa

[E] My Trial refuses to Save

Post by fanfreak247 »

User Agent String:
I'm currently running a Windows 7 computer
Link:
http://www.aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=96095
What happened?:
I attempted to save my trial, but then it had an error and a message like this popped up.

"Failed to save. The server received a malform set of data. Please retry. If the problem persists, please report this problem on the forums giving also the information below...

Debug:270435/-1]mine":47% "
What did you expect to happen?:

For it to be saved.
Can you reproduce the problem?:

Not exactly sure how I'd do that.
What did you do before the problem showed up?:

I had my trial, and then I edited it. I added sprites, backgrounds and changed something to ``Proceed to frame xxx``
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] My Trial refuses to Save

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm not sure how to continue with this, but what I have so far:

* As seen previously, the error message logged here is not as expected, in part due to an extra newline.
* Error message reported was typed manually and is thus inaccurate. The ] should be a |, and the use of "malform" instead of "malformed" is due to a typo from reporter.
* Reporter tried it again, with a different error message shown here.
* The clearest clue is the -1 appearing in the expected_length. This suggests that, for some reason, trial_contents_length is not being set.
* Reporter is using Chrome. Opening the console yielded the following clues: here
* Per my request, reporter ran getTrialFileContents.length() directly from the console. This yielded 275541.
* Editing a trial myself on Chrome was successful.
* Reporter said he could edit a trial successfully on Chrome on the 26th, the last time he tried.

I'm not sure how to proceed here.

See here regarding an attempt to explore this one.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson