[p] The Assistant's Turnabout

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Cassandra Clay
Spoken languages: English

[p] The Assistant's Turnabout

Post by Cassandra Clay »

User Agent String: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.101 Safari/537.36
Link: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=67761
What happened?: During a section where I have to point to a section of a photograph, the game does not load the "touchscreen" and I cannot select anything.
What did you expect to happen?: I expected the game to push the photograph into the touchscreen so I could continue the game.
Can you reproduce the problem?: Presenting the Crime Photo will ALWAYS cause this glitch.
What did you do before the problem showed up?: When I started playing this game, it was functioning normally and didn't encounter this problem until now

I've tried clearing the caches, quitting background programs and switching browsers, but this always occurs. I have no other devices to test this game so I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or not.

Edit: Forgot to include the P Prefix.
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [p] The Assistant's Turnabout

Post by drvonkitty »

Don't believe this is a bug, but a missing image file. If the image file is missing, you won't be able to point to the image on the touchscreen. Perusing the editor, it looks like several images are still hosted on dropbox, which is probably the culprit with the evidence you're talking about.

The only fix would be for Enigma or DWaM to rehost the assets on a server other than dropbox. Otherwise, the case will remain unplayable. I'd shoot the two of them a message asking them about it, if you want to continue playing.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [p] The Assistant's Turnabout

Post by Enthalpy »

Contacting DWaM is more likely to get you anywhere, since I believe enigma has left the site.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson