Scene Updates Broken

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Ise no Kami
Spoken languages: English

Scene Updates Broken

Post by Ise no Kami »

So, this has happened to me twice. Essentially, if I have two major events going on in one investigation location at different times (for example, an intro scene for the day at Wright and Co., followed by something plot relevant there later), it would make sense to make two separate scenes, give them the same location name, and swap them out when it's time for the new event.

If you do this, the second version of the location will not load properly when you move there. The music you may have set will play, but nothing else on the screen will change. Pretty sure it bugs conversations too. Is there a way to fix this, or at least get around it?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Scene Updates Broken

Post by Enthalpy »

I've done the exact same thing in my trials, and it worked. I've seen the exact same thing work in trials I played two weeks ago. This leads me to suspect that your problem is in your particular trial, not the AAO engine. Send me a link to your trial, so I can see it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Scene Updates Broken

Post by Enthalpy »

As suspected, this was a problem with the trial, not an engine error.

Locked.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson