[P] Multiple endings/choices go to Rude Trial

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

WrightAGuy
Spoken languages: English

[P] Multiple endings/choices go to Rude Trial

Post by WrightAGuy »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Link:
Normal Player: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=100896
Debugger: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=100896&debug
Trial Editor:http://www.aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=100896

What happened?:
I was play testing my first trial with the concept of having multiple trials. It turned out that it took several days to finish it, but I checked and double-checked to make sure that all of the variables were going to the right places. Afterwards, I began play testing the friendly-Trust-Deeper Combo decision. However, it defaulted to using the wrong trial ending which was the "Rude Trial" choice.

What did you expect to happen?:
It was suppose to choose the pills ending. I did this with every other ending after the "Rude" frame (frame 184). I thought my variables were wrong, but aside from one mistake in the choosing of Phoenix's argument, they were all correct. Even then, I corrected, and it still led to the Rude Trial. All possible combinations each have a different trial with a different password. However, it does seem to work perfectly fine in the debugger if I watch variables that correspond with the correct Trial. The frame that decides which trial should be used is frame 159.

Can you reproduce the problem?:
Yes, as long as the variables aren't watched, and as long as you choose the "Friendly tone" option without the Discredit Client option. They don't appear as I said, so I have a cheat sheet. I had to draw a table, after all. The variables I have written on the paper correspond to the variables except for "Deep". I wasn't sure if Deep was a problem, so I changed it to M. The Variables/Choices are described as such: F,P,V (Friendly Tone, Professional Tone, Vague Tone) DTQ (Discredit Client, Trust Client, Question Client) and Deep,C,L(Deeper Meaning, Call their Bluff, Left Unsaid) I'll post the picture.

What did you do before the problem showed up?:
This was after I was started play testing the main choices, Sloppy, Logical, and Best trials. They are suppose to be the first frames to check if the requirements are met. Ex: Sloppy is gotten through the combination V,D,L, Logical(F,T,C), Best(P,Q,Deep/M) and so on. After I noticed the problem, I changed the aforementioned Deep to M for simplicity. I also played around with the skip and instant text options to see if they were the source of the problem. They were not.

Comments:
I've been reading through some of the problem forums, and I noticed that people don't really say thanks. So, I appreciate the work that has been put into this case maker. It was a lot of fun to mess around with.

Edit:
It seems that I can't post a picture. So I will try my best to articulate a list of all possible endings. Sorry for the inconvenience. Also, I realized that Logical was used twice as a choice, so I changed the links to reflect this. As a result, the text in the doppelganger logical trial has been switched to "reasonable". I've also noticed that the judge sticks onto the screen for too long, but that is my least worry for the moment.

Professional Line:
P,D,Deep/M - Unfaithful
P,D,C - Cruel
P,D,L - Biased
P,T,Deep/M - Reasonable
P,T,C - Blatant
P,T,L - Blue Badger
P,Q,Deep - Best (Main Outcome)
P,Q,C - Uncertain
P,Q,L - Game Night

Friendly Line:
F,D,Deep/M - Diss
F,D,C - Track Team
F,D,L - Rude
F,T,Deep/M - Pills
F,T,C - Logical (Main Outcome)
F,T,L - BBFF
F,Q,Deep/M - Connection
F,Q,C - Phone
F,Q,L - Niave

Vague Line:
V,D,Deep/M - Offensive
V,D,C - Cruel
V,D,L - Sloppy (Main Outcome)
V,T,Deep/M - Joke
V,T,C - Rebuttal
V,T,L - Treason
V,Q,Deep/M - Denial
V,Q,C - Lightning
V,Q,L - Lazy

Some Trials that have special cutscenes or extra frames:
Blue Badger
Rebuttal
Treason
Lazy

The description of the Variables/Choices is described at the bottom of the fourth bolded subject.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Multiple endings/choices go to One Frame

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the detailed report!

I chose Friendly, Trust, and Call and received the password for the Logical trial, not the Rude trial. Is this a combination that leads to the Rude trial when you attempt it?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
WrightAGuy

Re: [P] Multiple endings/choices go to Rude Trial

Post by WrightAGuy »

Yes, that should be correct. Although I expected the main outcomes to work fine because they are the frames before the rude trial.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I can get to the Diss trial just fine, too. Given the bug you're reporting, was that also supposed to lead to the Rude trial? If so, then I can't reproduce this bug. Try to reproduce the bug again. If you can, then I'll have to try using exactly the same browser on a Windows machine...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
WrightAGuy

Post by WrightAGuy »

Wait, I misread your question about the F,T,C Combination. No, that is the correct combination for the logic trial, not the rude trial. The rude trial should only be given with the combination of F,D,L.
However, I'm still able to find the bug. I theorize that the logic trial works because it is the option above the rude trial in chronological order. Any other trial in the F family, except for the Diss and Track trial, won't appear. If the browser is the problem, I recently updated my browser to see if this would fix the problem. I can say that I can still replicate the bug. My browser at the moment is:
Mozilla Firefox version 58.0 (64 bit).
If there is anything else you should know about my computer, please let me know.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Sorry I kept you waiting! It's been a crazy week.

I tried F,D,C, and I get the Track Team Trial password... exactly like I'm supposed to. I haven't found the bug with F,T,C or with F,D,M or with F,D,C. Please give me a specific combination that leads to the bug when you try it.
WrightAGuy

Post by WrightAGuy »

Alright, try these combinations: F,T,M; F,T,L. F,T,M should lead to the pills ending. However, F,T,L should lead to the BBFF ending. I didn't suggest F,T,C because that combination should work on its own.