Apollo's freakout sprite?

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Apollo's freakout sprite?

Post by drvonkitty »

Just wanted to post about something strange I noticed about Apollo's freakout sprite.

Here's the link to Apollo's freakout sprite per the AAO editor:
And there's here's the one from CR's Apollo spriteset:

For some reason, the AAO version of the sprite is significantly faster than the CR one. As far as I can tell, the CR one is more representative of the sprite in the game, although I suppose it's possible that the faster one is used in some instances. Just wanted to post about this and see if it's a bug that needs fixing, or an intentional design choice.

Thanks all.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Apollo's freakout sprite?

Post by Enthalpy »

I don't believe this one is intentional. I'll look into it and will hopefully have a more definitive answer for you tomorrow.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for your patience, given my hectic schedule. Post again here on Friday if I haven't posted here by then.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Just got some footage from the canon games to compare against. (For my future reference, about the one hour mark here.) The CR sprite is a lot closer to the canon timing.

Replacing start-up animations is a bit trickier than replacing other animations, but I'll see what I can do for this one.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

This will be fixed in the next AAO update!