Klavier's close-up sprite still bugged

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Esrom
Spoken languages: English

Klavier's close-up sprite still bugged

Post by Esrom »

Klavier Gavin's closeup sprite has been bugged for some time. Try as I might, I simply can't get this sprite to talk in unison with the text the way almost every other sprite does.

Here's a link to my latest attempt to test the sprite.

http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=104092
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Klavier's close-up sprite still bugged

Post by Enthalpy »

You're completely right. Klavier's zoom talk sprite needs to be replaced with the one from the CR zip file.

Post here again if I haven't posted back here by Friday.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Esrom
Spoken languages: English

Post by Esrom »

Enthalpy wrote:You're completely right. Klavier's zoom talk sprite needs to be replaced with the one from the CR zip file.

Post here again if I haven't posted back here by Friday.
Okay.

I first noticed this glitch back in 2012-2013 when I was coding my first (and as of the date I'm writing this, only) completed AAO trial, Turnabout Killer Joke. To make the thing initially appear to be a normal straight Ace Attorney case (as opposed to something revolving around a reference to a British comedy sketch), I played the opening testimony straight as Apollo successfully debunks the witness's suggestions that any sort of poisons or gasses were involved. It's after that point, when Klavier reveals the real murder weapon, I decided to use his 'zoom' sprite. I noticed then the glitch I mentioned - that the zoom sprite's animation doesn't match the text typing in the way that almost all the other 'talking' sprites do.

Recently, I went back and transferred Turnabout Killer Joke over to V6, adding in some new frames and dialogue as well as 'Types' and so on to the Evidence and Profiles. And I noticed the Klavier zoom sprite problem is still there.

So to further test it out, I created the little test bit I link to above. I decided to have Klavier get really carried away and say more lines just to make it clear that his talking sprite is not in sync with the displayed dialogue. (Oh, and I added Enthalpy as a collaborator to the 'Klavier close-up sprite test' just in case you want to do some experimentation there as well).

Anyway, I think you can add all this to my testimony. :)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

No testimony needed - I'm just a terrible procrastinator.

This will be fixed in the next AAO release.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson