Read this before reporting a bug!

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

Read this before reporting a bug!

Post by Meph »

Read the following before reporting a bug
Before reporting a bug, please check this section to see if it has already been reported. If it hasn't, make a new topic and report according to the following instructions.

All reports must use this template. If you do not use this template, the developers may not be able to investigate your problem:

Code: Select all

[b]User Agent String:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]What happened?:[/b]
[b]What did you expect to happen?:[/b]
[b]Can you reproduce the problem?:[/b]
[b]What did you do before the problem showed up?:[/b]
You may not know what some of these fields mean.

User Agent String: Are you using a Windows or a Mac or a Linux? Firefox or Chrome, and what type? All this information is stored in the user agent string. You can find yours here.
Link: Give us a link that shows us the bug. Any glitch in the editor or the player should have a link to an editor page or player page, respectively, to a trial where we can generate the bug. Give a link to a save state, if applicable.
What happened?: Tell us what happened. Detail is absolutely critical here, as bugs can often depend on things that don't seem like they would be important, and one badly explained line can make life much harder for developers. Remember when writing your report that we don't know your case, so you will need to be specific.

Here are some sample "What happened":
I loaded my trial and my sprites are all messed up.
I loaded my trial in the player, and all my custom sprites are in the top-left corner. The default sprites are unaffected.
I loaded my trial in the editor, and some of the references on my custom sprites are wrong. On frame 50, for example, I selected my character's "angry," but for some reason, the "anxious" sprite shows up, both when playing the trial and when previewing the frame in the editor.
Example 2 and 3 give enough information for the developers to take a look. Example 1 does not. You can save everybody time by being clear detailed from the start!

Remember: If you edit your trial after saving it, there may be problems if you load the save again.

Also, please use the following prefixes in the topic's title:-
  • Add "[E]" to the front of topics that are about the Trial Editor.
  • Add "[P]" to the front of topics that are about the Trial Player.
  • Add "[M]" to the front of topics that are about the Trial Manager.
  • Add "[S]" to the front of topics that are about pages on the site (such as the homepage and the credits page).
  • Add "[F]" to the front of topics that are about the forums.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
papasbuddy

Re: Read this before reporting a bug!

Post by papasbuddy »

so when i have a bug to report i take a look at this first
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Actually, to have a suggestion for Bug Reports...

Could we have some sort of template block to just make it easier to copy and paste from? That way, we can just insert the info pretty easily.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Done!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

The current link in the OP for getting User Agent strings has a security risk, so here's another site that you can get it from: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/ ... ser-agent/
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks, updated.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson