[GK2♫][M][CE] Cascade Theater ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Re: [GK2♫][M][CE] Cascade Theater ●

Post by Reverie »

Hmm... well the only reason I'm using it is so I can have a save on each choice. Because... there's a lot of choices.
Anyway, thank you.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

But you don't need to do that, after getting an ending you can go back with your choices.

It is even not recommended since there is some ending you don't get if you don't have others on your save.
Hey

Post by Hey »

Bringing this thread back 'cause I'm a huge doodoo head.

...Well, there's that and there's this:
Spoiler : :
When Phoenix meets Mia(technically Pearls) in the Winding Way, what is the song that plays during this scene?

Oh yes, and also what is the song that plays when Phoenix and Trucy are talking about stalking Apollo in the Wright Anything Agency?
Double KO

Post by Double KO »

Sorry for the t w o y e a r necro but DWaM gave me permission to post the comprehensive walkthrough of Cascade Theater I made on Twitter here in this thread. It's a great game, with so many elaborate details and I can't recommend it enough, so in case someone other than me is still playing Cascade Theater in 2020, here's a (hopefully 100%) completion guide of it so you guys can get everything you can out of this case.
Spoiler : The walkthrough: :
typo in the guide btw, recommended route order is answer phone -> don't answer phone -> bad ascension -> redemption -> drop ticket
Last edited by Double KO on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Well, I spent the entirety of yesterday playing this and I'm still thinking about it, so here's an attempt to gather my thoughts. Thank you to DWaM for writing this, and to Double KO for the walkthrough because I know I would have been lost without it.
Spoiler : :
So, never trust the narrator? More like never trust ANYONE! Seriously, I think the only living characters who didn't pull the rug out from under me were... Pearl and Grossberg? Initially I had Gumshoe included in that very short list, and we all know how that turned out.

This was very emotion driven and as a person fascinated by character studies, I loved it. Some other people in this thread said a couple of the twists came out of nowhere (particularly Larry's) but I didn't mind that as much? I was more fixated on what had happened and how it affected the cast. It messed me up, but in like. A fun way? My favourite endings were the ones with Trucy (particularly Move On) as the way her dynamic with Phoenix was written absolutely captivated me. It helps that she's one of my absolute favourite characters in the series, aha.

I only had a couple minor issues of confusion, and I had to refresh a few times more than advised (mostly because I click too fast oops) and there was one point where one of Valant's sprites got stuck on screen for a super long time? Not sure how that happened but since I was advancing dialogue I'd already read at that point, it didn't take away from the experience (but was very funny).

Funnily, the first thing I ever heard about DWaM's writing was that it was grimdark but from playing other cases I never quite got that sense? I'm starting to think that Cascade Theatre is where that idea came from.

Anyways, wow. What an experience. Using Mr. Hat as like... a spokesperson? Mascot? for the story worked really well; it was very eerie. Loved the atmosphere here.

I'll probably be thinking about this for a while more. Stories like this really tend to stay with me.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Gonna have to second most of everything ikuzonos above me said.

INCREDIBLE case. There are still some things I'm mildly confused about (nothing huge, just specifics behind the causes for certain minor actions) but overall I know what happened, and that's really surprising, considering just how much content this case has, and all the different endings. I thought I'd get very confused, because that's usually what happens with mind-F's of plots like this one, but I did not, and that impressed me.
(Maybe I would've gotten more confused if it weren't for Double KO's guide above. GOD BLESS them for that, by the way. But who knows, anyway.)

The interesting thing is that...
Spoiler : Spoilers :
I can heavily relate to Phoenix and Edgeworth's positions in the plot. Phoenix with feeling stuck and angry and coping with substances, and hating himself and Edgeworth, and Edgeworth feeling horrible and guilty and lashing out in anger at Phoenix and Larry, but really hating himself when that anger is set aside.

The reason that's interesting is that, by some alignment of the stars, I ended up playing this case just one day after a very, very, very mentally low point for me. The conversation with Mia!Pearl in the Final Ending ("You're the defense. Let someone else do the prosecuting.") really struck a chord with me, and I needed to hear that. Made me cry.

Considering this thread hasn't been touched in two years until Double KO posted their guide, and I didn't have the chance to play the case until today, I think it must be fate, or something. I'm theoretically spiritual, so I like to think that some sort of spirits above us brought me back to this case. (I had attempted to play it a while back, probably close to two years ago, but I got very confused because I didn't know how to navigate all the different paths. But anyway...) Thank you for this case, DWaM, really. <3
I saw a lot of complaints about certain twists being sudden or too OOC or borderline laughable, but honestly? I never felt that way; I was fully immersed the whole case. I think it depends on the person playing, and the mindset they go into the case with. (Not a negative statement about anyone, or the case.) Personally, I found that (most of) the twists and plot devices made sense to me, and those that didn't were explained to me afterwards and then clicked for me. The writing was great, and I believed the characters felt XYZ when they said they felt XYZ.

Great work, DWaM.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!