[T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ☆○○○○ [Case 2 Part 2 BETA]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gamer2002

Re: [T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ●○○○○ [Case 1 up]

Post by Gamer2002 »

I'm only mentioning it here so that Gamer doesn't conclude that someone leaked his trial and blame the innocent.
IT WAS ENTHALPY FOR MASON AND ENIGMA FOR CYBERNABOUT!!

I KNOW IT BECAUSE THEY CRITICIZED ME!!

Anyway, I'm adding a new things for "Help needed" section.

Voice for The Prosecutor
I need a voice for a certain prosecutor. He isn't going to show up for a while, but there will be a flashback about him in episode 2, and I would like to have it voiced. Besides "Objection" I also want him to yell "Enough". He is a man in his late 40s. He is quite ruthless and has demanding voice. When he yells "Enough" he also is out of patience and is going to deliver argument that will shut you up. If you need more inspiration, here is my choice for his theme.
But remember: I don't want another Manfred von Karma. Though you are allowed to make your best Norio Wakamoto impression.

Writing Clean Up
I need somebody willing to make one more grammatical check through the first episode to spot all little mistakes left. And also add contractions here and there to make dialogue more natural, while we are at this ;P
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

Gamer2002 wrote: Voice for The Prosecutor
I need a voice for a certain prosecutor. He isn't going to show up for a while, but there will be a flashback about him in episode 2, and I would like to have it voiced. Besides "Objection" I also want him to yell "Enough". He is a man in his late 40s. He is quite ruthless and has demanding voice. When he yells "Enough" he also is out of patience and is going to deliver argument that will shut you up. If you need more inspiration, here is my choice for his theme.
But remember: I don't want another Manfred von Karma. Though you are allowed to make your best Norio Wakamoto impression.
Can't you try to look around The Voice-Acting Alliance forums for that? That could help you, I think.
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Zohar the Shiny
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

I just started Part 2, and I feel like one of the contradictions was a bit... unfair to the witness
Spoiler : :
So yeah, when Bobby was asked about a stepladder, he gave the definition for a stepladder, but perhaps he includes the stepladder as a part of the ladder family. I know that if I saw a stepladder, I would just as likely call it a ladder as a stepladder. I think that you need to somehow prove that Bobby considers "ladders" and "stepladders" as two mutually exclusive objects, instead of just showing that he knows what a stepladder is.
Other than that, though, the trial's been great so far!
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Don't forget that Angela showed him picture of exact same stepladder he was supposed to see in the classroom, and he didn't recognize it. Plus, as it turned out immediately after giving the reason for his mistake, this wasn't exactly the best move on Angela's part.
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

Oh! I must have missed that! For some reason, I assumed that he knew that it was a stepladder but called it a ladder anyway, to show that this was his "lying" testimony (basically, he told a lie that the court would find out about, so he could give other testimony as well). I probably thought this because of Bobby mentioning that Evan was his friend - I assumed that the first testimony was his "nice lie" testimony. The way you put it, in which he was trying to keep his falsehoods undiscovered, makes much more sense. I'll continue on from here, then.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Played through part one. Overall, I'd say your presentation is very good. Custom musics are fitting so far, and characterization is spot on. Dialogue is a little awkward in places, notably lines like, "like the strong independent woman I am" and "this is the power of being a woman." The first of those could probably be removed entirely, and the second might work better if it was something like: "Behold, the power of feminine wiles!" Some of the dialogue though is positively superb, like "Be ashamed, Mr. Prosecutor." Also, the first contradiction has to be one of my favorites in any case I've played. I also can't compliment you enough for your use of custom cutscene graphics.

A couple of random thoughts...

I checked, and holter monitors are actually a thing, so good job with the research there.

Nice job with the thought route, however, I'm curious as to why Angela's hair remains blonde when the thought route completes. Usually, the hair turns charcoal grey.

While we're on that note, the thought route was lacking conclusion text graphics (you know, where what you discovered is displayed on the screen in big, bold letters). If you like, I can go ahead and make one of those for you. I'm just curious if it was a deliberate choice, or if you just couldn't find the right font or what.

Looking forward to playing part 2.
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Usually, the hair turns charcoal grey.
Didn't play DD to tell, and only had poor quality YT videos ;P But let's call this artistic choice, yo.
or if you just couldn't find the right font or what.
This + laziness :P
Looking forward to playing part 2.
It's already up ;)
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I know, I'm taking this time to fix the grammatical errors I missed the first time around. Sometimes I can't catch them until I play through the case. New perspective and all that. :P

One more thing, since you're using Mia's voice as a placeholder, I was wondering if you think Athena's might be a better fit until you can get a custom voice for her. I personally think her voice is a little bit more forceful than Mia's, so it might work considering Angela's personality. Of course, it's up to you, especially considering your ultimate goal is to replace it with custom clips anyway.
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

DD doesn't have good voice clips IMO, excluding maybe Blackquill. And Athena sounds bit too young. Angela is 21, after all.

Speaking of Angela's age, has anybody think about it in context of her studying in Europe?

As for earlier mentioned lines, in AA characters happen to say stupid goofy things and to make themselves look like an idiot. I don't see any problem with those lines ;P
Last edited by Gamer2002 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Fair enough. And no, I have not thought about Angela's age in that context. Trying to do that now, but I'm not getting it (maybe because I'm American).
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

It's AA thing, not real-world one. To precise, it is about difference between her and other AA lawyers from Europe.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Ah, so she took three years longer to pass the bar. Gotcha.

EDIT: On that note, I finally finished catching the grammatical errors I missed, so part one should look a lot better now.
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

I've shortened evidence descriptions. Security log was made easier to read. I also have fixed victims photo to make the problem with it more apparent.
Image Image
The only thing left is grammatical clean-up for part two. What you people think about idea of getting the case featured when it's done? :P

In other news, I have finished general outline for Confessed Turnabout.

EDIT: Eh, the security log should be easier to read, but it seems that multiple spaces are not accepted in detailed evidence description.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Yeah, I found that out the other day when I tried formatting the security log. Oh well.

(Although, perhaps I could take the data from the security log, put it into an Excel spreadsheet, take a screenshot of the spreadsheet, and use the picture of that in the "Check for more detail" section. I'll have to see how that looks).
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

There is simpler and more elegant solution.

Take a screen of every page of security log in the editor, reverse colors and post it as a picture.

EDIT: Doc made log pics, now log is easy to read.