[T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ☆○○○○ [Case 2 Part 2 BETA]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gamer2002

[T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ☆○○○○ [Case 2 Part 2 BETA]

Post by Gamer2002 »

Yey, my first trial thread. After five years of being registered member (though just a year of being active member), how the time flies. And to think that the main idea behind Angela Light series is exactly from those old times of talking animation that never ever stopped! Actually, it was some time after that, back then I had an idea of a trial where Jake Marshall was a movie director. I did reuse that for my first not ever send competition entry. Back then I was calling her Themis White, she had different design, different color palette and different intended personality. But still, the main idea behind her story was this same. I’ll talk about that after full release of the first episode.

Main Cast
Spoiler : :
Image Angela Light
A rookie attorney who begins her career working for Gavin Law Office after her studies in Europe. Seemingly lacking any sense of modesty or respect to the court, but also truly protective over her own family.

Image Evan Light
A high school student and big otaku who is Angela’s younger brother. He is a calm and nice boy who sometimes acts very childish regarding his hobbies.

ImageKristoph Gavin
The head of Gavin Law Office, known as “The Coolest defense on the West”. A renowned and respected lawyer who took the place of top defense attorney after Phoenix Wright’s fall from grace. For Angela, he is a truly supportive mentor who helped her a lot with becoming a lawyer.

Image Klavier Gavin
Kristoph’s younger brother, a rising rock star and the prosecutor who just a year ago took a big part in disbarring of legendary attorney Phoenix Wright. Still dealing with the aftermath of his own debut case Klavier has a hard time determining who he can trust…

Case Descriptions
Turnabout Siblings
Spoiler : Description :
Angela Light debuts as a defense attorney with her own younger brother as her client. Dedicated to winning the case at any cost, Angela encounters a dark sign of her past that makes her take rash decisions...

Part 1 | Part 2
Spoiler : Screens :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Spoiler : Part 1 Walkthrough :
Point the table or the ladder's end under it.

Oldbag's 1st testimony
Present Wendy Oldbag on statement 5

Oldbag's 2nd testimony
Press all statements

Oldbag's 3rd testimony
Press last statement->Select "Sneaking in"->Present evidence->Present Security Log

Write "6:42"

Select any answer.

Present Old Air-conditioner or John Carter.

Evan's testimony
Press statement 5->Select any option->Statement 5-a added
Present ID Card on statement 5-a
Spoiler : Part 2 Walkthrough :
Bobby’s 1st testimony
Press all statements

Bobby’s 2nd testimony
Press statement 4 -> Present evidence -> Present Ladder Picture

Present Victim Photo

Select any option

Bobby’s 3rd testimony
Present Autopsy Report on statement 8

Present John Carter

Select “I Don’t”.

Present Lamp

Point location in front of the victim

Bobby’s 4th testimony
Present ID Card or Security Log on statement 6

Bobby’s final testimony
Press statement 3 -> Press Further -> Statement 3-1 added
If you press statement 3-1 don’t ever press it further
Present John Carter on statement 3-1 OR present Evan Light instead and then present John Carter -> Statement 3-1 amended
Press statement 5 -> Press Further -> Statement 5-1 added
If you see a warning when presenting Coke Can on statement 3-1 before adding statement 5-1 rethink it
Present Coke Can on amended statement 3-1

Point location of the vending machine

Present Evan Light

Present Wendy Oldbag

Present Mrs. Dark’s Affidavit

Present ID Card or Security Log
Confessed Turnabout
After the events of previous case Angela takes another one. But with prosecutor making himself look like a hero there is only one certainty - the defendant will be found Guilty.
Part 1
Part 2 (Beta)

A Right Turnabout
Angela takes yet another case, despite already knowing the sad truth about it. At the same time she meets a certain man who can see secrets locked in her heart. What his judgment over her will be?

Turnabout at Dawn
Angela faces a court where all is wrong. The accusation of her client, questionable trial processing and choice of prosecutor... And that’s just the beginning of things she has to overcome.

Illumination of Turnabout
The time has come. Past sins, real crimes, family truths and dark secrets... Everything comes to the light.

Help needed
Voice for Angela
I need a voice for Angela, :objection: :holdit: :takethat:. I'm currently using Mia, but she is just a placeholder.
Angela is pretty confident and bit haughty, she often treats little victories as a permission to ridicule her opponents.
Last edited by Gamer2002 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Gamer2002

Re: [T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

Post by Gamer2002 »

Spyromed (who I don't know why deleted his posts ;P) gave up on proofreading due to lack of time and real life stuff. So I'm in desperate need of another proofreader.

I don't ask for a lot, just a grammar clean up that would ensure my text to be properly understandable and readable, and also acceptably in character in case of canon characters. I don't want the trial to be rewritten into perfect english, I just want it to be good enough. I am also understandable when it comes to speed of proofreading (I still have to animate Angela and finish final intro pic ;P).

First part has ~1700 frames (Spyromed checked first 600). Second part is also ready and has ~2100 frames, though I didn't check it with grammar checking programs like part 1.
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

---
Last edited by Reverie on Mon May 09, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

I won't be able to do a ton of work immediately due to being busy with IRL stuff (and comp entry help), but I can definitely chip in on this.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I'd like to help, although I won't be able to do anything until Saturday.
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Thx, I've send both of you a pm.
justafan
Spoken languages: Francais anglais

Post by justafan »

Well, I can't say i made some trials, so i might be lacking in technicalties, however i've played lot and lot of trials, so... If you're willing i'd be delighted to test it and give you feedback.

Oh btw, it would be a pleasure to proofread you... Assuming there is stll some vacancy.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Well, now I have 2 proofreaders, so I don't think there is need for a third one (unless Doc and Ferdie think otherwise).

As for playtesters - I think we can wait with this until proofreading is done.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

TheDoctor finished proofreading Part 1, so I think it is ready for playtesting.

If somebody besides justafan wants to join, just say so. I will send instructions after my sleep ;P
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Re: [T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ [Part 1 playtest

Post by Hesseldahl »

I would really like to help!
Gamer2002

Re: [T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ [Part 1 playtest

Post by Gamer2002 »

Trailer up, first part will be released tomorrow.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=51665
Ferdielance

Re: [T]Angela Light: Ace Attorney ○○○○○ [Trailer up]

Post by Ferdielance »

I'm proofreading the second part, and it's slow going due to a number of personal obligations on my end. If anyone wants to help out, I'd recommend checking in with Gamer2002. He's taking the time to delay release until everything is proofread, so I'm feeling a bit of a ticking clock now that part 1 is coming out!
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Actually, the release was delayed also because I still had to make miniatures and I had some problems with resizing Evan's sprites (original filenames were too long and my photoshop cut them, what caused talking and not talking gifs to overwrite each others without me noticing man, I was swearing like mad because of it).

Though releasing part 1 to put additional pressure on proofreaders was something I considered ;]

BTW, Ferdie, if you have time send me your review of the case, even if short. You and Doc are the only one who know it in its entirety, but you guys aren't telling me anything :p
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Technically, I've only read part one. :P
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

... You people do realize what is going to happen if you realize that this case needs a rewrite AFTER proofreading is done, right? ;p