Case Assistance Request Topic

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: Case Assistance Request Topic

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Help with what? The story? The editor? The logic?
Sylvie-chan
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sylvie-chan »

The story, logic, and characters. I'm not really good at creating cases yet (I just recently joined)
~Sylvie-chan
DarkNinja505

Post by DarkNinja505 »

I suppose I could help out a bit, if my schedule allows me. And by schedule I mean if my WiFi works or not.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Sylvie-chan wrote:The story, logic, and characters. I'm not really good at creating cases yet (I just recently joined)
I suspect you will have a better case and more fun making it if you commit to a simple case first. I did something relatively simple for my first case but tried to do something grand and complicated for my second case; the case was terrible. Making cases is hard, and it's important to give yourself "permission" to not be great at first.

Second, I recommend picking one thing and focusing on being good at that. You can't ignore the rest, but you don't need to give those the same kind of attention. If you're not sure what to pick, ask yourself what your favorite thing is about Ace Attorney games. Is it difficult contradictions? Several twists and turns in the cases? The deep interconnectedness of elements of the crime? Or maybe your favorite thing is the tension of a good investigation? Entertaining characters? Getting to know characters better as the story progresses? Or maybe something else entirely!

Once I know that, I can give you some more specific advice.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Sylvie-chan

Post by Sylvie-chan »

I'd like to request a collaborator for my new case idea: The Musical Turnabout (working title).

Here are the details so far (I just thought of this, so it isn't finalized):

Defense Attorney: Klavier Gavin

Prosecution, defendant, and culprit are undecided at the moment.

Also, a beta-tester/playtester would be helpful. Evidence ideas and other details (victim, murder weapon, motive) are also welcome.

--Sylvie-chan
~Sylvie-chan
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

Hello everyone, I'm in need of a native english-speaker to correct my case's translation.

Enthalpy said there was some mistakes which could impair a clear understanding of the case, as there are some terms I couldn't translate efficiently from french to english.

If you have some time, you can PM me :)

Thank you !

Jordarrian

Post by Jordarrian »

I need help with a case I'm working on. This is my first case and I'm having trouble getting the inner workings done. All I need help with is how the crime plays out and contradictions. I'm good with everything else
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

@Jordarrian: I'd be happy to help. Send me a PM with details. I'm accessible on Skype or Discord if you'd rather talk there; PMs are not great for back-and-forth.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Jordarrian

Post by Jordarrian »

Thank you. I would like to discuss via Discord. My tag is Distord#8284
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

And, sent a Friend Request.
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Spoiler : Request completed :
I made an extra short case for BTS so it'd be nice to have a playtester take a quick look at it before it's released. Again, it doesn't require you to have played the other cases, although some references will be lost on you if you haven't, as there are a lot of recurring characters. It's very short, one part that reaches just over 1200 frames. There are only a few puzzles and it's a lot more story-driven than my previous stuff. Send me a PM if you're up for it.
Last edited by Gizmological on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

My upcoming case, Turnabout Trickery, is 99.9% done in terms of writing and gameplay (only very minor things left, like timestamps and couple of possible presents that are incorrect but shouldn't be punished with any penalty). I'm looking for playtesters and proofreaders.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Gamer2002 wrote:My upcoming case, Turnabout Trickery, is 99.9% done in terms of writing and gameplay (only very minor things left, like timestamps and couple of possible presents that are incorrect but shouldn't be punished with any penalty). I'm looking for playtesters and proofreaders.
Consider me a playtester and proofreader. :) (If you accept my offer, that is :D)
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Southern Corn
Spoken languages: English, Bad Jokes

Post by Southern Corn »

It's not really too close to being done yet, but is anybody interested in proofreading/beta-testing for my case? I can't give many details about it at the moment, but you can get (a very brief) glimpse of it here.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Southern Corn wrote:It's not really too close to being done yet, but is anybody interested in proofreading/beta-testing for my case? I can't give many details about it at the moment, but you can get (a very brief) glimpse of it here.
Shoot me a PM, I'm intrigued and the screenshots look pretty solid.
(one thing tho: I haven't played Turnabout Time Traveler. Is it necessary to understand your case?)