Case Assistance Request Topic

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Negatious
Spoken languages: English

Re: Case Assistance Request Topic

Post by Negatious »

Enthalpy wrote:Sure! I'm on break soon, so I'll have time starting this Wednesday.
Cool, thanks!
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!
lynesslim

Post by lynesslim »

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to this forum. I'm looking for good story writer to help me on my project in developing an Ace Attorney-liked original game. We will be having our own unique game mechanics, all new characters and storyline. We are planning to utilize the powerful Live2D for our character animation. The game will be developed using Construct 2 which may be ported to PC, ios as well as Android. Would really like to assemble a team to brainstorm the gameplay and a good storyline. Please add me on skype: lynesslim93 for further discussion.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Lyness
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Interesting - most requests of this kind begin with "I have a story idea and I just need programmers, artists, musicians, testers, and a marketing team." Someone asking for story writers is unusual in my experience. What is the current makeup of your team, and what are your requirements for a story writer? What sort of resources can your team bring to bear, and what kind of time frame are you looking at?
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
lynesslim

Post by lynesslim »

Hello,

Thanks for being interested. The project is very new. I spent couple of weeks playing around with Construct 2 game engine and created a small demo to see if it is possible to build a AAO styled game using the game engine. The result was pretty good so far. I am all alone for the time being as this is my first time trying to recruit members to my team. My story writer needs to have good command of english to handle the necessary dialogues and humors. For the case, we as a team can discuss together, and then story writer is responsible in thinking how to present the case in the game.

As for time frame, I'm looking to have it developed in 3 to 6 months time.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Please add me on skype: lynesslim93 for further discussion.

Regards,
Lyness
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Hello everyone!

So I kinda stopped making progress on one of my trials, but I have started again.

Anyway, I did a playtest myself, and noted some things that need changing, but another pair of eyes would help me. I mostly need someone to check the logic of the case, and see of some scenes feel rushed or long (there are some instances where I think this happens, but I want to see what others think). You will of course be credited when I release it.

I mean no offense to anybody, but I would prefer someone who has at least made one case and received good comments. There's not a high chance I will turn you down if you haven't, but still.

Please send me a PM if you are up to it.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Superboy2.0

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - The Dark Law

Post by Superboy2.0 »

Hey, my name is Superboy2.0. I'm kind of new around here.

I want to start making a fangame on Ace Attorney Online.

I need some help on it.

Could someone collaborate with me?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That is very vague. Could you elaborate on what kind of "help" you're looking for? It may or may not be the kind of help a collaborator can give you in the first place.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mr. Insane
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Re: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - The Dark Law

Post by Mr. Insane »

Superboy2.0 wrote:Hey, my name is Superboy2.0. I'm kind of new around here.

I want to start making a fangame on Ace Attorney Online.

I need some help on it.

Could someone collaborate with me?

Also, ShadowGengarYT is the most awesome user ever!
Yeah, sure, I'm interested in collaborating, altough I do have some requirements:
1. I want to like the plot. I don't want to work on something I don't like.
2. I wanna be useful. I don't wanna be there, while needing to make sprites (which I'm bad at.)
3. You need to be a team player. If you are egoistic or maybe even bullying me, don't expect me to do work.

Also, thanks for that totally not written by me compliment! How nice that you made that yourself, and not me editing the quote!
Well, I don't consider myself crazy...

I prefer insane...
But that's Mr. Insane for you.
Dragonite13
Spoken languages: English, (some) Spanish

Post by Dragonite13 »

Hello! My name is Dragonite13, I'm kinda new here, but I just finished my first case. I've been working on it on my own, and it is the first in a series of 3/4 (I'm thinking just 3.) Anyway, I'd like someone to beta test it and see what you think, as someone going in blind. Obviously, I know what to do, since I made the case.

:holdit:

I know, before you decide, you may want a bit of info, but I'm not giving any spoilers. The only thing I'll say is that it's set a few months after Turnabout Succession, and there are no original characters. I hope someone will be willing to play it! If you are interested, PM me, and I can add you as a playtester.

Thanks in advance,
Dragonite.
"You said you have a dream... Make that dream come true! Make your amazing dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can do it, it's you!"

~N, Pokemon Black
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I've finished writing the prologue to Professor Layton and the Turnabout of the Golden Witch, but before I release it, I'd like to get some playtesters for this. Preferably testers familiar with the original story, but I'll also accept playtesters who aren't familiar, as long as they don't care about spoilers.

I'm mainly looking for people to help make sure everything's good on a technical level, so I'll need you to take notes of any faults in the writing or game design, and let me know which frame they're located in. Although, if you can help make sure characters don't seem too OOC, that'll be good as well.
Image Image Image
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

For now, I may have finished Case #1 (Prologue Case), for Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney series. Let me explain the Case #1: It is the first debut of Soraya Mizumi as witness, especially she will appear late for decisive evidence to show to imply the real culprit. However, I believe I am unskilled in regards of grammar, so I need a writer just to correct unfortunate grammar out of spite.

For those who are interested, you only need one requirement:
* You must not have a ban record, nor a warning record in the forums. I had a feeling on people who had those records, since I'm initially scared of those people because I, am once hacked before in some forums that wasn't AAO. However, those who have any ban records in the chat (xat/Discord) doesn't count. Apologies.

Those who are interested had time to PM me by AAO, Discord or even Facebook (/cortonith). Those are the sites I'm always online of. Thank you! :apollo:

Cortonith

EDIT: It is already filled and I might request for the Case #2 again, if I'm finished.
Currently on massive training. The only way to contact me for now is Discord.
Mr. Insane
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

No one ever reads the title.

Post by Mr. Insane »

Long story short: I've been like really depressed lately because I have no friends. I would like to meet new friends on here to kinda get back on track. I think making a case together seems to me like a fun thing to do to make friends. So, who's wanting to help me?
Well, I don't consider myself crazy...

I prefer insane...
But that's Mr. Insane for you.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Just finished writing my comp entry, so I could use some playtesters. PM me if you're interested.
Image Image Image
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Looking for someone to playtest my comp entry.
It's pretty short, 1800 frames in total. There are also some GK2 character and music spoilers.

PM me if you're up for it.

EDIT (05/03): I've since had a response for this, but if anyone else wants to lend their help then by all means let me know.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

I finished (aside from couple of graphics) the first part of my competition entry. I'm looking for proofreaders and playtesters.