Encouragement: Think twice before posting planned projects

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

cakepops
Spoken languages: English, Telugu (sparsely)

Re: Encouragement: Think twice before posting planned projec

Post by cakepops »

Um does that mean it's ok if I don't post anything about my case? Is there any rules that I have to follow (besides the obvious) when it comes to creating my case? I'm mostly just making my case for fun so I don't really know what to do... Please let me know!
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Really, the only time you need to post about your case is when you want to let other people play it. This topic is mainly meant to discourage people from posting about cases that may never end up being released for one reason or another, but rather wait until they have stuff like screenshots, a well thought out outline of the case, or an actual release of some kind.

Beyond that, just follow the case rules and you'll be fine.
Unas wrote:These rules apply to all cases created using Ace Attorney Online.

Content
  • You must not post content that is not suitable for a young audience, including strong sexual references.
  • You must not use swear words.
  • You may use "light" swear words, but you should not overuse them.
  • You must not recreate episodes from the official Ace Attorney games.
  • You must not copy other members' cases.
Disclaimers
  • Administrators cannot be held responsible for the failure of any parts of the website. However, it is appreciated if these faults can be posted in the Bug reports forum.
  • Every member is responsible for the content of their own cases. The administrators and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hurtful or illegal content within cases. However, they reserve the right to delete or edit any cases they would not agree with and will take into account every complaint against a member or a case; they will, however, remain the only judges of the measures to be taken.
  • Every case posted on this site is the combined property of its author and the administrators. The administrators thus have the right to edit, copy and delete any case. However, it is forbidden for other members to copy, translate or re-use in any way a case without its author's or an administrator's consent.
These rules can change at any time, if they prove to be incomplete.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That said, I highly encourage you to showcase your case if you're happy with the finished product. It would be a shame to just let a good project languish unseen.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Apollo4Justice

Post by Apollo4Justice »

I don't mean to be necroposting here but I had a question that related to the most recent discussion in here (if you could call it recent). I read here that you should wait until 66% of your trial is finished before posting about it, as a recommendation, but I was curious, would that same recommended number apply to a series, as in 66% is the recommended number that the entire series should be at by that point of posting?
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Eh... I'd say with a series, it's a little different. With individual trials, a showcase for a trial that doesn't even have a demo just clutters up the forum. On the other hand, you generally want to keep trials of the same series in the same thread, so all it does is clutter up the OP, which isn't really as much of a problem.
Image Image Image