[T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

butterflyeffect
Spoken languages: English, non fluent French and Spanish

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ○ [Part 1 Released]

Post by butterflyeffect »

@Blizdi thanks for the tip on that. I have already sent it his way.
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Post by drvonkitty »

Hi all, just wanted to post an update about the status of Part 2. I can finally say that Part 2's framing is complete (as in, Part 2 is fully playable at this juncture), and testing is underway! I just received the first tester's report yesterday, so we're well on our way to a release.

Unfortunately, SK is away for the holidays, and there are still a number of art assets that are incomplete. butterflyeffect is going to be helping SK out when he returns, and hopefully we'll be able to get all of the art complete in a timely manner. Since that timeline is still unclear, though, I can't make any promises about the release. But know that it is incoming!

i am aware that i've been saying that the release is incoming for like 4 years now pls don't hurt me
Last edited by drvonkitty on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That's fantastic to hear! Looking forward to the release.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

It'll be nice to finally play the winner of the biggest (English) site competition!
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Yo, any new progress? This was one of my first-played AAO cases and I just got reminded of it - would be awesome if there was some new stuff! (But no problem if there isn't.)
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
drvonkitty

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ●

Post by drvonkitty »

Hey everybody. Wow, been awhile, huh?

After many, many, many (did I mention many?) years, it's finally time to release the second part of A Turnabout Called Justice and (finally) consider the trial fully released. For those of you who are new, this trial was created collaboratively by me and MercurialSK as the winner of the 2014 Bright Age of the Law competition hosted by Unas, the creator of AAO, to show off the power of the AAO6 engine which was newly released at the time. The theme, as the title implies, was "Bright Age of the Law," in which we had to create a trial that focused on a new bright age within the legal system. The case acts as a direct sequel to Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies, aiming to conclude the Gramarye arc. We won (admittedly facing up against only one other entry) and then released Part 1 shortly thereafter. Then we fell into development hell.

Anyway, Part 2 has been sitting around finished for quite a long time now. It was an incredibly, insanely, impossibly ambitious project, with new technical systems as well as art assets. Unfortunately, those are not fully complete, which you will quickly see if you play through the case. There is one functional Perceive section thanks to some SVG magic by SK, but unfortunately it does not function for other Perceive sections in the game. There are also some other placeholders and art assets missing. Those are unlikely to ever change, as both me and SK have long since moved on with our lives and simply don't have the time nor energy to invest into this project anymore.

And so, without further ado, here it is in all its glory! Part 1 and 2 of A Turnabout Called Justice for you to play. It is the result of much blood, sweat, and tears on both of our parts. It is deeply flawed in numerous ways (replaying it one last time to get it ready for release reminded me just how much my writing has grown in seven years), but it is playable from start to finish. While you're welcome to leave your reviews, feedback, and criticisms here, I will say we're unlikely to make many changes going forward. I have long since become inactive on AAO, and I don't forsee that changing anytime soon. I will polish things up as necessary and fix any bugs, but that's about it. Not sure if it'll ever be eligible to be featured, but I guess that's up to the QA team? Not really sure how that works tbh.

You can find links to Part 1 and Part 2 in the main post. Enjoy, and thank you all for your (incredible) patience!

DJJ6800

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ● (Finally released)

Post by DJJ6800 »

*spittake* Wait...is this case...actually...released?!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

:O IT'S FINISHED!

Congrats to you and Merc for all your hard work making this case!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

risefromtheashes wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:34 am Yo, any new progress? This was one of my first-played AAO cases and I just got reminded of it - would be awesome if there was some new stuff! (But no problem if there isn't.)
just a bit
DJJ6800 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:20 am *spittake* Wait...is this case...actually...released?!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
same
SuperAj3 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:21 am :O IT'S FINISHED!

Congrats to you and Merc for all your hard work making this case!
thank you!!!

risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

OH HELL YEAH. I'm gonna get to this soon! I probably won't end up leaving a review (maybe if I have the energy, but that's not likely) but I'm super happy to see this! Part 1 of this case may have possibly been my first AAO case (can't recall, though) so I'm REAL excited.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
PatBrownGame

Post by PatBrownGame »

I COMPLETELY MISSED THIS FINALLY RELEASING AND I'M SO EXCITED! Let's goooo!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

☆ This case is pending a QA inspection to be featured.

Based on the availability of our QAers, I'll be taking this one. I'll post back with a status update in a week. I don't expect to have the review by then, but I may have finished the case.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ☆ (Finally released)

Post by Unas »

Oh, wow, I missed that one !
I remember playing the part 1 to choose the winner of the competition back then, and it was truly amazing on every level - I was really proud to see what could be made with the V6 I had released ! :-)

I hope I can find the time to replay it (it was many years ago, so the details of the story are not fresh in my memory) and play the part 2 then. I haven't played any AAO game in a very long time, as the little time I devoted to AAO has been focused on maintaining the technical infrastructure, but that seems like a perfect opportunity for me to play a bit of AAO again :-D
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Unas wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 am Oh, wow, I missed that one !
I remember playing the part 1 to choose the winner of the competition back then, and it was truly amazing on every level - I was really proud to see what could be made with the V6 I had released ! :-)

I hope I can find the time to replay it (it was many years ago, so the details of the story are not fresh in my memory) and play the part 2 then. I haven't played any AAO game in a very long time, as the little time I devoted to AAO has been focused on maintaining the technical infrastructure, but that seems like a perfect opportunity for me to play a bit of AAO again :-D
Glad to hear you're going to play it, Unas! I'm just happy we finally get to say the Bright Age competition is completed... even if it took 7 years. :side:

Gotta say, I've been playing with the engine a bit lately, and I have to say I'm really impressed with what AAO6 is capable of nowadays. It was a huge upgrade back in the day, and it's only gotten better in the years since.

Speaking of the Bright Age competition by the way, is there any interest in putting together official documentation for AAO6 like there used to be for v5? I know most newbies on the English forum end up going to my AAO6 guide that I made for the competition back then. Might be worth considering, anyway!

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, I have some time to start playing this one. Can you do a quick check for whether this is playable in Chrome, and if not, why not?