[T] Simon Scoop: Ace Attorney ●●○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

AllWrighty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Simon Scoop: Ace Attorney ●○○○

Post by AllWrighty »

Investigation Day 2 of Turnabout Acceleration is up and running!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T] Simon Scoop: Ace Attorney ●○○○

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for being patient; I played this a few days ago, but I just haven't found the time to comment on it until tonight. This is a definite improvement over the previous parts, though I do think you should expand the dialogue with the secondary characters. Compare against talking with Lisa Basil in 3-3 or Guy Eldoon in 4-2. I can elaborate, if you need it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AllWrighty

Re: [T] Simon Scoop: Ace Attorney ●●○○

Post by AllWrighty »

Wow it's been a while, but I finally got around to finishing Turnabout Acceleration! Check it out! I am hyped to start The Smuggled Turnabout soon!
AllWrighty

Post by AllWrighty »

Finally, a new case. I feel like this one is going to be my best one yet! The Smuggled Turnabout Investigation Day 1 is ready to be played! Have at it and let me know what you thunk :larry:

link: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=101156
Psykoko

Post by Psykoko »

Hey, I remember enjoying the first case of this a while back and want to return to it but the links to the first two cases aren't working anymore. Can you fix please?
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

A lot of links don't work anymore because of the switch from aceattorney.sparklin.org to aaonline.fr - you need to keep the trial ID at the end, remove everything to the left of it, and replace it with
aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=
and then the trial ID.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Psykoko

Post by Psykoko »

Alright thanks.
AllWrighty

Post by AllWrighty »

The first part of the Smuggled Turnabout's Trial Day 1 is up! Let me know what you think! I'm proud of this one :larry:
http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=104368
CloudRed1988

Post by CloudRed1988 »

Is there a walkthrough?
AllWrighty

Post by AllWrighty »

Walkthrough for Smuggled Turnabout Day 1 Trial Former
Spoiler : :
Ranger Justice

Testimony 1: Present Bonnie’s Profile on last statement

Jack O’Vall

Testimony 2: Present Aly Cyllya’s profile or iFly Suitcase on third statement

Testimony 3: Present Luggage Photo on third statement

Present Acom Price’s Profile or Security Checkpoint Notes

Testimony 4: Press on the 5th Statement, choose Al Cyllya, then choose Very Important

Choose Gift Shop

Present Wire Tap

Present Missing Engagement Ring
I hope this helps!
CloudRed1988

Post by CloudRed1988 »

Can you walkthrough on each cases?
AllWrighty

Post by AllWrighty »

The second part of The Smuggled Turnabout Day 1 Trial is out!

http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=109287 :apollo: :mia: :judge:
Pigfaced

Post by Pigfaced »

So I just tried out your first case, Turnabout Scoop. I really enjoyed it, and it was definitely fun to play! The contradictions were smart and figuring them out was real fun! The writing was nice; the solution is well thought out and I personally didn't find any "glaring" plot holes, but - in my opinion -
Spoiler : :
killing someone for an article is a bit too much.
Some of the characters were quite memorable, especially Alex, however I'd like to see more of what Simon himself has to offer, instead of being the likeable, yet amateur attorney. On the technical side, I didn't notice anything odd, except for these 4-5 lines inside a single dialog box, which I agree that they could have been prevented with another frame.

Other than that, I found this to be a very enjoyable case and I look forward to playing the next one!

P.S.: I'm an amateur at case-making, and I don't have the time to play many cases, so consider this a "beginner's opinion"! :D :D
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I started playing through Smuggled, since I couldn't remember how far I had gotten the previous times I played this case. Would you recommend and starting from the beginning again? The impression I get is the third case would benefit from my having a clearer idea of the story with Simon and Alex, and what they've been going through together.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Pigfaced

Post by Pigfaced »

Hey, it's me again! I just finished Turnabout Acceleration, and boy did I like this case! I liked the characters, the dialogue, the trial sections and I especially liked the solution to this mystery; Not only did I not expect it, but I think it's very original and quite heart-breaking.

My only "problem" with the case is that at first you're bombarded with a lot of time-related information, which confused me a lot more than it helped me solve it. Other than that, I didn't find any problem with the way information was given to the player and actually, there are moments where the player has to give a lot of thought to the evidence and come up with various ideas, which I always love in a case.

I also liked the character development between Simon and Alex, and I'm more used to them now. They feel more like actual characters and not just place-holders for Apollo and Trucy.

So overall, great job with this one! I'll probably play the last one too, so you're gonna see my thoughts on that some time soon! :larry: :larry: