[T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●●●●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Modérateurs : EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Règles du forum

Re: [T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●●●● 

Message par Sylien » Sam Sep 08, 2018 11:24 am

this is like the second fangame i've ever played and damn was that good!

also, there's a spelling mistake in pt.6, frame 94, where unknown is spelled unkown
Sylien

Message(s) : 1
Genre: Masculin
Langues parlées: English, Italian

Message par DJJ6800 » Mer Oct 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Could you upload a soundtrack list?
DJJ6800

Message(s) : 46
Langues parlées: English

Message par Aeliren » Lun Nov 05, 2018 4:28 am

I took a pretty long break from Ace Attorney-related material, so unfortunately I wasn't available to help playtest anything further than Turnabout Recovery. Yet here I am, at the end of this journey after finishing the last case, and what a ride it was. Brilliant twists all around, great characters, great... everything, really (Ok, so I never really liked that particular Edgeworth sprite especially for the bench, but that's hardly your fault and completely subject to opinion but I needed to get it out there). The last case in particular really brings everything together and wraps it up nicely. And the character names are brilliant and feel properly AA-themed. Add to the fact that it's a complete set of cases that have been complete, something that I personally find exceedingly rare (Off the top of my head, I can count one other)? Truly impressive.

Spoiler : Before the Dawn :
TIME PARADOX! Seriously though, going back to part 2 after getting the safe code in part 4, was it Waters coming back in for Round Dos? And there's no mention of Ema, did she get KOed too?

Spoiler : Chance/Before the Dawn :
Defending Shelly de Killer was brilliant and I loved everything about it. The little "whoops" added to his profile in BtD is hilarious to boot. One question: I'm assuming that Crooke was sent by Mags/Rivales to defend him to let him take the fall, like he did with Dee's case in OG-4? Or was it simply coincidence?

Spoiler : Regrets/Before the Dawn/Epilogue :
Personally, Crooke's tale as shown in Turnabout Regrets and the effect it had on him for the next year is what really touched me, and the detail about him trying to find Faith after everything is over with is great. In fact, it was something I was really hoping to see in the epilogue, and I was not disappointed.

And it's about damn time the wonder siblings found out that they were related. Even if I think Phoenix would probably get some crap from Thalassa for telling them before she was ready (sounds to me like she's just afraid at this point).
Aeliren

Message(s) : 47
Langues parlées: English and French (Anglais et français).

Message par Gizmological » Lun Déc 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Whoops, I accidentally fell off the face of the earth there for a moment.

Seriously though, I'm really thankful for the interest that's being shown in my work and I'm glad people are having fun with it. I've just moved to a new town and started a new job so things have been a little hectic recently. Still, it's about time I started responding to people here.

Sylien a écrit :also, there's a spelling mistake in pt.6, frame 94

Ah, good catch. Should be fixed.

DJJ6800 a écrit :Could you upload a soundtrack list?

I've added all the custom music used to the credits section of each case. Not sure why I hadn't done that already, but hopefully that helps.

Aeliren a écrit :
Spoiler : Before the Dawn :
TIME PARADOX! Seriously though, going back to part 2 after getting the safe code in part 4, was it Waters coming back in for Round Dos? And there's no mention of Ema, did she get KOed too?

The implication is yes for both your questions. I'll admit, it's at this point that Waters' plan becomes considerably less practical. But the bad ending is really just an easter egg. I wouldn't think too hard about it.

Spoiler : Chance/Before the Dawn :
Defending Shelly de Killer was brilliant and I loved everything about it. The little "whoops" added to his profile in BtD is hilarious to boot. One question: I'm assuming that Crooke was sent by Mags/Rivales to defend him to let him take the fall, like he did with Dee's case in OG-4? Or was it simply coincidence?

Yep, Crooke is really working on behalf of the syndicate at this point meaning Shelly's paranoia was right on the money.

Spoiler : Regrets/Before the Dawn/Epilogue :
And it's about damn time the wonder siblings found out that they were related. Even if I think Phoenix would probably get some crap from Thalassa for telling them before she was ready (sounds to me like she's just afraid at this point).

Agreed. It's why I threw in the "We've been thinking about telling you..." line to imply that the two had already discussed it. Still, I feel like Phoenix probably would have held out a bit longer had Athena not called him out.
Gizmological

Message(s) : 197
Langues parlées: English

Précédent

Retour vers Your Trials