[T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●●●●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●○○ (Case 2 Released)

Post by Gizmological »

Weird.
Are you using firefox? I get the same dead links if I use chrome but not on firefox.
If you definitely are then I'm not sure what the issue is, the links are definitely all still up from what I can see.
I'll have a closer look in the morning.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Gizmological wrote:Weird.
Are you using firefox? I get the same dead links if I use chrome but not on firefox.
If you definitely are then I'm not sure what the issue is, the links are definitely all still up from what I can see.
I'll have a closer look in the morning.
I'm using Firefox.

Are you sure the links are public? If you're logged into the host site on Firefox but not Chrome, that would explain that.
Aeliren
Spoken languages: English and French (Anglais et français).

Post by Aeliren »

Phoenix and Edgeworth wordlessly presenting their badges to one another at the start is easily one of the funniest things I've seen in a fancase.
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Lind wrote:Are you sure the links are public? If you're logged into the host site on Firefox but not Chrome, that would explain that.
That shouldn't be it. The links are set to public and I was logged out of instaudio in firefox, but logged in on chrome. It looks like the only dead links were some of the sound files when I used chrome, so I've reuploaded those to kiwi6 and all the links seem to work for me on chrome now. Let me know if anything's changed.

I've no idea what the broken image link is. It's the same on firefox but it doesn't seem to affect anything from what I can tell.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

I didn't even realize case 2 was out lol

It's pretty good, can't wait for a potential case 3 :o
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

And for some reason the sound files now all load. Weird.

Let's give this a whirl.
Spoiler : :
Huh, so we have to manually click for the intro? It's normally autoplayed.

Oh no Phoenix has been shot and is most definitely dead. Defo. No way this is a false alarm.

No doubt the defendant is guilty. After all, they're just telling Talle Tales.

Oh, he's confessing. Which means his Talle Tales imply that, in a shocking and unprecendented twist for this series, THE DEFENDANT IS INNOCENT.

Oh, he's a Matador?

Oh. Or a doormat. That one makes more sense.

WHEN A PROBLEM COMES ALONG
YOU MUST WHIP IT

Golly, Franziska sure has aged well.

Wow this lady sure must not value her depth perception.

oh hey it's velind

Not gonna lie, I'm stumped for the pun in Nathan Mags.

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT

Nathan Mags is a... villain? No way. That's unpossible. There is no way that one of the maybe three stock character sprites that has a breakdown pose could possibly be a villain.

Interpol? I wasn't expecting them to be involved. Glad to hear, though - I'm a big fan of theirs. Turn on the Bright Lights is an absolute masterpiece and oh dear you're talking about the international police organization and not the band aren't you

"The is usually the point where the detective shows up"
Settle down there, Joss Whedon.

"I won't rest until I've investigated every suspicious-lloking nook and cranny".
Well played.

I have a template for chalk lines and blood and made you a this real quick, you can use it if you want.

Another bullet. Calling it, that's the warning shot the defendant fired.

Oh hey this dialogue seems familia-
Well, colour me intrigued. I like the setup for this case so far.

Will keep you posted when I play Part 2.
Psykoko

Post by Psykoko »

Just played through Turnabout Recovery. The way the characters were written were fine but there were some issues with the case itself.
I thought the fact that Ian Gard entered the room only two minutes after Ema was a legit contradiction that the defendant and victim were always alone and it sucks I get nothing from presenting it. Also, after we presented how the victim died instantly after being stabbed, it was countered with him hitting Ema before being stabbed, but isn't it another contradiction that Ema was knocked out after this and couldn't stab him? Another thing I don't get is how Fuzz planned to walk out of there with the missing file, did he somehow know that Gard would be skipping out on guard duty?
The contradictions we can present were okay I guess, but I've seen better.
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

@Lind
Lind wrote:
Huh, so we have to manually click for the intro? It's normally autoplayed.
Yeah, I decided to leave the first bit of the intro like that for the fake-out factor. Plus, it meant I could just redirect back to it at the end of the investigation.

Oh no Phoenix has been shot and is most definitely dead. Defo. No way this is a false alarm.
I'm not dead!

No doubt the defendant is guilty. After all, they're just telling Talle Tales.
Clap. Clap. Clap.

Oh, he's confessing. Which means his Talle Tales imply that, in a shocking and unprecendented twist for this series, THE DEFENDANT IS INNOCENT.

Oh, he's a Matador?
I hadn't considered this interpretation. I like this pun better, though. Guess I'm rewriting the case to make it about bullfighting...

Oh. Or a doormat. That one makes more sense.

WHEN A PROBLEM COMES ALONG
YOU MUST WHIP IT

Golly, Franziska sure has aged well.
Sponsored by Olay anti aging cream. Except it's not.

Wow this lady sure must not value her depth perception.

oh hey it's velind

Not gonna lie, I'm stumped for the pun in Nathan Mags.
Still bad at puns. Nathan Mags => Nate Mags => Magnate

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT

Nathan Mags is a... villain? No way. That's unpossible. There is no way that one of the maybe three stock character sprites that has a breakdown pose could possibly be a villain.
Shhh...

Interpol? I wasn't expecting them to be involved. Glad to hear, though - I'm a big fan of theirs. Turn on the Bright Lights is an absolute masterpiece and oh dear you're talking about the international police organization and not the band aren't you

"The is usually the point where the detective shows up"
Settle down there, Joss Whedon.

"I won't rest until I've investigated every suspicious-lloking nook and cranny".
Well played.

I have a template for chalk lines and blood and made you a this real quick, you can use it if you want.
Oh wow. That's much nicer, thanks!

Another bullet. Calling it, that's the warning shot the defendant fired.

Oh hey this dialogue seems familia-
I don't know what you're talking abou-
@Psykoko
Spoiler : Turnabout Recovery Spoilers :
That Gard entered the room 2 minutes later is a fair point. It wasn't a contradiction because Gard discovered the body when he entered the room and there's no reason to suspect him of lying about that. Though, I should probably have Payne or Fuzz address the issue to leave out any confusion. I'll make sure to change that when I get the chance.

The theory was that Timothy hit Ema but she stayed conscious long enough to stab him and then pass out. I think it was explained in Fuzz's rebuttal, but I'll double check.

Fuzz wasn't expecting to spend as long as he did in the evidence room. His plan was to gain access by returning a piece of evidence, find the file within a few minutes and then leave without letting Gard see the file. Again, this is something that I could have probably made clearer in the case itself.

Thanks for the feedback.
theusjshjdhdne

Post by theusjshjdhdne »

I'm on the final testimony for Case 2, but Statement 3 seems to be erased. Is there any way to get it back, or do I have to start the whole trial over again?
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Spoiler : @theusjshjdhdne :
Erased?
After pressing and selecting "Evidence Room" it should have been replaced with a statement that says "The murder weapon was taken from the police records room," which is where you present the pistol. Is that not the case?
theusjshjdhdne

Post by theusjshjdhdne »

Gizmological wrote:
Spoiler : @theusjshjdhdne :
Erased?
After pressing and selecting "Evidence Room" it should have been replaced with a statement that says "The murder weapon was taken from the police records room," which is where you present the pistol. Is that not the case?
Not at all. It just skips to Statement 4, and now I can't finish the case.
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Weird. Do you remember exactly what you did to make that happen?

Here's a link to just before the cross examination so that you can try again.

If it's still broken, here's a link to skip past it.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. It should be fixed now.
Gizmological

Re: [T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●○○

Post by Gizmological »

Woah, look at this. This thing isn't dead. In fact it's SO not dead that I'm actively working on it at the moment. Crazy, right?

So, yeah. I was distracted there for a bit by a lot of comp stuff. But this series was always in the back of my mind while I was working on other things, which is why I've decided to put it out there that case 3 of BTS has been completely written. Case 4 on the other hand... well, it's sort of loosely written. The point is that all that's left before case 3 can be opened for playtesting is for me to... well, actually finish making the damn thing. In the meantime, here are some hypeshots from A Turnabout of Chance Pt. 1, which is actually completely finished as of today.

Anyways, the hope is to have the case finished soon-ish? I mean, it's optimistic, but it could happen. The main point is that BTS is not dead and case 3 is in the works. Hopefully, you'll give it a try.

Update over.
Blizdi

Re: [T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●○○

Post by Blizdi »

Nice dude, I can't wait. Hope you finish this series soon, can't wait for the 100 hour long case 4 finale :P
Gizmological

Re: [T] AA: Beyond the Shadows ●●●○ (Case 3!)

Post by Gizmological »

Quick update to say that case 3 is now out! Links and such should be working properly, and a big thanks to Declaro and TheKayOne for playtesting.

Should also mention that I've been planning a bonus case for this series. It will be much shorter, probably only one part, and explore a couple of characters from BTS in a little more detail without impacting the main story too much. The only thing left to decide is whether to finish that before or after case 4 is released, so I'm open to suggestions on that.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy AToC and I'm eager to hear any feedback.