[T][CE] Turnabout Revivals ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Revivals ●

Post by DWaM »

With some delay, I've finally gotten around to updating the OP with the soundtrack. Sorry it took so long.

I want to also take this time to thank anyone who'd played the case and who I hadn't thanked for playing it in return! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
DWard14
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWard14 »

allamanda29 wrote:Just finished playing.
Seriously DwaM, Capcom should hire you for writing the next AA game. I hope you won't stop making fan games :D
Look at the bottom of any post DWaM's ever written where the list of all the cases he's made is. There's a new one titled '???'. In other words, there's a new DWaM case in the works.
Gosicrystal
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Gosicrystal »

Good case! I played it like three days ago and I'm really glad you put up the soundtrack. That's one of the things where this case shines.
Spoiler : More details :
As I said, the choice of songs and their usage is pretty darn brilliant. Many of them felt very spot on, to the point of creepiness. My favorites were the Deus Ex track when talking with Ema (both at night and in the morning), the Title Screen from Layton, and Puzzle 3 from Puzzle Agent.

I was pretty much bought when I read another post saying this case uses 999 scenery. Admittedly, not many images are used from that game, but they still fit with the Pequod (by the way, does "Pequod" have some special meaning or was it a random name you picked?). It's curious how pics from an abandoned ship can be used to depict a luxury one with rich people.

As some other people said too, the dialogues were very spot on when it comes to characterization. I grinned and even laughed at Apollo's self-shaming when he woke up at the beginning ("Geez, Justice, why do you suck so much?"). Good ol' Edgeworth was cocky enough, but I don't understand what the point of Phoenix calling him only for him to hang up immediately was.

On my first playthrough, I thought there was no point in investigating Valant's apartment, but then it turned out the 4-digit code found there could be used to open a safe that's in the agency at 1 AM (a safe I didn't even see the first time around, and I clicked all over the place just to be sure Phoenix didn't have witty remarks). I did, however, get into Hobo's email. When it asked me the name of the first-born child, I remembered Maya's uncanny photo and wildly thought "Hey, maybe the answer's Mia. Can you imagine?". And it was. Hilarious photo of Hobo, though. :awesome:

As soon as the second body was found, I immediately called "That's it. The Fortune Teller used one of his planes to move Finn from LA to the ship. And no one needed any code to access the morgue because the victim faked his death, got up in the morgue, and walked outside". But it wasn't that! Well played, sir. :atmey:

The thing I didn't like because got me stuck during the investigation before the showdown was having to keep Ema up to date with information about Finn and his magic show. I saw no logic to this, and had to present every piece of evidence and profile to everyone until I got a different reaction from Apollo and Ema.

By the way, I only progressed through that part of the showdown when you have to point out that two individuals can have the same DNA because my point was that only the latter autopsy report states that the DNA was checked, not the former (and therefore, I thought that the former victim was not Finn, or at least we didn't have the certainty to claim it was Finn). I think the former report should be modified to say that yes, that DNA was also checked.

I found Athena and Note 1 on my second playthrough. Wow. I've played the first chapter of The Empty Turnabout and almost the entirety of chapter two (got stuck in that bug when you have to examine the destroyed courtroom and I don't know what to do now). It's as creepy as interesting to see evil Athena again here. I still have to find Note 2 and see what it says. Incidentally, what was the Forgery 1313 for? A simple summary of the plot?

The funniest thing of all is the part where I had to say who the Fortune Teller is. Trust me, I grinned and joked "Can you imagine it's the darn Zak, who happens to still be alive? I'm gonna present that for the lulz". And it was the right answer. :calisto: I suppose I was expected to have figured it out logically earlier, but I didn't and decided to take a random shot. Valant was my backup choice, and the one I came up with first.

And wow, it's mindscrewing to think that Zak was never killed by Kristoph and everything was a big charade orchestrated by him and Phoenix. Wow again.

And lastly, the newspaper had two pages that were red herrings, right?
To sum up, really interesting, intriguing and fun case. I'm really glad you ended up releasing it, because it's great.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I played the case through and am clearly missing something...
Spoiler : :
Where does the path that takes you through the computer start? I cannot seem to find it.
And, got it. It may be a while before I have coherent thoughts on this.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson