[T] The Best Most Epic Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

keyz05
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] The Best Most Epic Turnabout ●

Post by keyz05 »

Spoiler : :
I'm stuck on Mr. Victus's last testimony! Can someone help me please!?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Could you be more specific? I want to make absolutely sure that when you say "that witness's last testimony," the testimony you're talking about actually is that witness's last testimony. What's the first statement of the CE?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

Enthalpy wrote:Could you be more specific? I want to make absolutely sure that when you say "that witness's last testimony," the testimony you're talking about actually is that witness's last testimony. What's the first statement of the CE?
It's "You can't prove that I'm the culprit."
Last edited by Enthalpy on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilers belong in spoiler tags.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Hint 1 :
It wouldn't be very epic if we could solve this case without identifying the murder weapon, now would it? Figuring that out is our first order of business.
Spoiler : Hint 2 :
Turn your thinking around! What could have been used as the murder weapon?
Spoiler : Hint 3 :
It would have to be able to leave puncture wounds, but also something permitted in Max Security. Look over every piece of evidence for a good fit!
Spoiler : Hint 4 :
Few pieces of evidence in the Court Record could leave puncture wounds. The pencil is too dull, the sword or axe would leave different wounds... What other pieces of evidence would even have sharp parts?
Spoiler : Hint 5 :
Look over everything in the evidence tab. Given how epic this trial is, it wouldn't do to rule out evidence before even thinking about how sharp it is.
Spoiler : Answer :
Present the Badge. Sure is sharp!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

Enthalpy wrote:
It wouldn't be very epic if we could solve this case without identifying the murder weapon, now would it? Figuring that out is our first order of business.
Turn your thinking around! What could have been used as the murder weapon?
It would have to be able to leave puncture wounds, but also something permitted in Max Security. Look over every piece of evidence for a good fit!
Few pieces of evidence in the Court Record could leave puncture wounds. The pencil is too dull, the sword or axe would leave different wounds... What other pieces of evidence would even have sharp parts?
Look over everything in the evidence tab. Given how epic this trial is, it wouldn't do to rule out evidence before even thinking about how sharp it is.
Present the Badge. Sure is sharp!
Another thing, what are the two pieces of evidence that are needed to clear suspicion of the murder weapon?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Do not double post.

As for that point...
If you can figure out how the badge was disguised, the pieces of evidence are easy. So, how was the badge disguised?
Given what we know about the victim, what kind of disguises would work particularly well with her?
Keeping my last hint in mind... Are there any pieces of evidence that seem out of place, like there's no reason for them to exist? Would a disguise have given them a reason?
Fun fact: The prosecutor's badge is modeled after a chrysanthemum.
The badge was disguised as a flower! But hmm, this only gives us the head of the flower. We'll need to get a stem somehow...
Green straw and pencil make a stem to perfect the flower disguise! So that's why the green straw exists!
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

Enthalpy wrote:Do not double post.

As for that point...
If you can figure out how the badge was disguised, the pieces of evidence are easy. So, how was the badge disguised?
Given what we know about the victim, what kind of disguises would work particularly well with her?
Keeping my last hint in mind... Are there any pieces of evidence that seem out of place, like there's no reason for them to exist? Would a disguise have given them a reason?
Fun fact: The prosecutor's badge is modeled after a chrysanthemum.
The badge was disguised as a flower! But hmm, this only gives us the head of the flower. We'll need to get a stem somehow...
Green straw and pencil make a stem to perfect the flower disguise! So that's why the green straw exists!
Thanks for all the help you have given me! Anyway, can someone credit the music in the game, please?
theusjshjdhdne

Post by theusjshjdhdne »

I'm stuck on Victus' first testimony. I need help.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

@ keyz: There's a lot. Are there any specific tracks you want to know about?

@ theus:
Pressed all the statements? If so, you may suspect that you'll need an epic confrontation where you explain the crime, per the press conversations. Do it! But if you've already gotten that far...
So how do we explain the lack of footprints? Air transport, the body was placed only after other people put their footprints down, or the footprints were hidden with additional soil? Well, there is exactly one of those we can't contradict.
It may sound silly, but only air transport can work. We've already ruled out replacing the soil, with the maid, and the testimonies we already have prove the victim was put down before footprints were added. It's time for the next part of the explanation: do we have any evidence supporting this?
Let's think backwards. If the victim really did go through the air, is there any evidence that we can explain now that we couldn't before?
At these point, we have the following open questions:
Why the green straw?
Why the bed?
Why the petal?
Why didn't she wield her sword?
Who attacked her, and how did they do it without getting slashed?
What was the murder weapon?
What caused all those puncture wounds, why the three poisons, and why the bruises?

Does this method of moving the body change any of those?
Spoiler : Hint 6 :
Well, if we think about the victim's likely trajectory, one stands out.
Spoiler : Hint 7 :
Present the Autopsy to the statement about how "infeasible" deducing what happened is. We know exactly what happened - the victim flew through the air and got bruised on impact! Now present this with true epicness!
ParrotMan01

Post by ParrotMan01 »

Enthalpy wrote:@ keyz: There's a lot. Are there any specific tracks you want to know about?
Spoiler : Musack :
I for one would love to know all the tracks in the trial section that didn't originate from an ace attorney game. That shouldn't be too many to list.
Again, just passing through...
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

...rune. did you a pantsu nugerumon the ost? :sideglance2:
Mlvluu
Spoken languages: Español, Ingles

Post by Mlvluu »

Spoiler : Stuck :
"I'll concede your catapult theory. However, it is absurd to
suspect me for it."
"My motive is quite simply
non-existent. Even if Hanako was
the true murderer of EP-1."
"Hanako was my assistant.
Her death only brought
disadvantages for me."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Are you still stuck there? I can come up with hints, if so.
Mlvluu
Spoken languages: Español, Ingles

Post by Mlvluu »

Yes.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, let's do Invisiclues-style!
Spoiler : Clue 1 :
What you need isn't to present a contradiction.
Spoiler : Clue 2 :
Ren has a point. He has to find something on that statement he unlocked. What you need is to show how he still has a motive. So his next job is to figure out how.
Spoiler : Clue 3 :
If you keep presenting your badge, you're going to lose this case. That's not epic.
Spoiler : Clue 4 :
Victus has a solid argument that he was actually the prosecutor. So that can't be it, either. It has to be that he wanted to lose that case, but... couldn't?
Spoiler : Clue 5 :
As the evidence description says, that trial file is great for old motives. But which page, which page? What shows why Victus won that trial, and why he couldn't lose it?
Spoiler : Clue 6 (Final) :
That would be page five. The defense kept presenting their badge!
I'll get in touch with Blackrune about updating some of these links.