The AAO Not Annual Awards 2014-16 [Awards out]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

The AAO Not Annual Awards 2014-16 [Awards out]

Post by Evo »

AAO Not Annual Awards 2014-16
Because 3 years > 1 year
Since I believe that we have more than enough good new games by now, let’s do this again.
I’ve stolen BP’s schedule from 2013:

Nominations: Feb 1 - Feb 18
Voting: Feb 18 - Feb 24
Awards Ceremony: Feb 25

Deadlines may be extended, but probably not shortened since I want to allow you to play games from the list that you might not have played yet and I want to write the awards ceremony in the holidays.

Note that I call everything made in the editor a “game” to distinguish it from a “trial”: a game with AA-style gameplay, i.e. something that is not misc or comedy (see the showcase rules.)

Also, if you weren’t around in 2011: I’m aware that “best most” is not grammatical, but it’s an AAO tradition - back in 2011, a certain AAO user wanted all awards to start with “best”, and it has stuck ever since.

Voting time! Rules:
  • You may vote for up to two things for each award. Exception: Please only vote for one Best Game of All Time.
  • You may not vote for yourself or your own game. Co-authors count as reators for this purpose, testers and asset creators do not.
  • Please send your votes to this account!
Nomination rules:
  • You may nominate up to two things for each award.
  • You do not have to nominate something for every award.
  • Only games on this list may be nominated for game awards other than “Best Game of All Time” - please notify me if a game is missing.
  • You may not nominate yourself or your own game. Co-authors count as creators for this purpose, testers and asset creators do not.
  • You can edit your nominations after making them if you notify me, but please try not to do it too often.
  • If a game nominated for “Best Game of All Time” is not on this list, you must give a link to the showcase thread. Otherwise, a link is appreciated, but not necessary.
  • Please try not to nominate any game twice in the same category (or author, for author awards). Exceptions: an author may be nominated for “Best Author(s)” on their own and as part of a team, and two different features/characters from the same game may be nominated for the same feature/character award.
  • Try not to be biased when nominating. Nominate a game if you believe it deserves an award.
  • Nominated games must be in English. Nominated authors should have published something in the English section at some point.
Happy nominating!

General Game Awards
Awarded to games that stand out as a whole.

Best Trial Award
The best trial released between 2014 and 2016. Only complete trials (i.e. non-misc, non-comedy games) may be nominated here.
Nominees: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, The Dragon's Turnabout, Turnabouts of the Father, The Assistant's Turnabout, The Broken Turnabout

Best Comedy Award
The best comedy released between 2014 and 2016. Only comedies may be nominated here.
Nominees: The goffik trials series, Everything's Alright, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal, Turnabout Impossibru

Best Miscellaneous Game Award
The best miscellaneous game released between 2014 and 2016. Only complete miscellaneous games may be nominated here.
Nominees: Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, A Burned Man Walks Down The Desolate Corridor, The Deceived Man, The Guardian and the Dreamer, Turnabout Remembrances, Endless Nine

Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award
The best incomplete game released between 2014 and 2016. Only incomplete games may be nominated here.
Nominees: A Turnabout Called Justice, R E M, Ghost Trick: A Later Date, HTB!, Reservation for Turnabout, Mystery in Mitakihara

Best Game of All Time
The best thing ever made in the editor. To make it the ultimate award, anything can be nominated here, provided it’s (still) playable and has a showcase thread.
Nominees: Turnabout Pairs, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, Turnabout Tomorrow, Turnabout Revivals, The Dragon's Turnabout, Curiosity of a Turnabout, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal, The Broken Turnabout

Game Quality Awards
Awarded to games that stand out in a certain quality.

Best Atmosphere Award
The game released between 2014 and 2016 that has the best atmosphere.
Nominees: R E M, The Empty Turnabout, The Guardian and the Dreamer, Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabouts of the Father, To the Dreamer's Isle, The Deceived Man, Turnabout Revivals

Best Canon Feeling Award
The game released between 2014 and 2016 that has the best canon AA feeling.
Nominees: A Turnabout Called Justice, The Dragon's Turnabout, The Broken Turnabout, Reservation for Turnabout, Turnabout Recovery

Best Graphics Award
The game released between 2014 and 2016 that has the best graphics (i.e. excellent use of custom sprites, custom backgrounds, custom cutscenes and/or editor graphics.)
Nominees: R E M, Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, A Burned Man Walks Down The Desolate Corridor, The Dragon's Turnabout, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal, A Turnabout Called Justice, Everything's Alright

Best Plot Award
The game released between 2014 and 2016 that has the best plot/story.
Nominees: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals, The Dragon's Turnabout, Curiosity of a Turnabout, The Broken Turnabout

Best Sound Award
The game released between 2014 and 2016 that has the best sound (i.e. excellent use of custom music, custom sound effects and/or editor sounds.)
Nominees: R E M, Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, Inboubarashi-hen, The Empty Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals, Curiosity of a Turnabout

Best Writing Award
The game released between 2014 and 2016 with the best-written dialogue and/or narration.
Nominees: The Guardian and the Dreamer, A Turnabout Called Justice, The Dragon's Turnabout, R E M, Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, The Broken Turnabout

Game Feature Awards
Awarded to specific features of a certain game that stand out. The nominated feature should be specified unless obvious (e.g. Best Crime Award for a game with only one crime.)

Best Crime Award
The most interesting/original crime in a game released between 2014 and 2016. Only complete games may be nominated for this award.
Nominees: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals, The Deceived Man, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout (Both), The Assistant's Turnabout, The Best Most Epic Turnabout
Spoiler : Assistant's :
contempt of court on a grand scale
Best Investigation Award
The most interesting/engaging/well-designed investigation in a game released between 2014 and 2016.
Nominees: A Burned Man Walks Down The Desolate Corridor, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal, Curiosity of a Turnabout, Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, Turnabout Revivals

Best Most Emotional Scene Award
The scene in a game released between 2014 and 2016 that has most emotionally affected you when you played it.
Nominees: Turnabouts of the Father, Inboubarashi-hen, Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, Turnabout Truth, Everything's Alright, To the Dreamer's Isle, A Turnabout Called Justice, The Guardian and the Dreamer
Spoiler : TotF :
Apollo consoles(/lies to) Ares.
Spoiler : Inbou :
Realizing how screwed you are during/just after the final CE -- more "dread" than anything else.
Spoiler : CoS :
Riley's breakdown when she figures out the identity of the killer.
Spoiler : Truth :
Final puzzle where you figure out if you don't have any other way to caught the culprit but to blackmail him with fake evidence. I had some issues with the case, but this scene made me truly invested.
Spoiler : Dreamer's :
The heartwarming ending. I remember crying a bit the first time I saw it.
Spoiler : ATCJ :
Realizing who the victim is and what this means for Trucy.
Best Most Funny Scene Award
The funniest scene in a game released between 2014 and 2016.
Nominees: The Best Most Epic Turnabout, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal (3 scenes), Curiosity of a Turnabout, HTB!, Holding the Turnabout, Everything's Alright
Spoiler : Epic :
The final badge present.
Spoiler : PoB :
1. "He shank yo ma!"
2. My client couldn't have smashed the urn, she was too busy murdering the clearly alive person at the witness stand!
3. The extended "I'LL SAVE YOU" thing near the end of the Prologue.
Spoiler : CoaT :
It's not even a scene, but the line about "The bad guy using mediocre chess meatphors means she's REALLY gotten serious!" killed me I swear.
Spoiler : HTB! :
The explanation of how Phoenix Wright can be Batman in the canon. The entirety of it.
Spoiler : Holding :
The way you beat the cross-examination.
Spoiler : Alright :
The Phantastic Bobby Fulbright.
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award
The most interesting and enjoyable innovative gameplay feature in a game released between 2014 and 2016.
Nominees: Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, Ghost Trick: A Later Date, Curiosity of a Turnabout, Mystery in Mitakihara, R E M, Reservation for Turnabout, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal

Best Most Interesting Setup Award
The aspect of the premise or mystery of a game released between 2014 and 2016 that has/had you most excited for the conclusion.
Nominees: The Deceived Man, The Dragon's Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals, Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabouts of the Father, The Broken Turnabout

Best Plot Twist Award
The best plot twist (i.e. shocking, unexpected revelation) in a game released between 2014 and 2016. The specific twist should be given in spoiler tags.
Nominees: Turnabout Revivals, Turnabouts of the Father, The Deceived Man, The Dragon's Turnabout, Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, The Assistant's Turnabout, Everything's Alright, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, HTB!
Spoiler : Revivals :
Phoenix's true involvement in 4-1.
There was no Leviathan.
Best Showdown Award
The best showdown with a culprit/antagonist in a game released between 2014 and 2016. The specific culprit/antagonist should be named in spoiler tags.
Nominees: Turnabouts of the Father, Curiosity of a Turnabout, Dragon's Turnabout, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout (both), Turnabout Revivals
The "Family," I suppose? Definitely counts.
Fake Talia Porter and her crazy Revolution madness.
Spoiler : Dragon's :
Trucy Wright

Game Character Awards
Awarded to specific characters of a certain game that stand out. The nominated character should be named unless obvious (e.g. Best Protagonist Award for a game with only one protagonist.)

Best Original Character Award
The best original character in a game released between 2014 and 2016.
Nominees: Ares Justice (Turnabouts of the Father), Inspector Stuffy (The Laggy Turnabout), Rei Ference (Curiosity of a Turnabout), Rinko Kasumi (Inboubarashi-hen), Talia Porter (Curiosity of a Turnabout), Philo Vainheim (The Deceived Man)

Best Protagonist Award
The best protagonist in a game released between 2014 and 2016.
Nominees: Riley Kline (Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects), Helene Allard (Two Sides of the Same Turnabout), Ren (The Best Most Epic Turnabout), Morgan (R E M), Gerik Leons (Reservation for Turnabout)

Best-Written Canon Character Award
The best-written canon AA character in a game released between 2014 and 2016.
Nominees: Phoenix Wright (Turnabout Revivals), Spoiler Character (The Assistant's Turnabout), Trucy Wright (The Dragon's Turnabout), Franziska von Karma (Turnabouts of the Father), Franziska von Karma (The Broken Turnabout)
Spoiler : Assistant's :
Maya Fey

Author Awards
Awarded to members of AAO who stand out in their game-making ability.

Best Author(s) Award
The best author(s) on AAO. Any author making English-language games in the editor may be nominated, as well as teams who have previously collaborated.
Nominees: DWaM, Blackrune, Bad Player, Ferdielance, Evo, Enthalpy, Acid Rain, enigma

Best Most Improved Author Award
The author who has made the most improvement in their skills between 2014 and 2016 and deserves an award for their effort. Only authors who have released something between 2014 and 2016 may be nominated here.
Nominees: enigma, Evo, Gizmological, TheDoctor

Best Newcomer Award
The best author to join us between 2014 and 2016. Only authors who have released their first game between 2014 and 2016 may be nominated here.
Nominees: Calvinball, Gizmological, Reecer6, Acid Rain, Gamer2002, MercurialSK, AP-Master

Template

Code: Select all

[color=grey]Best Trial Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Comedy Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Miscellaneous Game Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Game of All Time Award:[/color] 

[color=grey]Best Atmosphere Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Canon Feeling Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Graphics Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Plot Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Sound Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Writing Award:[/color] 

[color=grey]Best Crime Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Investigation Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Most Emotional Scene Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Most Funny Scene Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Most Interesting Setup Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Plot Twist Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Showdown Award:[/color] 

[color=grey]Best Original Character Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Protagonist Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best-Written Canon Character Award:[/color] 

[color=grey]Best Author(s) Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Most Improved Author Award:[/color] 
[color=grey]Best Newcomer Award:[/color] 
Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Re: The AAO Not Annual Awards 2014-16 [Nominations]

Post by Blizdi »

I am so excited!

The best kind of awards are not annual!

Bring on the tears and cries of joy!
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Best Trial Award:
Best Comedy Award:
Best Miscellaneous Game Award:
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award:
Best Game of All Time Award:

Best Atmosphere Award: R E M by Acid Rain
Best Canon Feeling Award:
Best Graphics Award:
Best Plot Award:
Best Sound Award:
Best Writing Award:

Best Crime Award:
Best Investigation Award:
Best Most Emotional Scene Award:
Best Most Funny Scene Award: Phantasmagoria of Betrayal
Spoiler : :
My client couldn't have smashed the urn, she was too busy murdering the clearly alive person at the witness stand!
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award:
Best Most Interesting Setup Award:
Best Plot Twist Award:
Best Showdown Award:

Best Original Character Award:
Best Protagonist Award:
Best-Written Canon Character Award:

Best Author(s) Award:
Best Most Improved Author Award:
Best Newcomer Award: Calvinball (for The Broken Turnabout)

Will submit more if I think of any.
Last edited by TheDoctor on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Best Trial Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals
Best Comedy Award: The goffik trials series
Best Miscellaneous Game Award: Circle of Suspects, Everything's Alright
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award: A Turnabout Called Justice, REM
Best Game of All Time Award: Turnabout Revivals, Turnabout Tomorrow

Best Atmosphere Award: The Empty Turnabout, The Guardian and the Dreamer
Best Canon Feeling Award: A Turnabout Called Justice, The Dragon's Turnabout
Best Graphics Award: Everything's Alright, Circle of Suspects
Best Plot Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals
Best Sound Award: REM, Circle of Suspects
Best Writing Award: The Guardian and the Dreamer, A Turnabout Called Justice

Best Crime Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals
Best Investigation Award: Burned Man, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal
Best Most Emotional Scene Award: Turnabouts of the Father, Inboubarashi-hen
Apollo consoles(/lies to) Ares.
Spoiler : Inbou :
Realizing how screwed you are during/just after the final CE -- more "dread" than anything else. Who said the emotion had to be sadness?
Best Most Funny Scene Award: The Episch Turnabout, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal
Spoiler : Epic :
The final badge present, Attack on Titan OP and all.
"He shank yo ma!"
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Circle of Suspects, Ghost Trick: A Later Date
Best Most Interesting Setup Award: The Deceived Man, The Dragon's Turnabout
Best Plot Twist Award: Turnabout Revivals, Turnabouts of the Father
Spoiler : Revivals :
Phoenix's true involvement in 4-1.
There was no Leviathan.
Best Showdown Award: Turnabouts of the Father, Curiosity of a Turnabout
The "Family," I suppose? Definitely counts.
Fake Talia Porter and her crazy Revolution madness.
Best Original Character Award: Ares Justice (Turnabouts of the Father), Stuffy (The Laggy Turnabout)
Best Protagonist Award: Riley Kline (Circle of Suspects), Helene Allard (TSotST)
Best-Written Canon Character Award: Phoenix Wright (Turnabout Revivals) &
Spoiler : The Assistant's Turnabout :
Maya Fey
Best Author(s) Award: Bad Player, Ferdielance
Best Most Improved Author Award: engima
Best Newcomer Award: Gizmological, Reecer6

To be updated soon™
Last edited by Reverie on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 am, edited 25 times in total.
NihilismFormula

Post by NihilismFormula »

mid-binge takes, will likely be heavily revised so watch this space.

Best Trial Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Turnabouts of the Father
Best Comedy Award: Everything Is Fine
Best Miscellaneous Game Award: Burned Man , The Guardian and the Dreamer
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award: REM
Best Game of All Time Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout, The Dragon's Turnabout

Best Atmosphere Award: Turnabout of the Father
Best Canon Feeling Award: Broken Turnabout
Best Graphics Award: Circle of Suspects, REM
Best Plot Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Sound Award: Inboubarashi-hen, The Empty Turnabout
Best Writing Award: REM, Circle of Suspects

Best Crime Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout (past)
Best Investigation Award: Circle of Suspects, Burned Man
Best Most Emotional Scene Award: Circle of Suspects
Spoiler : CoS :
Riley's breakdown when she figures out the identity of the killer.
Best Most Funny Scene Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout, Best Most Epic Turnabout
It's not even a scene, but the line about "The bad guy using mediocre chess meatphors means she's REALLY gotten serious!" killed me I swear.
Spoiler : Best Most Epic :
That badge present.
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Circle of Suspects
Best Most Interesting Setup Award: Turnabout Revivals, Turnabouts of the Father
Best Plot Twist Award: The Deceived Man, Circle of Suspects
Best Showdown Award: Dragon's Turnabout
Spoiler : Dragon's :
Trucy Wright
Best Original Character Award: Inboubarashi-hen (Kasumi), Curiosity of a Turnabout (Talia Porter)
Best Protagonist Award: Circle of Suspicion (Riley Kline), The Best Most Epic Turnabout (Ren)
Best-Written Canon Character Award: Dragon's Turnabout (Trucy Wright), Franziska von Karma (Turnabouts of the Father)

Best Author(s) Award: Blackrune, DWaM
Best Most Improved Author Award: Evolina, enigma
Best Newcomer Award: Acid Rain
Last edited by NihilismFormula on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:34 am, edited 16 times in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Best Trial Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, The Dragon's Turnabout
Best Comedy Award:
Best Miscellaneous Game Award: The Deceived Man, The Guardian and the Dreamer
Best Game of All Time Award: Turnabout Pairs, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout

Best Atmosphere Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Graphics Award: A Burned Man Walks Down The Desolate Corridor, The Dragon's Turnabout
Best Plot Award: The Dragon's Turnabout
Best Sound Award:
Best Writing Award:

Best Crime Award: The Deceived Man, Two Sides of the Same Turnabout (Present)
Best Investigation Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Most Funny Scene Award:
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Most Interesting Setup Award: Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Plot Twist Award: The Dragon's Turnabout
Best Showdown Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout (Past), The Dragon's Turnabout
Trucy
Best Original Character Award: Rei in Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Protagonist Award:
Best-Written Canon Character Award: Trucy Wright in The Dragon's Turnabout

Best Author(s) Award: DWaM, Blackruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune
Best Newcomer Award: Acid Rain
Last edited by kwando1313 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
cesar26100
Spoken languages: English-Ingles,Español-Spanish

Post by cesar26100 »

Best Trial Award:
Best Comedy Award:
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award:Ghost Trick: A Later Date, HTB!

Best Atmosphere Award:
Best Graphics Award:
Best Plot Award:
Best Sound Award:
Best Writing Award:The Dragon's Turnabout

Best Crime Award:
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award:Mystery in Mitakihara, R E M

Best Plot Twist Award:
Best Showdown Award:

Best Protagonist Award:

Best Author(s) Award:
Best Newcomer Award:Gamer2002

Maybe I will add more to this later...
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Best Newcomer Award:Gamer2002
But alright, it's about first case's release year. Thank you.

EDIT: Since I posted here already, I can give my nominations

Best Trial Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, The Assistant's Turnabout
Best Comedy Award: Why HTB isn't in this category?
Best Miscellaneous Game Award: A Burned Man Walks Down The Desolate Corridor
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award: R E M Why Confessed Turnabout isn't in this category? This one is a serious complaint.

Best Atmosphere Award: R E M
Best Graphics Award:
Best Plot Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout
Best Sound Award:
Best Writing Award:

Best Crime Award:
Best Most Emotional Scene Award: Turnabout Truth
Final puzzle where you figure out if you don't have any other way to caught the culprit but to blackmail him with fake evidence. I had some issues with the case, but this scene made me truly invested.
Best Most Funny Scene Award: HTB!
The explanation of how Phoenix Wright can be Batman in the canon. The entirety of it.
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Riley Kline: Circle of Suspects, Ghost Trick: A Later Date
Best Plot Twist Award: The Assistant's Turnabout, Turnabout Revivals
Best Showdown Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, Turnabouts of the Father

Best Protagonist Award:
Best-Written Canon Character Award: Phoenix Wright in Turnabout Revivals

Best Author(s) Award: DWaM
Best Most Improved Author Award: enigma
Best Newcomer Award: Acid Rain, Calvinball

EDIT2: Adding Most Emotional nomination and specifying the funny HTB! scene.
Evo

Post by Evo »

The nomination period has been extended by a week.
And sorry, Gamer - I'll add it to the list later.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

I'm actually popping in just to do this:

Best Trial Award:
Best Comedy Award:

Best Atmosphere Award:
Best Graphics Award:
Best Plot Award:
Best Sound Award:
Best Writing Award:

Best Crime Award:
Best Most Emotional Scene Award: Everything's Alright
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award:
Best Plot Twist Award: Everything's Alright
Best Showdown Award:

Best Protagonist Award:

Best Author(s) Award:
Best Newcomer Award:
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Phantasmagoria of Betrayal isn't an option under "comedies" on the Google Doc????

AHEM, I mean, of course PoB isn't an option under comedies! Why would it be? It is a very serious game.

My nominations: ("Already nommed" means somebody beat me to it.)

Best Trial Award: Already nommed
Best Comedy Award: Already nommed because The Best Most Epic Turnabout is not allowed here.
Best Miscellaneous Game Award: Turnabout Remembrances, though I'm not sure why it's Misc.
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award: Already nommed
Best Game of All Time Award: Trinity, by Infocom.

Best Atmosphere Award: To the Dreamer's Isle. Bet you didn't see that nomination coming.
Best Canon Feeling Award: Already nommed.
Best Graphics Award: Already nommed.
Best Plot Award: Already nommed
Best Sound Award: Abstain.
Best Writing Award: Already nommed

Best Crime Award: The Assistant's Turnabout
Spoiler : The crime :
contempt of court on a grand scale
Best Investigation Award: Already nommed
Best Most Emotional Scene Award: Already nommed
Best Most Funny Scene Award: Already nommed
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Already nommed
Best Most Interesting Setup Award: Already nommed
Best Plot Twist Award: Already nommed
Best Showdown Award: Present-day killer, TSotST.

Best Original Character Award: ...Inspector Stuffy is a Moomin, but also sort of original. So I'm putting it all on INSPECTOR STUFFY from The Laggy Turnabout.
Best Protagonist Award: Morgan, REM
Best-Written Canon Character Award: Abstain.

Best Author(s) Award: Evo to break the sweep.
Best Most Improved Author Award: Holding off for now.
Best Newcomer Award: ...apparently MercurialSK counts as a newcomer for this? MercurialSK.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Just popping in to nominate a second scene from PoB for Best Most Funniest Scene (if that's allowed:)
The extended "I'LL SAVE YOU" thing near the end of the Prologue.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Updated my post.
Image Image Image
Evo

Post by Evo »

Best Trial Award: The Broken Turnabout
Best Comedy Award: Phantasmagoria of Betrayal, Turnabout Impossibru
Best Miscellaneous Game Award: Endless Nine
Best Most Promising Incomplete Game Award: Reservation for Turnabout, Mystery in Mitakihara
Best Game of All Time Award: Phantasmagoria of Betrayal

Best Atmosphere Award: The Deceived Man, Turnabout Revivals
Best Canon Feeling Award: Reservation for Turnabout, Turnabout Recovery
Best Graphics Award: Phantasmagoria of Betrayal, A Turnabout Called Justice
Best Plot Award: The Broken Turnabout
Best Sound Award: Turnabout Revivals, Curiosity of a Turnabout
Best Writing Award: The Broken Turnabout

Best Crime Award: The Best Most Epic Turnabout
Best Investigation Award: Turnabout Revivals
Best Most Emotional Scene Award: To the Dreamer's Isle, A Turnabout Called Justice
Spoiler : Dreamer's :
The heartwarming ending. I remember crying a bit the first time I saw it.
Spoiler : ATCJ :
Realizing who the victim is and what this means for Trucy.
Best Most Funny Scene Award: Holding the Turnabout, Everything's Alright
Spoiler : Holding :
The way you beat the cross-examination.
Spoiler : Alright :
The Phantastic Bobby Fulbright.
Best Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Reservation for Turnabout, Phantasmagoria of Betrayal
Best Most Interesting Setup Award: The Broken Turnabout
Best Plot Twist Award: Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, HTB!
Best Showdown Award: Turnabout Revivals

Best Original Character Award: Philo Vainheim (The Deceived Man)
Best Protagonist Award: Gerik Leons (Reservation for Turnabout)
Best-Written Canon Character Award: Franziska von Karma (The Broken Turnabout)

Best Author(s) Award: Enthalpy, Acid Rain
Best Most Improved Author Award: Gizmological, TheDoctor
Best Newcomer Award: AP-Master
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Just here to do this quickly.

Best Author(s) Award: enigma
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.