Simple Case Creator [FUTURE PROJECT]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Fluffz
Spoken languages: The secret Fluffy codes (Really English)

Simple Case Creator [FUTURE PROJECT]

Post by Fluffz »

So, I came up with making a case creator on AAO. It will be limited, but fun, quick, and simple. :larry:
When you log on, it will bring up a menu.
The options:
Make Trial [7%]
Make Investigation [0%]
Alpha Features:
The trial will have an in-built keyboard and editor.
It will have a sprite selection frame.
It will have a background selection frame.
Evidence selection frame.
Beta Features:
Write down the evidence info. (boy, how long will that take? :yogi: )
Music selection frame.
What it will do:
You press certain words, and they will all match together.
It will hide the already used selection frames.
More, but I'm too :yogi: to write em down right now, maybe laterr.
TO SAVE:
To save, create a save file.
Info:
Every trial or investigation can only hold 1500 frames, to get past this, make extra parts.
The only music available will be PW:AA to AAI:ME2.
There will be custom sprites available.
Sprites will be PW:AA to AII:ME2.
Cross-examinations are made by picking random sentences.
This will take a LOONG time to release.
It will be a customisable trial on AAO. What do ya think of the idea? :sawhit:
My signature was killed by Photobucket.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Simple Case Creator [FUTURE PROJECT]

Post by Enthalpy »

But AAO already is a casemaker. Why would you make a casemaker inside a casemaker?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

Post by Gizmological »

How did I know that was coming
Fluffz

Post by Fluffz »

Enthalpy wrote:But AAO already is a casemaker. Why would you make a casemaker inside a casemaker?
Just for learning purposes. And I wanted to do something that hasn't been done before.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Fluffz wrote:
Enthalpy wrote:But AAO already is a casemaker. Why would you make a casemaker inside a casemaker?
Just for learning purposes. And I wanted to do something that hasn't been done before.
Originality is not automatically a good thing.

:bluetruth: :redtruth: :D :april: :objection: :trilo:

That combination of smilies has never been used before. It's original! But it's of no use to me or anybody else. Trying to make an editor in the editor is certainly originally, but it's equally useless. Try making a trial people will enjoy instead.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Fluffz

Post by Fluffz »

Enthalpy wrote:
Fluffz wrote:
Originality is not automatically a good thing.

:bluetruth: :redtruth: :D :april: :objection: :trilo:

That combination of smilies has never been used before. It's original! But it's of no use to me or anybody else. Trying to make an editor in the editor is certainly originally, but it's equally useless. Try making a trial people will enjoy instead.
Yes, I know. I'm also making it to show off my scripting skills to friends and family.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

In that case, I'm still going to recommend you abandon this project because it's going to be almost impossible to make this, and absolutely impossible to make this "fun, quick, and simple."

You can barely even allow creation of a frame. The absolute most that you could do is to have a very clunky interface to allow string manipulation, store the frame data as a string, have the player save the data, write a code to extract the string from the save data, then use the save.php file to actually upload your string into a trial... It's way too clunky to be impressive, let alone "fun, quick, and simple," even ignoring what an overcomplicated pain that would be to write. And this is one of the simplest functions you have on your list.

I can't say I know what you mean by "scripting skills," but I highly recommend that you pick something else.
Fluffz

Post by Fluffz »

Enthalpy wrote:In that case, I'm still going to recommend you abandon this project because it's going to be almost impossible to make this, and absolutely impossible to make this "fun, quick, and simple."

You can barely even allow creation of a frame. The absolute most that you could do is to have a very clunky interface to allow string manipulation, store the frame data as a string, have the player save the data, write a code to extract the string from the save data, then use the save.php file to actually upload your string into a trial... It's way too clunky to be impressive, let alone "fun, quick, and simple," even ignoring what an overcomplicated pain that would be to write. And this is one of the simplest functions you have on your list.

I can't say I know what you mean by "scripting skills," but I highly recommend that you pick something else.
You have a point there.
Can you lock this thread please?