Ace Attorney x Danganronpa

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

ThatDanganronpaFan
Spoken languages: English

Post by ThatDanganronpaFan »

Spoiler : Main Characters :
Image Hajime Hinata, SHSL Defense Attorney/SHSL Attorney
Image Makoto Naegi, SHSL Hope
Image Phoenix Wright/Peter "Nick" Stewarts, Defense Attorney
Image Miles Edgeworth, Prosecutor
Spoiler : Cases :
Spoiler : DEMO Walkthrough :
Talk
- Talk with Everyone (Press "I'm Finished Investigating" once you've completed both "Talk" and "Examine" parts)
Examine
- Click on the Victim's Jacket
- Click on the Knife
Debate
- Present the Monokuma File on the 4th Statement
Last edited by Enthalpy on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fix old domain links
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Ace Attorney x Danganronpa

Post by Enthalpy »

I've played through the demo, and I have some thoughts on the case logic. Before I give them, I need to ask:

Is the pacing, both of the parts before the trial and the trial itself, the pacing you expect to have in the main game?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ThatDanganronpaFan

Enthalpy wrote:I've played through the demo, and I have some thoughts on the case logic. Before I give them, I need to ask:

Is the pacing, both of the parts before the trial and the trial itself, the pacing you expect to have in the main game?
Spoiler : :
Well, technically, yes, but at the same time, no.

The part where Maya is crying that she won't see Phoenix again, and Phoenix faking his identity with the name "Peter Stewarts" is true

The part where Yasuhiro Hagakure is murdered is false (If you're not familiar with the Danganronpa series, in every game's murder, Yasuhiro was ALWAYS the victim. Such terrible luck for that guy.)

But, the part where Mia is a murderer, is also true.

It's too early to know for sure right now, but, those 3 will stay as they are.
Last edited by ThatDanganronpaFan on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Do you want to put that in spoiler tags?

I'm not asking about the plot, but about the pacing. Is the pacing, both the parts before the trial and the trial itself, the pacing you expect to have in the main game?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ThatDanganronpaFan

Enthalpy wrote:Do you want to put that in spoiler tags?

I'm not asking about the plot, but about the pacing. Is the pacing, both the parts before the trial and the trial itself, the pacing you expect to have in the main game?
Oh, my mistake then.
Spoiler : About the Main Game :
Well, to start off, 16 people (8 from the DR Series and 8 from the AA Series) get kidnapped by a mysterious group (which will probably be revealed in Chapter 5 [probably]) and get forced to participate in a killing game with the host being Monokuma. There will be 5 murders, in which 1 of them will be a double murder (basically 2 people being killed), and the 6th and last Chapter will be the reveal of the Traitor (A.K.A. The leader of the Kidnapper Group which disguised as one of the participants and acted as a memory lost person). The whole killing game is being watched by the whole Japan (or, at least, that's what Monokuma says, 'cause its actually watched Worldwide), just for their entertainment.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Let be more specific. I am not asking about the number of chapters you have, but how many frames it takes to go from one event to the next, and how many frames a scene lasts.
Spoiler : Examples :
It takes less than 100 frames to go from right before the first testimony to having already named our killer and having somebody else trying to take the blame in their place.

You introduce two characters (Aoi and Sonia) in less than 8 frames. You go very fast through Phoenix using a fake name.
That is the kind of pacing I'm talking about. Do you plan to keep that kind of pacing in your main game, or did you want to make the demo go faster than the actual game?
ThatDanganronpaFan

Enthalpy wrote:Let be more specific. I am not asking about the number of chapters you have, but how many frames it takes to go from one event to the next, and how many frames a scene lasts.
Spoiler : Examples :
It takes less than 100 frames to go from right before the first testimony to having already named our killer and having somebody else trying to take the blame in their place.

You introduce two characters (Aoi and Sonia) in less than 8 frames. You go very fast through Phoenix using a fake name.
That is the kind of pacing I'm talking about. Do you plan to keep that kind of pacing in your main game, or did you want to make the demo go faster than the actual game?
Spoiler : :
Yep, I wanted the DEMO to go faster than the Actual Game. In the actual game, every character's introduction might be from 15 to 30 frames (or more. Who know?)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm glad I asked, then. Right now, the demo is fast-paced enough that I think it's hurting your case. The demo does not just demonstrate what the case is about, but your skills as an author. Because you are trying to compress your case logic and your writing, your case logic does not make sense and it looks like you can't write an interesting character. Both of those are bad things to convey to an audience!

I highly recommend that for a demo, rather than trying to cover many scenes in low detail, cover fewer scenes in greater detail. That, I think, would get more people interested in the game.
ThatDanganronpaFan

Enthalpy wrote:I'm glad I asked, then. Right now, the demo is fast-paced enough that I think it's hurting your case. The demo does not just demonstrate what the case is about, but your skills as an author. Because you are trying to compress your case logic and your writing, your case logic does not make sense and it looks like you can't write an interesting character. Both of those are bad things to convey to an audience!

I highly recommend that for a demo, rather than trying to cover many scenes in low detail, cover fewer scenes in greater detail. That, I think, would get more people interested in the game.
Thanks for the advise. I guess it'll help in the future.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I've removed public access to both of these cases. I PMd you about your hotlinking problems previously. As a reminder: Hotlinking is when you directly link to the images of a site. Image-sharing sites like Photobucket or Imgur allow and expect you to do this. Other sites, such as the Ace Attorney Wiki, do not. When you hotlink from the Wiki, you consume their bandwidth. This has caused problems for them in the past, so hotlinking is not allowed. Please upload all your images onto an image-hosting site and use that for your links.

Once you've resolved this issue, let me know.
ThatDanganronpaFan

So what you're saying, is that tumblr. is not an image-hosting site, and I have to use something else? It's because if I use another site, my photos might get deleted. I don't try to prevent myself from doing what you said, it's just that my photos my get deleted in the future, and people won't be able to see them.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Your own tumblr account is fine (unless tumblr has some policy on this that I'm not aware of). Court Records and Wikia certainly are not. If don't recognize the host you use for your audio files, but if they don't allow hotlinking, it's not acceptable.
ThatDanganronpaFan

Ohhhhhh. You're talking about my courtroom locations I posted on my sprite thread on court records forums? I posted them on tumblr. as well. So, to make this clear, you want me to post them somewhere else, like imgur., for instance? I can do that.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Any Court Records links and any Wikia links needs to be posted somewhere like imgur.

I'm not sure about your music links, since I don't recognize your host. What is it?
ThatDanganronpaFan

Actually, the music is from Danganronpa is from here -> https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-so ... soundtrack (I don't have a host of my own. Is that a problem?)