[CE][T] Trial by Fire: Turnabout Déjà Vu ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: [CE][T] Trial by Fire: Turnabout Déjà Vu ●

Post by TheDoctor »

Enthalpy wrote:I played through the case.
Spoiler : :
I can't say I liked this case. The biggest problem showed up before the game even started.
Script wrote:Dlanor: What are you doing HERE?
Dlanor: This is the wrong COMPETITION. You're supposed to be in... Hmm?
Dlanor: My mouth actually moves in this GAMEBOARD... This is NEW.
Dlanor: Anyway, you are needed in Turnabout of the Golden WITCH. Why are you HERE?
Dlanor: You aren't even featured as a character on this GAMEBOARD...
Narrator: I know, but Shattered Glass used to be introduced with red text...
Narrator: It caused some confusion, so my narrator voice was needed. I'll get back with you as soon as I can.
Dlanor: Very well, see that you DO.
Narrator: Actually, now that I think of it, I could use your help with something...
Narrator: If I could have a word with you as soon as I'm done here?
Dlanor: Hmm... I suppose the other gameboard isn't going anywhere without US...
Dlanor: Just make it quick, PLEASE.
Narrator: Incidentally, if you didn't see her mouth moving, that's one of the reasons you need Firefox.
I thought I was playing Shattered Glass, but then you give us an Umineko character talking with the narrator (who is an actual character now) about another game, with apparent awareness that they are both game characters. It's quite jarring.

Then we get into the actual gameplay, the alternate universe part is a repeat of 2-1. The interesting part, with added flashbacks and the "reliving past," is decidedly more supernatural, and it becomes explicitly so at the end. All this leaves me confused as to what kind of game this is and what it has to do with your Shattered Glass and Golden Witch series.
Thank you for playing. You make some good points, and I will say, regarding the ending...
Spoiler : Spoilers for the ending, minor spoilers for future cases :
Igor and Dlanor serve more as a framing device than anything else. At this point in time, I don't plan for the roles they play in Trial by Fire to really go beyond that. As for the connection to the Golden Witch series, I can't really divulge more at this time.
And just some comments on the state of this case in general...
I'm well aware that as it stands, the game is lacking. Due to being a sequel to an unfinished series, there's background information you're missing out on, and due to being a teaser for a larger story up ahead, there's not much to say currently until you know what the payoff is going to be. Unfortunately, no amount of rewrites to this case will change that, so until I finish writing the other cases, this case isn't going to amount to much in the broad scheme of things, which, for example, is why I'm holding off on requesting a QA until said cases are finished.
Image Image Image
Hey

Post by Hey »

Another amazing case from the Doctor! I still haven't finished it yet, but I can tell it's going to be amazing. However, I've noticed that
After the yellow glow gets added to the court record, it will be written for it Type: Unknown $ub^^1773d"..| and other symbols.
I'm not sure if it's a mistake or not, but I don't really think it's something intended to happened.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

If you stretch your eyes hard enough, that $ almost looks like the letter S, and ^^ almost like an m, and 1 almost like an i. If you keep stretching your eyes, you get that $ub^^1773d=Submitted. So no, I'm fairly sure this was intentional!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
cesar26100
Spoken languages: English-Ingles,Español-Spanish

Post by cesar26100 »

Just finished this case. That certainly was...interesting.
Spoiler : Thoughts :
The whole parodying 2-1 thing was great, and the amnesia thing seems to be actually relevant this time...and possibly something that spans the whole game it seems. I will agree that the epic music was unfitting for the trial itself, although it made sense in scenes related to the larger plot. But I just can't help but wonder how this is related to Shattered Glass...it's probably weirder because of the lack of context but it seems like this series goes from an AU where characters have different roles and backstories to having all this alchemy and possible Esper power stuff.

But overall I liked the case, and it definitely made me more curious about this universe as a whole than Turnabout Reversal did.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
nintendogamemaster
Spoken languages: Español

Post by nintendogamemaster »

Just played this. I greatly enjoyed it, maybe even more than the first one^^

From the looks of the logo I can easily tell than Kristoph is gonna be the rival prosecutor in this sequel, right? (If there is a third I wonder whos gonna be the rival, best guess is "Melissa Foster")

Also, sorry if it sounds like im bugging or something, but im curious as to when will the case 1-2 of Shattered glass universe be relased. I r eally cant wait to explore more this world.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Glad you enjoyed it. In response to your question, it's hard to say. When I first started this series, I was working part time, but now I have a full time job, and thus less time to devote to this series. I still plan on finishing this eventually, but I can't begin to tell you how long it will take for me to get another installment made.
Image Image Image
nintendogamemaster
Spoken languages: Español

Post by nintendogamemaster »

TheDoctor wrote:Glad you enjoyed it. In response to your question, it's hard to say. When I first started this series, I was working part time, but now I have a full time job, and thus less time to devote to this series. I still plan on finishing this eventually, but I can't begin to tell you how long it will take for me to get another installment made.
Have you though on creating a Discord channel, or making a team? Pheraps that way you could get help with these cases^^