[T] [PyWright] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●●● | ●●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Ana_
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●○○ ●

Post by Ana_ »

Haven't given this thread much attention lately: the first investigation of case 5 is now complete.

Also, I have updated the previous cases so that now the DGS1 music can be disabled - if you don't want any music spoilers from that game at all, you now have the option to turn it off.
Image Image Image Image
Ana_

Re: [T] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●○○ ●●

Post by Ana_ »

After months of on-and-off planning and a like a weekend of actual work I am pleased and honored combined to announce the release of the second bonus "DLC" case, Argus Hakan: Asinine Attorney! It's also been released on PyWright and as usual has generally better presentation but this time the AAO version has it's own appeal outside of convenience, in that the game doesn't have the occasional momentary lag caused by one of the witnesses.

Go play it here. It's set six months after the main game, is spoiler-free and is non-canon anyway so feel free to play this whenever.
Image Image Image Image
Vagrant
Spoken languages: English, Italian, some French.

Re: [T] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●○○ ●●

Post by Vagrant »

you're online.

case 5 on aao coming soon? Kappa
coming soon

turnabout in the mist
Ana_

Re: [T] [DGS2♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●○○○○ ●●●

Post by Ana_ »

Okay so when I started this game in 2017, it was an large-scale joke. The first case was a 20-minute-long sillypost that featured a man who uses a rope contraption to nail himself into a crate an idiotic protagonist who sees through all of his tricks. Everything after that got gradually more serious, and I'd even update just about every case over time -- but only on the PyWright version. The AAO one just kinda gathered dust as the other improved little by little. And since every little change I made eventually built up, the AAO cases here kinda got really outdated.

So I figure, why let the AAO cases stay outdated when I can make them... Super-Updated?
The Hacked Turnabout is now a completely different case. It has the same basic premise but it plays out very differently. I think I can confidently say "it's better."
And... that's all there is. Play it here, link's in the OP too.

Almost. Here's basically what's changing in New Hexepta: Mayor Attack.
Spoiler : :
- Jurors. I only really implemented them with cases 1 and 5 in mind but I think I can make them work with 2 and 3 too.
- Gonna handle some characters differently. I'm actually still pondering some of them - don't be surprised if the detective has a completely new sprite set in case 2.
- Super Presents are GONE!!! ...or at least, the two crazy ones will be. The two-evidence supers miiight stay if I can't work my way around em. Hold the crabs for now.
- In their place, case 5 gains a Supra Present. Only way to be fair, sry.
- Completely rewritten script. The old game was paced fast but maybe it could do to be a little less fast at points.
- Trials will likely flow very differently from the old version - case 2's probably gonna be fine but case 3's trial needs to be completely redone because oh my god...
- Scrapping at least one character. You might be able to tell who based on the current versions of the available cases.
- Some solutions will be different. Not necessarily all of them though.
- Redoing one particular plotline and doing something completely different for case 4 - probably. Stolen Turnabout was experimental and I find pretty weak nowadays but I guess there's still a chance I'll end up redoing it, it's still 3 cases away.
- I'll probably just merge cases 5 and 6. But I could also decide to split them again later. Who knows, they're still 4 cases away.
- I'll keep the Asinines, even if Storm's is kinda not great. They probably need some minor rewrites too.
- MORE STORM SENTE!!!
Image Image Image Image
Tonoso2

Re: [T] [DGS1♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●○○○○ ●●●

Post by Tonoso2 »

Is this gonna be seperate to the Pyrwight version cases, or will the pywright version have all this changes someday too?
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

Tonoso2 wrote:Is this gonna be seperate to the Pyrwight version cases, or will the pywright version have all this changes someday too?
I'll definitely put it on PyWright, wouldn't want that version to just be just the AAO game but worse. I'll probably release the PyWright version whennn case 2 or 3's done, probably.
I'll still keep the old version up until the New game fully supersedes it.
Image Image Image Image
Tonoso2

Post by Tonoso2 »

I shall be hyped for it all the same. I've enjoyed the cases so far.