[T][CE]Turnabout in the Two Towers● (Hungarian version released)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

OrderOfTheNick
Spoken languages: English,Hungarian

[T][CE]Turnabout in the Two Towers● (Hungarian version released)

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

Turnabout in the Two Towers
Winner of the Method in the Madness case competition hosted by Gizmological.
"There are decades when weeks happen, and weeks when decades happen."
Unknown; often misattributed to V. I. Lenin

On the small Mediterranean island of Cohdopia, revolution is brewing. A revolution that can lead to a better future. At the same time, a revolution that leads to chaos and confusion. Who would commit a murder during a revolution? Why? And who is the mysterious assassin named Umbra?

Screenshots
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: save occasionally, as the case does have some nonstandard game overs when choosing wrong options!
Link: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=97458

Credits
Spoiler : Spoilers!(potentially) :
I'd like to thank the following users for the resources used in the case:
Ceres - sprites of Malva Sylvester and Parus Major; most backgrounds
DragonTrainer - sprites of Vulpes Zerda and (along with Crystalklk) Iris Arenaria
Eldariub - sprites of Adonis Annua
Hesseldahl - sprites of Cordamine Amara
Lind - sprites of Quercus Suber and General Senecio Pulcher; voice of Draco Volans, Vulpes Zerda
Radian and Takethat - sprites of Aster Alpinus
Spongesonic IN COURT - voice of Aster Alpinus
SuperAj3 - the office background (daytime version)
Tap - sprites of Draco Volans
Tear - sprites of Chelon Aurata

Playtesters: Dwam and Declaro

Post-release feedback:
Gamer2002, RashFaustinho, Tiagofvarela, butterflyeffect

Music used is from the following games: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney Investigations, Gyakuten Kenji 2, Final Fantasy VII. Music used in credits: Rise from the Ashes - Epilogue from the Turnabout Jazz Soul album.

Special thanks to my friend K. I. A. for a playtrough that made me get back to working on this.
Walkthrough
Spoiler : BEFORE TRIAL :
-Choose any of the options.

INVESTIGATION:
-move to Detention Center

-talk to Amara about all 3 topics

-choose "Stay"

- choose "I want to defend you"

-move to The Two Towers

-choose either option

-move to Alley

-examine left dumpster then select "Yes."

-move to The Two Towers

-choose any option

-present the "Bloody Transceiver"
Spoiler : TRIAL 1 :
LOBBY:
-choose either option

TRIAL:
-choose any option(meaning that questioning Zerda is optional)

-CROSS EXAMINATION 1 (Basics of the Case):press everything, then present Second Floor Windows at the last statement

-CROSS EXAMINATION 2 (The Murder of Parus Major):press statement 4, then present Bloody Transceiver at the last(amended) statement

-choose "the murder weapon, then "the number of gunshots"

-CROSS EXAMINATION 3 (The Second Murder):present Adonis Annua's Autopsy Report at the third statement

-CROSS EXAMINATION 4 (The Killer's Identity):press the second statement, amend the statement about the second floor, then present Malva
Sylvester's Autopsy Report at the amended statement

-point to the 3rd floor office(the one with the A)

-present Second Floor Windows

-present Vulpes Zerda's profile

-CROSS EXAMINATION 5 (Perfectly Reasonable Explanation):press the last statement, choose "The state of the room", choose Yes, then present Locked Room at the amended statement

-CROSS EXAMINATION 6 (Closing Argument):press the last statement

-choose "how she got the guns"

-choose "Amara stole the guns"

-choose "...the first person on the scene."

-present Scene Diagrams

-point to Major's office

-choose "Yes, I will name the killer" (choosing no leads to alternate ending)

-choose Borbo Fanta
Spoiler : TRIAL 2 :
TRIAL LATTER:
-CROSS EXAMINATION 7 (Finding the Body):press everything

-choose "...the name of Major's killer"

-choose Vulpes Zerda

-choose any option

-present Parus Major's profile

-choose "someone must have untied him"

-present Revolver that killed Annua

-choose "There was a way, and I can prove it!"

-present Adonis's transceiver or Major's transceiver

-choose "...he was the hostage taker."

-choose "To manipulate Adonis’s actions."

-choose "To distract the revolutionaries"

-present Malva Sylvester's profile or Malva Sylvester's Autopsy Report

-present Locked Room

-choose "...after he broke down the door."

-present Bloody Transceiver

-present Malva Sylvester's profile

-choose "...to silence him."

-choose "...kill Adonis Annua."

-present Vulpes Zerda

-choose "To silence him."

-present Cordamine Amara's profile

-CROSS EXAMINATION 8 (You Don’t Have a Case):present General Senecio Pulcher's profile at the 5th statement

-choose "...assassinated The General."

-choose "...the ability to get the evidence."

-choose "...check the ballistic markings."

-choose "...in the Court Record."

-present Revolver that killed Annua

-choose "You’re not patriotic!"
MAGYAR VÁLTOZAT (Hungarian version)
Fordulat a Két Toronyban

Link: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=109066

Segítség
Spoiler : TÁRGYALÁS ELŐTT :
-válaszd akármelyik lehetőséget

NYOMOZÁS:
-menj a Fogdába

-beszélj Amarával mindhárom dologról

-válaszd azt, hogy "Maradok"

-válaszd azt, hogy "Meg szeretném védeni."

-menj A Két Toronyhoz

-menj a Sikátorba

-vizsgáld meg a bal oldali szemetest, majd válaszd azt, hogy "Igen."

-menj A Két Toronyhoz

-mutasd be a "Véres adóvevőt"
Spoiler : TÁRGYALÁS 1 :
TÁRGYALÁS ELŐTT:

TRIAL:
-válaszd akármelyik lehetőséget (Zerda kikérdezése nem kötelező)

-1. KIKÉRDEZÉS (Az ügy alapjai):gyakorolj nyomást mindenre, majd mutasd be a Második emeleti ablakokat az utolsó állításnál

-2. KIKÉRDEZÉS (Parus Major meggyilkolása):gyakorolj nyomást a 4. állításra, majd mutasd be Véres adóvevőt az utolsó (hozzáadott) állításnál

-válaszd azt, hogy "A gyilkos fegyver", majd azt, hogy "...a lövések száma."

-3. KIKÉRDEZÉS (A második gyilkosság):mutasd be Adonis Annua boncolásának jegyzőkönyvét a 3. állításnál

-4. KIKÉRDEZÉS (A gyilkos kiléte):gyakorolj nyomást a 2. állításra, adasd hozzá a második emeletről szóló állítást, majd mutasd be Malva
Sylvester boncolásának jegyzőkönyvét a hozzáadott állításnál

-mutass a 3. emeleti irodára (arra, amelyikben az "A" van)

-mutasd be a Második emeleti ablakokat

-mutasd be Vulpes Zerdát

-5. KIKÉRDEZÉS (Teljesen Ésszerű Magyarázat):gyakorolj nyomást az utolsó állításra, válaszd azt, hogy "A szoba állapotáról", válaszd azt, hogy Igen, majd mutasd be a Zárt szobát a hozzáadott állításnál

-6. KIKÉRDEZÉS (Záró érvelés):gyakorolj nyomást az utolsó állításra

-válaszd azt, hogy "Hogyan szerezte meg a fegyvereket?"

-válaszd azt, hogy "Amara ellopta a fegyvereket"

-válaszd azt, hogy "...az első ember a helyszínen."

-mutasd be az Ábrákat

-mutass Major irodájára

-mutasd be Vulpes Zerdát

-válaszd azt, hogy "Igen, megnevezem a gyilkost" (a másik lehetőség alternatív befejezéshez vezet)

-válaszd Borbo Fantát
Spoiler : TÁRGYALÁS 2 :
SZÜNET UTÁN:
-7. KIKÉRDEZÉS (A holttest megtalálása):gyakorolj nyomást mindenre

-válaszd azt, hogy "...mi Major gyilkosának neve."

-válaszd Vulpes Zerdát

-mutasd be Parus Majort

-válaszd azt, hogy "Valaki kikötözte"

-mutasd be Vulpes Zerdát

-mutasd be az Annua halálát okozó revolvert

-válaszd azt, hogy "Tudhatta, és be tudom bizonyítani!"

-mutasd be Adonis adóvevőjét vagy Major adóvevőjét

-válaszd azt, hogy "...ő volt a túszejtő."

-válaszd azt, hogy "Hogy befolyásolhassa Adonis tetteit."

-válaszd azt, hogy "Hogy elterelje a forradalmárok figyelmét."

-mutasd be Malva Sylvestert vagy Malva Sylvester boncolásának jegyzőkönyvét

-mutasd be a Zárt szobát

-válaszd azt, hogy "...miután betörte az ajtót."

-mutasd be a Véres adóvevőt

-mutasd be Malva Sylvestert

-válaszd azt, hogy "...hogy elnémítsa."

-válaszd azt, hogy "...megölje Adonis Annuát."

-mutasd be Vulpes Zerdát

-válaszd azt, hogy "Hogy elhallgattassa."

-mutasd be Cordamine Amarát

-8. KIKÉRDEZÉS (Nincs esélye nyerni):mutasd be Senecio Pulcher tábornokot az 5. állításnál

-válaszd azt, hogy "Ő gyilkolta meg Pulcher tábornokot."

-válaszd azt, hogy "Be tudom szerezni a bizonyítékot."

-válaszd azt, hogy "...meg kell vizsgálni a golyót."

-válaszd azt, hogy "A bizonyítékok között"

-mutasd be az Annua halálát okozó revolvert

-válaszd azt, hogy "Maga nem egy hazafi!"
Last edited by OrderOfTheNick on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 16 times in total.
I made Turnabout in the Two Towers, the winner of the Method in the Madness case competition.
Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE]Turnabout in the Two Towers●

Post by Blizdi »

I was like "OH MY GOD IS THIS A LOTR CROSSOVER" when clicking this topic. I am only slightly disappointed because this actually looks really good

EDIT: Finished. Oh my god my head hurts after that
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Spoiler : :
Evol Judge?

Two men are talking and I can’t see either of them.

He knows Luigi, but I also know Mario.

First they abolish parties, then they literally kill the opposition! – you say you had different expectations from the revolution, comrade?

But you can't be sure they want a dictatorship – I mean, abolishing parties and killing opposition doesn’t mean anything yet.

We need a revolution, Aster – I can’t see how this can go all wrong.

Ideology that advocates above all the abolition of political parties – I’m still not sure if they want dictatorship or not.

He founded the Non-Partisan Party, which followed his ideology – shouldn’t then the party abolish itself?

First of which was the law banning all parties – even their own. - I get it, thrown away after already taking over government.

This was supposed to make elected representatives more independent... – ah, so they wanted candidates without parties. Even for a nonsense to sell to masses, that’s a bit too impractical.

Private gun ownership is just one of the rights we have been stripped of – DAMN YOU, OBAMA!

The self-proclaimed government assassin forgot to also wave a flag of his party.

Well, first choice. The release of political prisoners will become a known news anyway, so I guess I will observe what the other group of people is up to.

How do you lose a group of people?

Revolution was successful, cuz it was a government replacement.

Not only am I still a prosecutor, I got a promotion! – You are a tool, moving on.

I would like to notice that I don’t have my freaking attorney badge.

From „I don’t think they want dictatorship” to „I DON’T WANT TO DEFEND EVEN A JANITOR OF GOVERMENT”. The music and dialogue is also overly melodramatic, to my taste.

You're the worst person I've ever met since... since... – The interrogator? The prosecutor? The previous lawyer?

...the last lawyer who was in here! – Knew it.

The chick is hella of a drama queen, but I can tell a game over choice when I see one.

I DECIDED I TRUST YOU AND I WILL DEFEND YOU I MUST GO NOW BYE
Oh, I’m still there after all.

Where to investigate... What is between two towers anyway? But anyway, the masterminds are the gun manufacturers that want to re-open gun market to the public, so they performed government replacement by kick-starting a revolution. Which proves that guns are what protect the liberty.

Hah, denied again.

Let’s investigate trash, hell yeah!

Iris – gee.

She stays in front of the towers even after she told me she had no time to talk.

So, that’s about it for the investigation.
OK so far. Interesting setting, though seems bit rushed here and there.
OrderOfTheNick

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

Blizdi wrote:I was like "OH MY GOD IS THIS A LOTR CROSSOVER" when clicking this topic.
I suppose I should have expected that reaction.
Blizdi wrote:I am only slightly disappointed because this actually looks really good
Thank you. :)
Blizdi wrote:EDIT: Finished. Oh my god my head hurts after that
That's a normal reaction, I think.
Gamer2002 wrote:
Two men are talking and I can’t see either of them.
I like to think of that as an artistic choice.In reality, it's because neither Aster nor Draco have out-of-court sprites.
This was supposed to make elected representatives more independent... – ah, so they wanted candidates without parties. Even for a nonsense to sell to masses, that’s a bit too impractical.
Well, I guess the world agrees with you: "Very few national governments are completely nonpartisan..."
Private gun ownership is just one of the rights we have been stripped of – DAMN YOU, OBAMA!
Good thing I didn't set this story in the U.S.
The self-proclaimed government assassin forgot to also wave a flag of his party.
But... there is no party.
I would like to notice that I don’t have my freaking attorney badge.
They don't have those in Cohdopia.At least, that's my excuse.
From „I don’t think they want dictatorship” to „I DON’T WANT TO DEFEND EVEN A JANITOR OF GOVERMENT”. The music and dialogue is also overly melodramatic, to my taste.
Yeah, I was not really satisfied with that scene, but I hadn't put it into words why.
Gamer2002 wrote:OK so far. Interesting setting, though seems bit rushed here and there.
Yeah, the script being written during the comp, the case did end up with some unnatural plot points and scenes. Not saying I couldn't have rewritten the case, but... I didn't.
Looking forward to the rest of your SoC.
I made Turnabout in the Two Towers, the winner of the Method in the Madness case competition.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise »

There's a lot of ways to murder somebody; body swinging (more than once), magic shows, mass hypnosis, but... this has to take the cake.

The worst part is that it makes sense.
DarkNinja505

Post by DarkNinja505 »

I'm not lazy, but for the sake of those who are, they'll need a walkthrough.

{make it as obscure as you can i guess}
OrderOfTheNick

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

MedicInDisquise wrote:it makes sense.
Glad to her that. :)
DarkNinja505 wrote:I'm not lazy, but for the sake of those who are, they'll need a walkthrough.

{make it as obscure as you can i guess}
I've added it.
RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho »

Spoiler : My thoughts :
Ok, so.

1) The intro about the revolution is incredibly long and the lack of character sprites for the prosecutor it's a bit annoying... Oh well, you gotta work with what you have I guess.

2) The attorney couldn't enter the tower, so he just... randomly went to an alley, and randomly searched in a garbage pile that happens to have a piece of evidence. This sounds like a huge stretch.
Another thing: It would be more Ace Attorney-like if you add the transceiver to the Evidence, and then present it to the detective.

3) In the investigation part, for some reason "talk" options tend to disappear randomly.

4) The first witness "testimony", the one with Zarda is... Odd. It felt like a (very long) opening statement that the prosecution should've done in his place.

5) So wait, the victim was MALE? I was under the impression that he was a she because of the name, "Malva". I suggest adding a temporary profile and/or specifying his sex in the autopsy.Along with the location of death and other details.

6) The detective comes in, she doesn't even introduce herself, just goes straight to the testimony.

7) Add Evidence/Profiles to the court record in the same frame these are introduced with the blue text

8 ) During the first contradiction, everyone is seemngly ignoring that bullet hole in the window. That alone was a huge fatal piece evidence that should've indicated from the start that something was off, considering the bullets delivered to everyone involved were checked. All the defense had to do was:"If there are no other bullets, than why is there a hole in this window?" With that simple question, they probably would've figure out almost immediately that the murder didn't go as the prosecution proposed: It couldn't have been shot by the defendant because it was too high, and it could've been a random bullet because every revolutionary had a set amount of them.
Being put like that, it sounds like they avoided the point because it was meant to be brought later. That's not how it works, even if it's wrong, weird evidence has to be backed up with a sort of explaination, no matter how far-fatched

9) Another un-cross-examinable testimony? Ugh.
Also, what's the deal with this attorney-judge simultaneous thinking? They do that a lot during the first part of the trial, and then suddenly stop. Either make it a recurring joke, or make it a one-time thing.

10) During the 2nd detective's testimony, the game broke. All I could see was the defense's bench. I don't know why, probably some kind of frame before the Cross-Examination is broken.

11) 2nd Detective 2nd Testimony Contradiction - I suggest to somehow hint to the fact that the contradiction lies in the trajectory of the bullets. The whole muder is already confusing as it is...

12) 1st Detective 2nd Testimony Contradiction - This could have been brought up much, much, MUCH earlier. Like, during the 1st Detective 1st testimony, why weren't the glass shards even discussed? There was no need to introduce two other muder victims in order to see that...

13) Specify EARLY during the trial that the bullets for everyone were counted, thus that the people that involved with the murder were the ONLY ones that shoot at the two towers. Why?
During the whole thing I was under the impression that there was a shooting going on (you know, Revolution, war and stuff, so I thought that people was battling with guns, also because the revolutionaries all had their own pistol), so really, the bullets, the glass shards, everything... I was wondering "why couldn't these be caused by a random flying bullet shot by a random soldier / revolutionary? There was a shooting, isn't it?". There wasn't. It took a while for me to understand that actually only the people involved with the crime did all the shooting.

14) After the prosecutor's breakdown "nooooooooo", the game broke again like in point 10.

15) Zerda's 2nd testimony contradiction: I would simply say "We established the killer was in the 3rd floor". Also, something feels... Off about this whole contradiction. I don't know exactly what though.

16) Zerda's attitude in court. What's the point of making fake confessions on top of other fake confessions, trying to not be convicted but bit by bit admitting of being the cause of it? I mean, the trial went on just because he kept retconning his confessions. It's not like there was definitive evidence of him moving the guns or shooting Major. He got caught just because he kept confessing and in the end they found the matching ballistic marks (which WAS the definitive evidence), but would've it gone the same way if he kept his mouth closed?

Overall:

The whole mystery was at least fun, and the plan was really convulted, but, I dunno, getting to the final answer didn't felt satisfying.

First of all, the problem is that the prosecution had to basically introduce 3 muders at once. Maybe it would've been better if the PLAYER got the chance to discover these other crime scenes and understand that those were all connected.
With this setup the player would have enough time to sympathize with the other two murder scenes.

Second, there is basically a gigantic showdown against that character, Zarda, that keeps lying and lying to cover himself, but then when the trial was seemingly going to reach a dead end, due to the lack evidence, he started making confessions when there was no need, since all the attorney did was theorizing with logic and circumstantial proof, Zarda only kept confirming what he was saying with his confessions. A really weird attitude, it felt like it was all for the sake of uncovering the mistery behind this mess, it didn't felt like I was actually putting a criminal with his back against the walls.

Third, there was something odd about the contradictions - I don't know what though, I wouldn't be able to explain it. Maybe it's because of the lenghty theories that defense and prosecution kept creating without involving the player. In some sequences you just had to LISTEN what the protagonist had in mind, "explaining" why the contradiction was right and why it couldn't be disproven, without actually involving the player.

Suggestion: In order to erase this weird feeling, try to implement Thought Routes. More than one. It helps the player to follow the protagonist's logic and makes him feel more involved
DarkNinja505

Post by DarkNinja505 »

So, there's something I've noticed:
"There are decades when weeks happen, and weeks when decades happen."
Isn't the quote "There are decades when nothing happens, and weeks when decades happen."?
I dunno.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Actually, I started this trial before, but didn’t go further than maybe 3rd CE, and now I don’t remember much. So, I’ll just restart this.

Secret revolutionary organization among guns manufacturers – what did I say before about them being masterminds.

We totally forcefully took guns from totally not into our plan members of our organization by totally overpowering them without any causalities.

That sure was quick introduction of the detective.

Given the later out found possibility that the victim was a hostage taker, it’s rather telling why he gathered all the keys to his office.

Adonis’s profile reveals he is a yet another victim before it is brought up to the court.

During third testimony, Aurata mirrors on the second to last statement.

Iris sure doesn’t have elaborate introductions.

Edgeworth’s face sure fits the deadpan demeanor of Aster.

Why would he go up there? Why not stay down at her own office, where no one would look? – misgendering is a crime in California.

Murder is only punishable by death is committed at least twice.- if committed, I think.

You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting that the motive behind this crime was nationalist spirit! – oh, come on.

This thing is messed up but also rushed like hell ;d

… Can’t he stop admitting to every crime I accuse him of?

No, you’re the kindest of all of us. – that line somehow killed me.

(THIS! IS! MADNESS!) – oh u

We can rest easy knowing that a national hero was the only one who actually killed anybody. – lul

(When has murder become acceptable when done for the defense of your country!?) – well, technically, when you join the army…

Decisions, decisions… Which exact same option do I pick?

I get it, you are Umbra and you started the revolution as well.

He killed general with the victim’s gun.

Oh, he used the victim’s gun for reload. Much simpler.’

Complex motives™

So, is the final plot twist going to be that the client was Umbra all along? She was in contact with the victim. Besides, what with all those disappearing people we followed from the prison? The revolution ended way too smoothly to be a by-product of a slave of some guy that just wanted to live in luxury. But maybe the brother was Umbra, which explains all those abilities? After all, the government gave that case to a maverick prosecutor.

… the music is rather ominous now.

So, in the end, no follow up to the intro? Besides it being probably the outcome of Adonis’ trial.
Well, that was it, I guess. Truly, there was method, and madness.

It was rushed, but we already went through that complaint. Because of that, there was plenty of undeveloped characters. Also, at some times I was getting lost in all that swapping business. But I was able to go through this without using the walkthrough, so I guess the logic somehow followed to the end. Which is kinda incredible, giving the scope of the crime.

I give it a solid 7.5/10. Deducing was fun, the case was madness, setting was developed, only the characters were generally forgettable due to rushed execution. I didn’t hate any of them, but 2 of them existed solely for the sake of puzzles.
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

I might edit this up with thoughts later, but for now, have a this!
Spoiler : SoC :
I really want to play other people's cases now that I feel like it, since usually I don't. Let's do this.

All this intrigue and discussion! This sounds awesome.
How long are your pauses? I use 100ms for commas, 200 for full stops, and 500 for ellipsis. But the text in yours seems to stop for too long or too often compared to what I'm used to.
"We're not an oppressive dictatorship until the opposition can speak freely"?? Is this right?
Such oppression.
A revolution. I'm in the middle of a revolution. My goodness.
"I couldn't care less about Borginia right now" Heh.
I love how this makes a defence attorney's job seem like they just stare at the office door for somebody to barge in and have otherwise nothing to to. I wonder if it really is like that.
What the heck are they doing to the defendant?
Ah. Suddenly it is clear. They believe her to be a Suberist.
Time to laugh. LAUGH.
Once I finished talking to her, the talk topics seemed to have reset to "What Happened".
What do you mean I can't just pocket evidence I find lying about?
Woah. I thought the transciever would disappear as soon as we called the detective over. Excellent.
Conversations are kind of curt. Understandable, really.
"I am completely unprepared to defend this woman" The courtroom lobby is always when lawyers are at their most honest.
The investigation served for a bit of worldbuilding, mostly. Seems like this could have been a trial only case if it had so desired it.
hilarious jk.
Pffft, these senile Suberist judges.
Oh, I remember now what this case was reminding me of. Address Unknown. It's a short story.
It's interesting how the judge seems to be of the same mind as the defence. Wonder if there'll be some kind of twist.
The walkthrough says to press all statements (and I did), but you also need to present evidence at the last one, which the walkthrough doesn't mention. Just for your information.
These job titles. Imagine barging into the office and asking "Mr. Secretary".
The judge commented on the defence's quietness earlier, and it is true. He talks to himself a lot.
It's just hitting me that this is meant to be a complicated case isn't it? What am I getting myself into...? Just look at the size of the cast and I've still got two murders ahead of me!
You have got to be kidding me. Domino's killings.
God save me from all this evidence.
Bloody hell. The question "what is wrong with the new evidence" isn't even hard and I was stumbling all over it.
When presenting the autopsy report with proof about teh shards, there is a typo: "Glass shard were found"...
Let's see here. Victim has open window. Victim shoots adonis. Victim closes window. Defendant goes to third floor. Defendant shoots and kills victim. Defendant goes to second floor. So when did the transciever leave the victim's room bloodied while the window was closed?
Ah. I guess the window being open at the time of death is a slightly more direct way of pointing that out. I'd still accept the transciever, though.
The thing is, though. Hasn't this problem been here for a while? The fact that the bullet hole was there has been practically ignored ever since the prosecutor replied that the victim shooting through that hole would mean it wouldn't hit the victim on the nose.
And the prosecutor seemed so confident. Glad to see he is only human.
I have to say, I really feel for the defendant in this case. Usually I'm more 'meh' about it.
Why are you complaining the crowd wants the victim dead? You didn't want to defend the defendant either!
Huh. I thought for sure I'd get him to say he only saw the gun and the victim and then catch him with the transciever, but apparently not.
You do accept presenting the diagram at the window one, thankfully.
Wueee, I thought I was presenting the locked room at the only saw two things statement to say
he should have seen some keys but aparently I'm saying something completely different.
"Why would he close the window" "Perhaps to avoid people throwing more stuff in there" Ah, the concerns people need to have during a revolution.
Competent police does not exist in ace attorney. The guns are a lie.
"T-That was uncalled for, Your Honour" *cry cry*
I don't know how much of this case I could manage without a walkthrough. I am so WEAK.
What a bloodthirsty courtroom.
Excellent breakdown, prosecutor.
"I'm... the killer" flows really nicely off the prosecutor's mouth.
Best courtroom lobby segment.
The gallery acting like this is some sort of story or game. "Not him! He was my favourite!"
Okay. So my question right now. If Major was tied up and stuff, when the hell did he get Adonis' family hostage and bring them there? Wait, they were there, right?
"If I'd known that worked, I would've called Amara up and told her to say this!" Hahaha
"I am not playing, your honour. I really am an idiot!"
When I selected "...they were friends" I unlocked an extra wrong answer? Sure, why not.
I figured the revolution was started on purpose near the start, so that bit was easy, but otherwise? This is absolute madness. And the best part is that it's relatively simple. It's not strange devices or making catapults out of beds or anything ridiculous. It was simply a shootout with four rooms.
"Uh, yeah, we'll just leave that part out." - Of couuuurse.
The irony!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

This is kind of a weird necro, but it's a legit shame more people didn't talk about this at the time of release. It has a unique setting and I really enjoyed the crime. If you haven't, you should definitely give this a try.
butterflyeffect
Spoken languages: English, non fluent French and Spanish

Post by butterflyeffect »

Great job with this case OrderOfTheNick, it was one of the best cases that I have played in a while. The story was entertaining and the puzzles were a challenge to solve. I did like that it was set in Cohdopia, a place we do not see that often in cases. The music included was also well placed and nice to listen to during the case. I did however notice some errors that I had seen on my playthrough that I wanted to share with you. Some that I have listed have already been mentioned by others before.
*After showing the bloody transceiver to Iris in the investigation, clicking on the garbage after she leaves will bring up the first prompt again for it
*"And the only one who could have killed her is the defendant - the one whose office the shot came from." Change the her to him. This is said by Draco after Iris's first testimony in Trial 1.
* The court record lists Adonis as a victim before finding out so.
* "It seems the prosecution has thought this through more than you, Mr. Volans." The Judge calls the defense Mr. Volans and not Mr. Alpinus. This happens after Draco explains that the bloody transceiver is internally broken.
* "Why would he go up there? Why not stay down at her own office, where no one would look?" After pressing statement 6 in Volans's rebuttal, the he should be changed to she.
* "Murder is only punishable by death is committed at least twice." This is sometime after pressing the last statement in the rebuttal with Volans, it should be reworded to something else
* when selecting where Zerda knew Adonis was the first time, only friends and hostage taker options are there, but when selecting the friends option and going through that path, a third option saying he gave the transceiver to Adonis shows up.
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

I'm stuck on frame 3755; Parus Major is not revealed in the court record.
OrderOfTheNick

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

123fendas wrote:
I'm stuck on frame 3755; Parus Major is not revealed in the court record.
I'm not sure what the problem is, everything seems to be in order. I was redesigning and translating the case earlier this year, maybe that broke it. I put in a second revealing action for the profile at frame 3754, hopefully that allows you to continue.