[CE][C] Turnabout Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

[CE][C] Turnabout Turnabout ●

Post by Spongesonic »

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, but also not really because it takes place in our world, except it's not our world because California is Japanese and the court system is different, but also it's very similar to ours except for that, except for the fact that ghosts are real, but they don't know they're ghosts, so it's kinda like the Sixth Sense, except people don't just see dead people out of nowhere, you have to train to be able to see dead people...

A "trial" made by Spongesonic IN COURT and Trybien
Winner of the "Dzibilchaltunchunchucmilliation Award", "The Butler Did It Award", "True Logic Award", "The Darkest Timeline Award", "Ghostest with the Mostest Award", "Understands Deadlines Award", and "Almost Actual Winner Award" in clcman's "The Best Worst Comp Ever". Which this case was also an entry in, by the way. Not that any of these awards mean anything.
In the year of two thousand and... something something... war is on the loose. In a far off country, an underground rebellion is brewing. More and more every day, the people are fighting back against a tyrannical government that looks to destroy their very way of life. Epic battles, various casualties, and the questioning of what is right and wrong all occur during this war... and it has absolutely nothing to do with this current story.

Our actual story begins with some doofus named Phoenix Wright. His best friend and assistant, Maya Fey, has been found with a knife stabbed in her esophagus (which is totally and completely physically possible, by the way). You would think that this means that she is unable to be prosecuted, but nope. Instead, the police decide to arrest her for her own murder. Phoenix takes her case, but it will be perilous. This case is, without a doubt, the most dangerous case of his career, as the slightest wrong move will mean the death of everyone and everything he loves. Will Phoenix be able to prove Maya's innocence? Will he make it out of this case in one piece? Will you even care?

Changes made since the comp's awards ceremony include: making it actually playable.
Spoiler : Screenshots :
Spoiler : Walkthrough :
Spoiler : Credits :
Proper Shaking Bubbles, AAO Friendly Pop-ups, and High Quality Sound Effects Courtesy of Fanfreak247
Courtroom Sprites taken from Court-Records.net
"Oof" SFX taken from Roblox
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Trybien

Re: [CE][C] Turnabout Turnabout ●

Post by Trybien »

I'm so sorry.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I just opened this up in the editor, and, uh...
Spoiler : :
3207 frames. That is going to be a lot longer than I expected.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Enthalpy wrote:I just opened this up in the editor, and, uh...
3207 frames. That is going to be a lot longer than I expected.
Sponge and I made this trial in two weeks... just let that sink in for a minute.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I don't think I want that to sink in.
Spoiler : Bug Report :
After failing the first CE, I may have reloaded a save, no characters would display.

Did one of you two use a bezier or ease scroll anywhere near a timed frame? What I'm observing makes me think of this bug.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Enthalpy wrote:I don't think I want that to sink in.
After failing the first CE, I may have reloaded a save, no characters would display.

Did one of you two use a bezier or ease scroll anywhere near a timed frame? What I'm observing makes me think of this bug.
I will take a look at it, but the game isn't designed to be saved and reloaded. You should be able to get through to the end despite failure. I will message sponge to update the OP.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Enthalpy wrote:I don't think I want that to sink in.

I've not the slightest idea how you came across that bug... I don't remember putting in anything but linear transitions...
I think you might have just stumbled across a one-in-a-million chance bug or something...
That being said, I will check.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

And after some investigation, we got the bug fixed!
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Enthalpy wrote:And after some investigation, we got the bug fixed!
Yep. Little bugger was hiding from me.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
clcman

Post by clcman »

Bugs aside, this case nevertheless receives an official CLC Seal of Approval.

As mentioned in the OP, here are the awards the case received in The Best Worst Comp Ever:
Spoiler : Awards :
Image Almost Actual Winner Award: I'm sorry. It's not that you weren't really bad, just that someone else was worse.
ImageDzibilchaltunchunchucmilliation Award: Sometimes, there's just no other word for it.
ImageThe Butler Did It Award: It's always the dog.
ImageTrue Logic Award: How can something both make and not make sense at once? For Fingerprint Puzzle.
ImageThe Darkest Timeline Award: For want of a nail, the kingdom was lost...
ImageGhostest With The Mostest: Ghost toast makes the host boat float.
ImageUnderstands Deadlines Award: ...Has this ever happened before?
ALSO! Very important: Don't save and reload. The Game Over screens will automatically take you back to where you were, and trust me, in the long run you'll be glad you didn't save scum.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Lex!
Spoken languages: Français (langue mat.), English (C1), Deutsch (B2)

Post by Lex! »

I finished the trial right now and really liked it, it was fun to play ! The absurd humor was on point and despite the whole case is a succession of nonsensical situations, the plot paradoxally weirdly almost always made sense. :hotti: I have some questions though :
Spoiler : the entire case :
I tried to get all the good endings, following Apollo's hints and I got only 16/18. I think 2 are perhaps "broken". I explain myself.

- I tried to indict Maggie, as Apollo suggested, after her cross-examination but I only got a "classical" penalty. I tried to present her profile in all the other occasions, but without success. Is it normal ?

- I willingly failed against Edgeworth in his testimony and in the final presentation (when Phoenix wants to present the proof that Edgeworth did it). I got both "good endings", but Apollo keeps hinting that I must chose the wrong counter-argument against Edgeworth. I don't see any other time where I can fulfill this condition, am I wrong or is there perhaps a variable that you forgot ?
Last edited by Lex! on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phileas Tempo : Ace Attorney

Episode 1 : la soirée volte-face - version 2018

- Partie 1 : Débuts
- Partie 2 : Mystères
- Partie 3 : Tournant
- Partie 4 : Caedes
- Partie 5 : Final
Merci à Shania67 pour l'avatar !
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Lex! wrote:I finished the trial right now and really liked it, it was fun to play ! The aburd humor was on point and despite the whole case is a succession of nonsensical situations, the plot paradoxally weirdly almost always made sense. :hotti: I have some questions though :
I tried to get all the good endings, following Apollo's hints and I got only 16/18. I think 2 are perhaps "broken". I explain myself.

- I tried to indict Maggie, as Apollo suggested, after her cross-examination but I only got a "classical" penalty. I tried to present her profile in all the other occasions, but without success. Is it normal ?

The profile is incorrect. There is an alternative contradiction. Following Apollo's tip, think of ways you could argue that Maggie is the culprit.

- I willingly failed against Edgeworth in his testimony and in the final presentation (when Phoenix wants to present the proof that Edgeworth did it). I got both "good endings", but Apollo keeps hinting that I must chose the wrong counter-argument against Edgeworth. I don't see any other time where I can fulfill this condition, am I wrong or is there perhaps a variable that you forgot ?

Same thing as Maggie's, there is an alternative answer to the CE. If you are stuck, refer to the walkthrough (click the image in the tag). You need all of the endings to get the true end after all!
Responses in red.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope the responses I left were of help.
Lex!
Spoken languages: Français (langue mat.), English (C1), Deutsch (B2)

Post by Lex! »

Trybien wrote:
Lex! wrote:I finished the trial right now and really liked it, it was fun to play ! The aburd humor was on point and despite the whole case is a succession of nonsensical situations, the plot paradoxally weirdly almost always made sense. :hotti: I have some questions though :

The profile is incorrect. There is an alternative contradiction.

Same thing as Maggie's, there is an alternative answer to the CE. If you are stuck, refer to the walkthrough (click the image in the tag). You need all of the endings to get the true end after all!
Responses in red.
Thank you very much !
Spoiler : Huge Spoilers :
I feel really stupid right now, because I didn't try to click on the walkthrough image. I am getting trolled until the end. :hotti:

To be fair, I didn't expect any explanations on why Phoenix did call Pearl "Trucy" or why did the judge keep silent during all the trial. :hotti:
And that Payneful reveal... :hotti: Really good true ending !

Thanks to both of you for creating this case, I was eager to play it since clcman's review and I was really not disappointed ! You did your worst and it was beautiful !
Phileas Tempo : Ace Attorney

Episode 1 : la soirée volte-face - version 2018

- Partie 1 : Débuts
- Partie 2 : Mystères
- Partie 3 : Tournant
- Partie 4 : Caedes
- Partie 5 : Final
Merci à Shania67 pour l'avatar !
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Pointing out a slight typo here.
(It won't let me attach anything...? So I'll put it in quotes.)
"Pssssh... who cares if --------- doesn't have their usual infatuation with *Prosecutor* Edgeworth?"
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It's the same bug with characters disappearing, sometime between yellow suited Payne appearing and Maya calling Phoenix a "loony" after her new defense attorney goes to the wrong courtroom.