[T] DEMO RELEASED! Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart ○○○○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Forum rules

[T] DEMO RELEASED! Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart ○○○○○○○ 

Postby the.armenator » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:50 am

This idea came to me after a bout of depression and an interest in reworking Athena’s character and making a fangame focusing on her and psychology.

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the Heart (LotH for short)

The full game is being made for PyWright. Only cases 1 (demo version) and DLC (with placeholder, non-custom sprites) will be published on AAO.

WARNING: LotH contains spoilers and plot details relevant to PW:AA, JFA, T&T, AJ:AA, AAI, AAI2, DD, and SoJ.

The LotH Case 1 demo is now available to play! Click here to play!
(NOTE: Every testimony, present prompt, and "select an option" prompt has a unique failure dialogue! Please feel free to save spam and choose a wrong option or piece of evidence for all of those!)

This is my first-ever work on AAO, so if there are any errors, let me know! I hope it surpasses your expectations, though!
PLEASE share the demo to as many people as you can! It took so much work and I’d like to spread this project as far as possible!
And also, please leave a stream of consciousness in a reply if you'd like! Feedback is welcome and appreciated!
Also, the demo section will be slightly changed for the PyWright release, so look out for that!

Spoiler : Demo Walkthrough - TRY TO GO WITHOUT THIS! :
No Penalty: Do whatever you want for the opening statement.

Testimony 1
(Optional/No Penalty: Present the knife on statement 2.)
Press statement 2.
Press statement 3. Select the first option.
Present the Knife on statement 2.

Select the third option.

Testimony 2
(Optional/No Penalty: Press statement 2. Select the first or second option.)
Press statement 2. Select the fourth option.
Press statement 3. Select the third option.
Press statement 3. Select the fourth option.

Select the first option.
Present the Security Footage.

Spoiler : Character Art Credits (SPOILERS) :
Athena Cykes sprites by Rajin, mercurialSK, SuperAj3, ShiroForever, Hesseldahl, and Silver Glas.
Athena Cykes profile icon by Anyare.
Widget profile icon by Anyare.
Nina Phan is Porsha Posh by DragonTrainer.
Elle Braxton is Gretta Danllo by Hesseldahl.
Vincent Pulliam is Dypo Tarch by Singidava.
Lydon Case is Tori Labbe by DragonTrainer.
Additional Judge sprites by SuperAj3 and DarwinThe100.

Spoiler : Synopsis - Spoilers! :
Several months after SoJ, Athena flies to the Kingdom of Khura’in to assist her co-worked, Apollo Justice, in reforming Khura’in’s legal system, and in resolving all of the cases in which an unjust verdict was given as a result of the legal system.
Athena takes on an interesting case (Case 1) upon her return, in which murder has taken place at an online convention, and her close friend is taken in for the crime.
About a month after Case 1, Athena finds herself muddled up in the emotional throes of investigating a serial killer known at “The Executioner” who has evaded the authorities for years.
As she investigates the Executioner’s crimes, Athena realizes that there are deep, dark secrets hidden in the shadows of the killer’s mind. She chases after the Executioner and looks deeply into their psychological makeup.
Meanwhile, Athena faces her own inner turmoil, and her perspective on a lot of things changes throughout the events of LotH. She begins to see the darkness hidden throughout the world and the people in it.
Will Athena be able to find the Executioner and make them pay dearly for their own crimes, or will she unwittingly find herself in a life-or-death scenario, and the Executioner be forever lost in the shadows, left to kill again and again?

Spoiler : Progress Summary :
Music: 30% complete
Art: ~5% complete
Planning: ~20% complete

Spoiler : Case Names + Progress :
Case 1 - Rendezvous at the Turnabout
Planning: 100%
Written Script: 100%
Coding: 100% (AAO demo), 0% (PyWright/other)
Character Sprites: 100% (lacking custom sprites, but ready for AAO release)
Backgrounds & Cutscenes: 80%

Case 2 - Turnabout Happenstance
Planning: 60%
Written Script: 20%
Coding: 0%
Character Sprites: 0%
Backgrounds & Cutscenes: 0%

Case 3 - Turnabout from Left Field
Planning: 15%
Written Script: 0%

Case 4 - Turnabout to the Past
Planning: 15%

Case 5 - My Final Turnabout
Planning: 5%

Case DLC - The Costumed Turnabout
Planning: 30%
Written Script: 15%
Backgrounds: 0%

Case Bonus - Athena Cykes ~ Asinine Attorney
Planning: 5%

HELP WANTED:
Spriter(s)/Misc. Artist(s): I have absolutely no artistic skills whatsoever, and need someone to create sprites for any original characters I have, given my description of them and ideas for their various poses, and also someone to create backgrounds and cutscenes for the game. Sprites and cutscenes should be in the classic Ace Attorney DS-game style, while I’m much more flexible with style for backgrounds. I can pay commissions, or if you don’t want a commission or want to publish something else with the art, that’s perfectly fine with me. Whichever works for you.

Help in the writing department is appreciated but not completely necessary - clcman serves as the co-writer and editor of the whole game, and is doing fantastically! However, any help I can get, even if it’s just comments on our scripts, is great. Betatesters are appreciated also, despite having six already.

Our current team:
Composers: MBr/SuperCykes, itskryode (Instagram), and FanFreak247! (Plus feedback from Broocevelt!)
Co-Editors: clcman!
Artists: Double KO, MasqueradeDemure, and DetectiveWhite!
Betatesters: clcman, Gorka, and FanFreak247!
Translators: German - BirbIsTheWord! Spanish - Korinu and Super legenda!

SuperCykes's SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/mbr-9
itskryode's SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/kryode

If you're interested in helping out or just want to join the Discord server for "Locks on the Heart", here you go! https://discord.gg/TQPhTfF
If you want to help, please PM me on Discord - the.armenator#1360 - or on AAO/PyWright (the.armenator).

Thank you so much for reading!

To check out a Twitter thread I wrote on my game-related account, explaining LotH’s synopsis, my reasons for creating it, and my goals for it, here you go! https://twitter.com/armendev/status/104 ... 84352?s=21
Additionally, please check out and share the link in the pinned tweet of said account!

Updates will be posted on the Discord server, here on AAO, and on Court-Records —> https://forums.court-records.net/viewto ... 1#p1415651

Thank you again! :april:
Last edited by the.armenator on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 26 times in total.
(DEMO RELEASED!) I'm working on "Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney ~ Locks on the Heart" --> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12380&p=767720#p767720
Contact me in the ways described in the linked post if you want to help with LotH!
the.armenator

Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish (not fluent)

Re: [T] Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney ~ Locks on the Heart ○○○○ 

Postby Gamer2002 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Spoiler : :
>Serial killer "The Executioner"

Well, here goes that idea for the sequel of Angela Light ;P
Dibs on Garroter.

Anyway, good luck with your project!
Gamer2002

Postby the.armenator » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:35 am

Gamer2002 wrote:
Spoiler : :
>Serial killer "The Executioner"

Well, here goes that idea for the sequel of Angela Light ;P
Dibs on Garroter.

Anyway, good luck with your project!

Spoiler : wow :
AHAHAHAHA I never expected that! go for it - it's not changing

Thank you!
(DEMO RELEASED!) I'm working on "Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney ~ Locks on the Heart" --> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12380&p=767720#p767720
Contact me in the ways described in the linked post if you want to help with LotH!
the.armenator

Postby the.armenator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:20 am

Justifiable double post (in my opinion).

We now have a solid team!
Composers: MBr (SuperCykes), FanFreak247, and iKiwed!
Co-Editors: clcman, FanFreak247, and Ropfa!
Artists: Ropfa, Sandal (Puchi), and iKiwed!
Betatesters: Spybreak001 and Ropfa!

Of course, if you'd like to help out, feel free! Any and all help is appreciated and useful.
the.armenator

Postby Super legenda » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:29 am

I can't wait for this, i love Athena and a fan series with her as protagonist would be perfect.
Super legenda

Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Postby the.armenator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:56 am

Super legenda wrote:I can't wait for this, i love Athena and a fan series with her as protagonist would be perfect.

Hey, it's you again!
I'm glad you're excited about this! I've always wanted to see more than a fancase with Athena as the protagonist, especially if she's better written than in the main series. This is my unofficial Athena storyline. Hope you like it!
Also, if you'd like to help out, please let me know!
the.armenator

Postby Super legenda » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 am

I wonder why there aren't more Athena's cases, she is fun, has good back story and Mood Matrix is one of the coolest gimmicks in the franchise.
Maybe I would help as beta tester, I have experience with that job
Super legenda

Postby the.armenator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:11 am

Super legenda wrote:I wonder why there aren't more Athena's cases, she is fun, has good back story and Mood Matrix is one of the coolest gimmicks in the franchise.
Maybe I would help as beta tester, I have experience with that job

Sure! I'll DM you an invite link on Discord.
Also, if you know anyone who can help with cutscenes and such, please let me know!
the.armenator

Postby Super legenda » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:12 am

Thank you
Super legenda

Postby Blizdi » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Wow you got ropfa? Nice. He's as brutally honest of a beta tester as you could get.
Blizdi

Spoken languages: English

Postby the.armenator » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 am

Blizdi wrote:Wow you got ropfa? Nice. He's as brutally honest of a beta tester as you could get.

Hehe, I don't have a problem with it. I can handle criticism. (*whispers* Amy's Baking Company from Kitchen Nightmares)
But seriously, I'm so glad to have him help out. :D
the.armenator

Postby phoenix nick trite » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 am

the.armenator wrote:
Blizdi wrote:Wow you got ropfa? Nice. He's as brutally honest of a beta tester as you could get.

Hehe, I don't have a problem with it. I can handle criticism. (*whispers* Amy's Baking Company from Kitchen Nightmares)
Nice Kitchen Nightmares reference! Anyway, I'm excited for this case series and the DLC case that comes on here later. Good luck with it
phoenix nick trite

Spoken languages: English

Postby the.armenator » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:55 pm

phoenix nick trite wrote:
the.armenator wrote:

Nice Kitchen Nightmares reference! Anyway, I'm excited for this case series and the DLC case that comes on here later. Good luck with it

:D thank you so much!
the.armenator

Postby the.armenator » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 pm

OP HAS BEEN UPDATED! This project is ***NOT*** dead and has not been! Please check it out!
the.armenator

Postby Gamer2002 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 am

From my experience - getting an artist involved, even when AAO was much more active, is always hard. You are fortunate enough that your main character's sprites exists, I had to learn to draw myself.

If you want an artist, you have to talk to them directly and convince them to help you. 99% nobody will answer to "help wanted", especially not if you have no released cases. Though I had yet to see anybody willing to pay.

That, or you learn to adapt to what is available. When I was planning out Angela Light, Bobby Dark was originally supposed to be a big metalhead with a black trench coat with spikes and with pink shirt with hearts under it. But when I saw sprites of crazy dark emo guy, I decided it was good as well.
Gamer2002

Next

Return to Your Trials