[T] The About Average Turnabout

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Negatious
Spoken languages: English

[T] The About Average Turnabout

Post by Negatious »

Hey you brilliant people of aaonline! This is Negatious, and after holding a rather long break from creating anything on this site, I'm finally working on a new oneshot case with :apollo: Apollo Justice as the defense attorney and protagonist! A certain other defense attorney might make an appearance as well... :phoenix:

NOTE : Case name might be due for a change.

So,the case takes place in modern London, in a renowned hotel. A place bustling with guests, and the staff's busy serving customers, pouring drinks, serving food, checking people in and out...

Until the police are called in and the hotel halts to a complete stop.

On the seventh floor of the hotel, in their own, assigned room...a man is found dead. With heavy damage to the man's throat and other evidence, the cause of death is deduced to be a poisoning, but nothing much is known about the murder so far.

Apollo, being a guest in the hotel, decides to take up the case after a close friend of him is thrown into the thick of the case and the hotel's manager, Smith Gerrick, is taken in as the lead suspect.
The prosecution's evidence and witnesses are rather on the compelling side...in a foreign court, in a foreign country, against an unfamiliar prosecutor of Japanese-English roots, a turnabout will be taking place!

Court is in session!

----

Plot: 60%
Writing 25%
Sprites & music: 80%
Overall presentation: 70%
Full completion: 30%

Beta testing: Not initiated yet
Case revisions: Not initiated yet

----

Some of you may or may not remember / know of my first case I created and published here; Hugh O'Conner: Rookie Attorney - The First Turnabout (http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=91692).
After I received brilliant advice and reviews from both Enthalpy and Ferdielance (special shout-out to Enth, his review, critique and advice helped me a ton while looking back on the case myself later on) I finally got inspired enough to start creating another case. This one's supposed to be more exploring, use more methods in cross-examinations, try and focus on character building and their known traits, create a believeable (enough) crime while still keeping that Ace Attorney feeling to it.

If everything goes well and people even sort of like it, I might start developing a series of this premise eventually! I just can't do investigations for jack though...

This thread will be updated with screenshots and additional info as time goes on and I keep building the case!

Cheers,
Negatious
Last edited by Negatious on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!
drvonkitty

Re: [T] The About Average Turnabout

Post by drvonkitty »

If you need someone to beta for you, I'd be willing to do it.

Negatious

Post by Negatious »

@drvonkitty
I very much appreciate the offer, but as things stand right now, I need to work on the case more before I'm actually willing to post it for anyone to see. Even beta testers. I'll keep your offer in mind though!
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Yeah, I more meant when the case is done and you're ready for it to be tested before releasing it, I'd be willing to beta it for you.

Good luck finishing it!

Negatious

Post by Negatious »

drvonkitty wrote:Yeah, I more meant when the case is done and you're ready for it to be tested before releasing it, I'd be willing to beta it for you.

Good luck finishing it!
Thanks, I misunderstood. I thought you'd be willing to beta the case right now, on the spot.. ^^'

I'll keep on updating the thread as the case progresses!