[T][CE] A Tricky Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Modérateurs : EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Règles du forum

[T][CE] A Tricky Turnabout ● 

Message par Tiagofvarela » Lun Nov 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Spoiler : Ramblings :
This is a trial I thought I wouldn't finish back when I abandoned it in 2016. I started making it for the Never Trust The Narrator competition, but ended up not having enough made to even be theme relevant, and ended up sitting at 500-ish frames. This case was also harder than my previous ones because I had to actually plan things out. Unbelievable, I know. When I abandoned it, I had enough frames done that I couldn't delete it, but I knew I didn't have it me to finish it.
Fast-forward to now and the trial is sitting at around 4000 frames + Short Prologue, 3000-ish of those made in a week. What the heck happened!? Well, this competition happened. Thank you so much to Enthalpy for hosting this competition. It was only thanks to it that I could sit down, plot things out, and finish this case! Thank you, again. Also, I stole your synopsis.
Synopsis:
"A man goes to the library to study mathematics. He promptly gets arrested for murdering a man in said library. Ah, too relatable.
Our mathematician defends himself from the nefarious Prosecutor Beth - a man without qualification, an airheaded(?) idol detective, the usual lying witnesses, and the anger of the entire court as the defendant insults them without even trying."

-Enthalpy

In my own words, this is the story of the unluckiest man you will ever know. Please, enjoy the show.

Link:
http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=78908 (Prologue)
http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=87598
Warning
This trial utilises a lot of variables in order to progress, and remembers some of your failures.
Please avoid using saves unless truly necessary.

Updates:
07/11/2018 - Fixed a few typos.
Spoiler : Old Updates :
05/11/2018 - Release.

Screenshots:
Spoiler : :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aligning pictures is easy!

Walkthrough:
CE - Cross-examination. CEx with x being the number.
PROMPT - Will write a blurb of the prompt followed by the answer.
ALTERNATIVE - An alternative way to progress.
EXTRA - Leads to extra dialogue but does not progress from the prompt or CE
PENALTY - A unique penalty.

CE1
Press all Statements.
(getting penalised here alters dialogue a little in a CE3 press conversation)
EXTRA: Present My Memories at Statement 2.

CE2
Present My Memories at Statement 3. Then, Present Danllo's Investigation at the new Statement.
EXTRA: Present Theresa Reinhart at Statement 2.
EXTRA: Present Traces of Blood at new Statement.

CE3:
Present My Memories at last Statement. Then, Present Danllo's Investigation at last Statement.
ALTERNATIVE: Present Library Diagram at Last Statement. Then, Present Danllo or Danllo's Investigation. (Doing this before finding the first contradiction is possible, and will change dialogue ever so slightly) (Note: If you present the diagram and then pick wrong evidence, you can avoid a penalty by bluffing, given that you haven't pressed CE3-1 or CE3-3)
EXTRA: Press statement 4. Then, Present My Memories at the same statement. Finally select that you are objecting because of what you were doing. This doubles a penalty later.
EXTRA: If you enter the co-counsel three times before presenting 'My Memories' Theresa will discover the contradiction for you (this does not change dialogue, only adds).
EXTRA: Co-Counsel conversation changes after presenting 'My Memories'. It also updates 'Danllo's Investigation' with new information.
EXTRA: CE3-1 includes CE3-3's press conversation if you have not yet pressed it. This press conversation unlocks a penalty later.

CE4:
Press Statement 2. Select Paragraph 4. Stop there. Press Statement 2 again, and Select Paragraph 4 again. Ask what colour the book he dropped was.
You may present it at Statement 4, or Press Statement 2 and ask about the knife (if you have asked all the new questions already).
EXTRA: Present Facing the Bookshelf at Statement 3. Then, present Browsing a Book or Yellow Book. (You will only be able to move on if you possess one of these. Failing twice to present them unlocks a new line. Because why not?)
EXTRA: Present Library Diagram at Statement 1 (you will be penalised if the librarian explained the library layout to you).
EXTRA: Present Browsing a Book at Statement 4. Allegro will now play.
EXTRA: Pressing Statement 2 gives you a variety of options. Check below.

Statement 2:
1st Paragraph
2nd Paragraph - If you have Browsing a Book you can press further here.
3rd Paragraph
4th Paragraph - Press twice to gain access to three questions. You are free to ask them all. Once you have asked them all, you will return to the original question. Once you have the original question back and Yellow Book you can press further.
5th Paragraph - The first time you select this paragraph there is a unique scene.
6th Paragraph - You may press further freely here. (Pressing Statement 5 changes dialogue slightly)

PROMPT - "Allow me to explain..."
Select options until you move forward.

PROMPT - "This evidence could explain the discrepancy..."
Present Autopsy Report.
EXTRA: Present My Memories.
EXTRA: Present Danllo's Investigation or Gretta Danllo. (Changes dialogue later.)
EXTRA: Present Theresa Reinhart. (Slightly changes a plotpoint)
PENALTY: The first time you present wrong evidence you get a unique scene and no penalty.

PROMPT - "Someone fooled you"
Present Henry Park.
ALTERNATIVE: Present Robert Life.
EXTRA: All other profiles have unique responses and no penalty.

If you presented Henry Park, present Robert Life. Otherwise, present Henry Park.

CE5
Listen to the co-counsel conversation, claim you have evidence that shows what happened inside, then Present Wallbreak the Fourth and 'Theresa's Phone or Yellow Hat' in any order.
EXTRA: Present Safely at the co-counsel conversation. (unlocks Present later)
EXTRA: After Pressing Last Statement and Listening to Co-Counsel once, Pressing Last Statement unlocks Yellow Hat.
Note: You could remain here presenting stuff indefinitely, because I am not implementing a fail-safe for presenting things that you've already presented. If that's what you want to do, feel free to waste your time.

CE6
In order to progress, you need to unlock the truth in each of the four statements by pressing them and then:
Statement 1: Present Danllo's Investigation and Tea Cellar, in any order.
EXTRA: Present Epilepsy Medicine.
Statement 2: Requires unlocking the truth in Statement 1.
Statement 3: Present Bloody Knife.
EXTRA: Traces of Blood.
Statement 4: Unlock the truth in statement 1. Present Safely Guard (or not, there's no penalty).

PROMPT - "I'd like to call..."
Present Safely Guard or Robert Life (if you presented Safely in CE5).

CE7
Listen to the co-counsel conversation, if you can.

The rest of the game can be played by trying all the options. There are no penalties or parts to get stuck on, except one that asks you to select an area in a picture. The answer is the right arm.

Credits:
Do not look in here if you haven't played yet. And if you have, the in-game credits are ten and a three fourths times better.
Betatesters (in a very particular order that was randomly selected):
  • bigwins
  • Shikomizue
  • Enthalpy (Competition)
  • fanfreak247
  • clcman
  • Vagrant
  • Ferdielance
Sprites:
  • Randall sprites by gotMLK7.
  • Tea and Theresa by DragonTrainer.
  • Henry and Gretta done by Hesseldahl.
  • Prosecutor by LunchPolice.
  • Wallbreak's Edits done by me.
I'm pretty positive everything is either free to use with credit and/or I got permission. Please tell me if there is something I cannot use, and I will take it down.
Music & Sound (including nonsensical names for the tracks made-up by me):
  • Theresa and Lisa voice clips by Rina-chan, also know as Kira Buckland.
  • Randall voice clips by me.
  • Bethan voice clips by Lind.
  • Cross-Examination ~ Moderato (Level Up by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Cross-Examination ~ Allegro (Reformat by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Objection! ~ If I May...? (Go Cart by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Final Objection ~ Did You Think You Were Innocent? (Rhinoceros by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Beth Oven ~ No Bluffs! (Sinfonia No 3 in D Major by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Beth Oven ~ Evil Desperation (Intended Force by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • A Place of Learning and Murder (Divertimento K131 by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Logical Reflection (On The Ground by Kevin Macleod - Creative Commons)
  • Suspence (Beta-B by Kan Gao - To The Moon)
  • Mysterious Morning (Between a Squirrel and a Tree by Kan Gao - To The Moon)
  • Happy Like a Child (World's Smallest Ferris Wheel by Kan Gao - To The Moon)
  • Trial ~ A Court for Beginners (Door of Truth by KATE - Fate/ hollow ataraxia)
  • Critical Thinking (March of the Dreadnoughts by Masashi Hamauzu - Final Fantasy XIII)
  • Pursuit track is "Naoe Yamato" from Majikoi. (Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!!)
  • Tell the Truth (Courtroom Shuffle, a fan track from Homestruck, a Land of Fans and Music 3)
  • Credits theme is Gerudo Valley, from Super Smash Bros. series.
Other:
-Safely's speech patterns borrowed from Digital: A Love Story
Dernière édition par Tiagofvarela le Dim Nov 11, 2018 7:22 pm, édité 3 fois.
A Laggy Turnabout
A Batty Turnabout
A Tricky Turnabout
Upcoming: A Needy Turnabout, A Scholarly Turnabout
Tiagofvarela

Message(s) : 226
Genre: Masculin
Langues parlées: English, Portuguese

Re: [T][CE] A Tricky Turnabout ● 

Message par AwesomeYears » Mar Nov 06, 2018 7:09 am

Currently playing through it, there seems to be a constant misspelling of "defense attorney" as "defence attorney". Though "defence" is the British English spelling of "defense", there doesn't seem to be a spelling of "defence attorney" anywhere on the internet unfortunately.
AwesomeYears

Message(s) : 5
Langues parlées: English

Message par Blizdi » Mar Nov 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Finished it once. It was pretty fun, now I have to literally find every single thing ever. It was pretty fun tho playing through it once.

Gonna devote the entire day tomorrow to playing this over and over again.
Blizdi

Message(s) : 378

Message par AceJakkidFan » Mar Nov 06, 2018 7:16 pm

AwesomeYears a écrit :Currently playing through it, there seems to be a constant misspelling of "defense attorney" as "defence attorney". Though "defence" is the British English spelling of "defense", there doesn't seem to be a spelling of "defence attorney" anywhere on the internet unfortunately.

the uk isnt going to use "defense" when referring to attorneys and "defence" everywhere else but regardless of that:
Image Image
AceJakkidFan

Message(s) : 32

Message par Tiagofvarela » Mar Nov 06, 2018 8:04 pm

AceJakkidFan a écrit :
AwesomeYears a écrit :Currently playing through it, there seems to be a constant misspelling of "defense attorney" as "defence attorney". Though "defence" is the British English spelling of "defense", there doesn't seem to be a spelling of "defence attorney" anywhere on the internet unfortunately.
the uk isnt going to use "defense" when referring to attorneys and "defence" everywhere else but regardless of that:
-image-

Oh, my. I was going to reply, but it seems like somebody already jumped to my defence! (Get it?)
Anyhow, I, too, was going to post one such image.
If the series weren't called 'Ace Attorney', I'd have gladly used counsel or barrister, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Blizdi a écrit :Finished it once. It was pretty fun, now I have to literally find every single thing ever. It was pretty fun tho playing through it once.

Gonna devote the entire day tomorrow to playing this over and over again.

Nice! Thanks!
But, don't expect too much. Most of the extra stuff is either me messing about or an extra/changed line so as to react to what you do or do not know at that point in time. And I'm not even sure they all work! I'm, like, 90% positive there's some 4 or 5 variables that the trial registers but then don't get used anywhere else.

Edit: That said: Penalties! Nobody ever goes for the penalty conversations, but I practically never reuse any, so it'd be nice if people read the various different ones. They can be quite fun sometimes.
Dernière édition par Tiagofvarela le Mer Nov 07, 2018 12:53 am, édité 1 fois.
A Laggy Turnabout
A Batty Turnabout
A Tricky Turnabout
Tiagofvarela

Message par DJJ6800 » Mar Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Well, I just finished this case and...
What the hell did I just watch? It's...I don't even know what to think of it. I mean, it's well made, the characters are interesting and the story makes sense...I think. Maybe it doesn't. Last time I felt this way about a case was with Dragon's Turnabout but this just moved up the WTF levels for me. Great work. I think.
DJJ6800

Message(s) : 42

Message par Hey » Mer Nov 07, 2018 11:05 am

I didn't know what to say about this case but DJJ680's reply practically stole the words right out of my mouth. In comparison to any other case that I played from before, I have to say this is one of the hardest cases I've ever played IMO. Best case I've ever played this year.
Hey

Message(s) : 7
Genre: Féminin

Message par Tiagofvarela » Mer Nov 07, 2018 12:25 pm

DJJ6800 a écrit :Well, I just finished this case and...
What the hell did I just watch? It's...I don't even know what to think of it. I mean, it's well made, the characters are interesting and the story makes sense...I think. Maybe it doesn't. Last time I felt this way about a case was with Dragon's Turnabout but this just moved up the WTF levels for me. Great work. I think.

Hey a écrit :
I didn't know what to say about this case but DJJ680's reply practically stole the words right out of my mouth. In comparison to any other case that I played from before, I have to say this is one of the hardest cases I've ever played IMO. Best case I've ever played this year.

Thank you so much for playing and commenting! I'm happy you enjoyed the show.
A Laggy Turnabout
A Batty Turnabout
A Tricky Turnabout
Tiagofvarela

Retour vers Your Trials