[T] Turnabout-RONPA ●○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Psychii
Spoken languages: English

[T] Turnabout-RONPA ●○○

Post by Psychii »

Introduction
So I know this has kinda been done before, but this is a project which takes some of the lawyers of Ace Attorney and places them into a Danganronpa-esque killing game run by an Evil Judge. Ultimately the Judge’s goal is to find the best prosecutor and defense attorney to battle it out in the “most important trial of all time”. Twists ensue.

There are 2 chapters currently finished, with only half of the first trial complete but I’m proud to say that the pace is pretty fast and rarely lets up.

Lots of surprises in here for sure, including some interesting cameos and twists. I also wasn’t sure if I was pushing the envelope here but Grossberg curses a bit and there are some sexual references in Chapter 2. I wasn’t sure if it breaks the guidelines but I decided to leave most of it in for Chapter 2 and if it does break the guidelines I will gladly go back and censor it.

Also not sure if I want to finish it or not, the project was just something I did on the side while I worked on another project, Knuckles Chaotix: New Door, but we’ll see if it’s well-liked. Also my bad for the abrupt ending, I’ll add the last few bits of the trial later. Also, let’s see if anyone can guess the murderer’s identity with all there is so far! :phoenix:

Also for an alternate take on a similar idea, you can check out Akimbo_assassin’s Danganronpa: Ace Attorney series.
To Play the Game!
Chapter 1 (Turnabout Revelation)

Turnabout Revelation - http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=109241

Turnabout Revelation (Trial) - http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=110370

(Note: The Investigation segment is vital to the understanding of the Trial.)
Additional Notes
Spoiler : :
AA Continuity Issues -

So the game pretty much follows the Ace Attorney continuity up to Dual Destinies at least. Although I did overlook a few details.

First off (Spoiler Warning!) Godot is alive here and he likely is long dead by the time Phoenix Wright gets his badge back and works with Apollo. Godot's pretty cool though so can you really be unhappy?
Athena Cykes is missing, that’s another error. To be fair the roster was getting pretty crowded and writing for so many characters at once is pretty hard so I felt that I was willing to make the sacrifice. Also, I felt like I could make the other nine characters more interesting, while I wasn’t sure what to do with Athena really. She’s a fine character, definitely a fan, just wasn’t sure how she could fit into this game properly.
Walkthrough
Pt. 1
Move - Underground Room

All Talk

Move - Dark Room - Wright Anything Agency - Klavier’s Office - Prosecution Office

Talk - Status

Move - Hotel

Talk - All

Move - Hospital

Talk - Escaping

Move - Wright Anything Agency

Talk - Von Karma/Von Karma’s Test/Escape

Move - Kitchen

Talk - Escape

Move - Prosecution Office

Talk - Investigation Team

Move - WAA - Dark Room - Underground Room

Examine - Door Knob

Move - Deeper Room

Talk - Files

Move - Underground Room - Deeper Room

Talk - Apollo?

Move - WAA (Night)

Talk - All

Talk - All

Move - Kitchen - Hospital

Talk - Only Talk Option

Move - Kitchen - Prosecution Ofice

Talk - All

Move - Dark Room - Deeper Room

Talk - Where’s Apollo

Move - Dark Room - ???
Ch. 2
Move - Park

Examine - Body Area

Talk - Edgeworth’s Opinion

Move - WAA

Talk - All

Move - Detention Center

Talk - All

Move - Hospital

Move - Kitchen

Talk - Food

Examine - Bottles

Move - Park

Talk - All

Move - Camera Room

Talk - Prosecution/Blind Spot

Psyche-Lock

1 - Apollo

2 - Klavier’s Radio

3 - Klavier

Talk - Another Blind Spot/Blind Spot Coverage
- Trial -
Edgeworth I

Statement 4 - Present - Autopsy Report

Question 1 - The Gun belonged to the victim

Edgeworth II

Statement 2 - Press

Statement 3 - Press

Statement 2 - Press

Question 1 - Press Harder

Question 2 - Grossberg/Godot

Question 3 - Franziska

Apollo I

Statement 3 - Present - Security Camera

Question 1 - Hidden Door

Apollo II

All Statements - Press

Statement 3 - Klavier

-To Be Continued
Akimbo_assassin

Re: [T] Turnabout-RONPA ●○○

Post by Akimbo_assassin »

Hey man, thanks for the shout out! I really like the idea of mixing the Ace Attorney and Danganronpa series together, so I'll be sure to try out your case!
Psychii

Post by Psychii »

Thanks, I appreciate it :larry: .Yeah, let me know what you think so far if you get the chance and good job on your DR:AA stuff aswell. :phoenix:
Diyarhan
Spoken languages: Turkish, English

Post by Diyarhan »

I should say that your images and sounds are not working fine. Only %75 of your sounds are working and for the images, %10 is not working.
(Apollo and Fransizka scene lmao :oops: )
Maybe i should do a review about your game.
The game was cool. Investigation segment was good but after first 10 minutes it was boring for me. But you did a great job i should say. Trial segment was good too. I really want to find the killer. Maybe you should update the case. There was some negative things too. But you did a good job. I am waiting for the trial and then edit my review. Thanks for the game. :phoenix:
Pigfaced

Post by Pigfaced »

This looks really interesting! I'm a huge fan of both series so I'm definitely checking this out. Only one question: are there any spoilers for any AA main-series games? Thanks in advance! :)
Diyarhan
Spoken languages: Turkish, English

Post by Diyarhan »

Pigfaced wrote:This looks really interesting! I'm a huge fan of both series so I'm definitely checking this out. Only one question: are there any spoilers for any AA main-series games? Thanks in advance! :)
Yes, there is for trilogy and apollo justice.