[C] Mr. Lawyer Cheater Guy: Crap Attorney (ded) ●●○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Pilzkopf777
Spoken languages: Deutsch

Re: [C] Mr. Lawyer Cheater Guy: Crap Attorney (2-5 is out!)

Post by Pilzkopf777 »

Okay, well that looks interresting.
If I have the time, I wanna play this.
It's the type of humor I love.
Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

Post by Spongesonic »

The Crappy Turnabout is undergoing some construction.

Don't worry, I'm not re-vamping the entire series, again. I'm just taking the trial down temporarily so I can make a few adjustments that (in my opinion) lead to a better overall experience.

You can also expect the same thing to happen to The Glass Turnabout in the near future. (Especially Part 1.)
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Spongesonic IN COURT wrote:The Crappy Turnabout is undergoing some construction.

Don't worry, I'm not re-vamping the entire series, again. I'm just taking the trial down temporarily so I can make a few adjustments that (in my opinion) lead to a better overall experience.

You can also expect the same thing to happen to The Glass Turnabout in the near future. (Especially Part 1.)
Ya better hurry up with Case 3 and Case 4!

I love this trial series, it starts off all bs and comedy, then just gets better.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

No, I haven't given up on this series in case anyone was wondering. I was just preoccupied with other things.

Anywho, y'know those renovations I was making to these trials? Well, I'm pleased to announced that they're all done!

All the trials have remained almost exactly the same with a few changes. (Text speed, better editing, adding evidence metadata, ect.) The only two trials that have drastically changed are The Crappy Turnabout (which is still mostly the same) and The Glass Turnabout: Part 1 (which you can barely recognize as the same thing anymore.)

With that out of the way, I can finally start working on Case 3 again.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Spongesonic IN COURT wrote:No, I haven't given up on this series in case anyone was wondering. I was just preoccupied with other things.

Anywho, y'know those renovations I was making to these trials? Well, I'm pleased to announced that they're all done!

All the trials have remained almost exactly the same with a few changes. (Text speed, better editing, adding evidence metadata, ect.) The only two trials that have drastically changed are The Crappy Turnabout (which is still mostly the same) and The Glass Turnabout: Part 1 (which you can barely recognize as the same thing anymore.)

With that out of the way, I can finally start working on Case 3 again.
Oh. My. GOD. This was one of the FIRST trials I've played on AAO! I can't wait to see what happens. Never has a case gone from "what the hell, this is stupid" to "oh my god THIS IS AWESOME" quite like this,.
Spongesonic

Re: [C] Mr. Lawyer Cheater Guy: Crap Attorney (ded)

Post by Spongesonic »

It's been over a year, Spongesonic! Where have you been?!

Busy. I'll just put it like that. Without going into too much detail, I'll just say that a lot has happened in my life as of late, and it's been taking a lot of time out of me.

Now, down to business. Why I am here.

Some of you may be aware of the "Dropboxalypse" that happened this month. If you don't know, basically, Dropbox has gotten rid of image, sound, and video hosting for good. This means that if you were hosting all of your external assets for trials on Dropbox, well, that's no longer an option anymore. Now, many people have made the switch to other hosting sites to keep their custom assets from going kaput, which makes sense. Nobody wants to have a trial where everything suddenly went missing, after all.

However, since I was pretty busy, I didn't hear about the Dropboxalypse until it was too late.

Now, the files weren't deleted from my account, but I was basically left with broken, messy trials. The amount of external links weren't staggering by any means, but it was enough to the point where it's very noticeable if you go back and play them now.

Well, if you still have the files, then you can upload them to different hosting sites like Imgur and GitHub and fix the missing assets, right?

That would be ideal... if it weren't for one crucial detail that completely overshadows everything.

I don't want to.

Huh?! Why not?!

It may or may not be obvious since I haven't given any updates to this series for over a year, but... I've lost interest in Mr. Lawyer Cheater Guy. What was once enthusiasm has turned into apathy.

I suppose that I could blame Dropbox and say that their stupid idea to take away hosting from the Public folder is what has broken my trials, but in truth, I couldn't really care less if I tried. Dropbox is just a dumb service that has now lost my support, but it isn't responsible for killing my series. I am. The Dropboxalypse is just what caused me to throw my hands up in the air and admit defeat.

But you said in your last post that you weren't giving up on this series!

Yeah, well, that post was also a year and a half ago, when I still actually had some small semblance of interest in this. That died out a while back.

Well, couldn't you just reboot the series again?

I'd rather just move on from this, to be frank.

Well... alright then... what happens now?

I'll probably end up deleting the trials. They are "broken" now, after all, and it's not like I'll miss them. They're just taking up space, as far as I'm concerned. For those that do like this series, I'd rather you remember them for how they were instead of how they are now. In fact, don't be surprised if the links to all my previous trials become synonymous with "404: Link not found".

However, from the ruins, hope can be rebuilt. While my enthusiasm for this series has died, my enthusiasm for a new project I am working on is even more fiery than when I first started this series. I don't wanna give away too many details on what it is yet, so I'll just dub it "Project Cross" for now.

"Project Cross?" What's that?

This is AAO. Take your best guess.

I put out a teaser image for what Project Cross would be back on the Topic of Randomness a while back... but the link to the image no longer works. Blame Dropbox.

In any case, to those of you who have played this series over the years, thank you for your support, but this is the end of the line. When everything is sorted out for Project Cross, I'll reveal more details, but for now, good-bye.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information