[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Post by Blackrune »

It's time for an intriguing yet incomplete competition entry: Turnabout of Courage!

It's set in an alternate universe. (what did you expect?)
Seeing how I wasn't able to complete it in time there are probably still some typos here and there.

Well, I shouldn't give too much away. Anything could happen. Have fun~

Part 1: Investigation
Part 2: Trial
Part 3 :Trial
Spoiler : Walkthrough Part 3 :
Bad Player wrote:Testimony 1:
Present Love Letters at Statement 5
Press Statement 5
Present Written Challenge at Statement 9
Present Larry’s Letter at Statement 11
Press Statement 15
(Proceed to the end of the testimony)

Retract accusation
Luke Atmey

Testimony 2:
Press Statement 2
No key at all?
Press Statement 3
Present Business Report at Statement 3
Press Statement 4
There is
Love Letters

Testimony 3:
Super-Present Cage and Business Report at Statement 8

Well that's only half the truth. :P

-go back to where you accused Luke
-accuse Phoenix Wright
-Present Key

Testimony:
-Don't feed the troll. Skip through the testimony 4 times, always selecting "No..." during the "co-council conversation"

Testimony:
-Super-present Cage + Business Report at "nothing suggests the use of an indirect murder weapon"

-He's absolutely right
-Present Autopsy Report

Testimony:
-Say that Phoenix actually did leave when pressing the first statement. Press all other statements
-Supra-Presenting should unlock. Initiate it.
- Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth, Truth, Lie
- Present Larry Butz, Miles Edgeworth, The Clock, and the Typed Challenge Letter

-Present Window
-Present Hazama

-Say that you can prove a motive
-Fear
-Present Larry's letter

-You can prove it with the court record
-Present Hazama
-Present Key
-Present Maria
Major parts of this case are based on a mystery from John Dickson Carr: "Hag's Nook". (And also "The Case of the Constant Suicides", albeit to a lesser extent.)
(so be warned if you're planning to read that and don't want it ruined.)
Last edited by Blackrune on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [C] Trial: Turnabout of Courage

Post by kwando1313 »

Yes! Finally! Playing now! Also, are you planning to finish this after the comp?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

I have the feeling I'd get lynched otherwise. ^^"
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

You will. I'll hammer it. So don't try anything funny. >:-(
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
SuperGanondorf
Spoken languages: American English, learning German

Post by SuperGanondorf »

No, BB is maf, don't let him hammer!

Yeah, it sounds pretty good from what everyone's saying. I'll play it when it's done, as I hate playing incomplete trials...
Main admin of the official AAO Chatroom
Ace Attorneys: Emerging Legacies Team Member
Creator of AAO's #1 Roleplay, Endless Time! Come join today!

It even has a TVTropes page!

ENDLESS TIME: WINNER OF BEST AAO RP
Also the winner of:
Spoiler : Endless Time's Awards :
Coolest Original Weapon or Power: The Relics
Best Villain: Thereme
Most Well-Written Character, Most Original Character Concept, Best Design: Narome (LunchPolice)
Most Depressing Character, Greatest Backstory: Kenneth Roymond (GuardianDreamer)
Greatest RP Moment Ever, Saddest Moment: Narome's Feeding off Mika
Best NPC: The Doctor (ShadowEdgeworth)
Best Fight Scene: Drey Wilkins vs. Narome (Drey Wilkins, LunchPolice)
Best World
Most Eccentric Character: Ewyn (GuardianDreamer)
Best Duo: Narome and Kea (LunchPolice, Paradoxinparticles)
Biggest Crowning Moment of Awesome: The Sabolin Battle
And Best GM: ME ;P
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

SuperGanondorf wrote:No, BB is maf, don't let him hammer!
Oh my god, a mafia reference. You just got 2 NN* points.

*= NN points may not be used in stores, online, or anywhere that requires money. Do not assume that they possess any kind of value.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Oh Rune, you troll you. (No plot spoilers or anything. >.<)

Phoenix: I'm the perfect assistant. My advice is never cryptic or vague.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Tiem for one of my crazy monster reviews~
Spoiler : :
LOLZELDA

lol genre-savvy

Zomg the killer is Maria?! Because someone stole her...... I forget what she was trying to steal in Virtual. Whatevs~

Silly Blackrune, this isn't the 'fall' competition :awesome:

Also, you're using apostrophes instead of number signs. Might wanna fix that

There's a comma splice in the description of the attorney's badge

ZOMG HOW OLD IS NICK HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS CASE WITHOUT KNOWING IF HE'S A GUY OR A GIRL

This is really random. So................................................................................................................ hm

ZOMG NICK IS THE MURDERER THIS IS THE PREQUEL TO GUNPEI'S COMP CASE

IZ NOT TOO DARK TO SEE THE LIT WINDOW

Or maybe it's his girlfriend that's the killer hmmm

"It's a pretty nice place once you get used to it."

Wait he chose lolwut

A year ago lolwut

Diego lolwut

husband lolwut

"How did Larry get inside?"

"Yeah, good thing I have a driver's license now.

"(I have one as well, you know!)"

Girlfriend = church owner = killer?

Weeeeeeell so much for no witnesses, I guess...?

Wait, I thought he was 12 minutes early. So 8 minutes early should be fine! :D

";Mia..." scrap the ; ^^'

Oh noez tragedy. I sure hope you don't pull a Tap on us >_>

Well that was abrupt lolz

CHANNEL HIM, MIA! CHANNEL HIM!

oh no let's just stand 50 feet away from the corpse to investigate it

"This looker bigger than it did from the outside."

"Don't think too hard about it." .........Wasn't that one of your sigs? xD

He fell from a high place. Mia and Nick didn't hear any sort of scream or anything, though. His watch is working.
Inferences: He fell from a window; he was knocked unconscious before falling

HMMM A KEY I WUNDUR WUT IT COULD BE

"Very funny. A 6-year-old child could have figured this out."

The door to the top of the tower was locked.
My guess: Either the murderer had their own copy of the key, or they took it from Larry (which he was unconscious?), locked the door on the way down, and then planted it back on Larry as they escaped. (Mia said the crime scene wasn't tampered with since they go there right away, but they obviously didn't get there fast enough for the criminal to not escape...)

Oh, Gummy. Not AU at all :3

There's a............ beta-ish symbol thing in there. For some reason. .__.

Oh Nick, you and your fourth-wall breaking.

We're you, Mia! We should hear what you say on the phone!

No sprite...? ZOMG IT WAS A GHOST

lolStickler. It was his church! That's why it was named "Stickler"! xD (You just like using him as a religious guy)

ZOMG BOOK SFX ILY

pfffffft the same guy? I thought he was just made up by Nick xD

"Yes, the act of taking another person's life."

So Peter wasn't the sender... Obviously Peter would have a key, but the sender did too, so... who was the sender? And wasn't there a candle...?

Presenting the window doesn't do anything .__.

Two keys here we go

ohai kristoph :3

Darn it, Nick, the fourth wall is already weak enough...!

I give your "expected/10" a expected/10

"Wait don't tell me..."

lolz, Mia said lawyerS

7m? How tall is that tower...? Also "October".

Maybe the candle was carried in the cage?

They say that Nick and Mia got there too fast for the criminal to plant the key, but then where did the criminal escape to...? It's possible the killer was in the room originally, but then there's the question of how he got in there before Larry (since it was probably locked) and doesn't change the fact that he left with it locked.

The possibility that the door was locked isn't too reassuring... Although months is plenty of time to make another key :P

Maria is jealous of... Mia's attorney's badge? ALSO SEE I TOTALLY CALLED MARIA BEING THE MURDERER

If Maria has been working here for a month, then that means that she got the job after the key was stolen...

Luna...? Maria started to say "La"....... hmmmmm

Maria knew about the letter to Luna. She could have created her own reply...

Screw all these typos I wanna play <3

Larry arrived 12 minutes early. So if he left at 11:50..... HMMMMMM

I feel like I've seen this CEO's Office before...

ZOMG IT'S ALICE

Oh hey Luna isn't it convenient that we meet you here :P

WHY DOESN'T THE PLOTTED PLANT HAVE A CONVO

Silly Mia, snooping through someone's computer when they're right there...

The IBO started ordering tons of ice in 2006.... but they were founded in 2014? OBJECTION!

10 minutes ahead...... So if this was the clock Maria used, then Edgey left at 10:30 and Larry at 11:40........... so he would've gotten to the church in 8 minutes.

ZOMG WHERE'D MIA'S CELL PHONE GO

Thinking time.
Last edited by Bad Player on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
NihilisticNinja

Hmm... in the investigation, and this locked room seems pretty easy to crack. There's just one thing that's causing my theory to fall apart (WINK).
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Hmm... It seems that it is too obvious if Luna or Edgeworth are our killers... So, I'm going to go on a limb and say it was Luke Atmey, who found out about the affair, and out of revenge, killed Larry.

NihilisticNinja

kwando1313 wrote:
Hmm... It seems that it is too obvious if Luna or Edgeworth are our killers... So, I'm going to go on a limb and say it was Luke Atmey, who found out about the affair, and out of revenge, killed Larry.
:objection:
How did Luke know that Larry would be at the church?

(I won't say if I disagree, or if I want to see how far you can take this...)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Thinking time :
I'm kinda suspecting Edgey...... Hm....

I'm gonna assume that Maria, Edgey, or Larry messed with the clock. And of them, Edgey seems the most likely. Plus, Larry's wristwatch has the correct time, so he should've known the correct time... I think Edgey altered the clock to trick Maria. But why did he need to trick her...?

Maria is pretty suspicious, but she started working a month ago while the key was stolen a few months ago, so unless she was planning it all the way back then...

Peter didn't hit Larry. The autopsy report said he had no other bruises. Wasn't it dark when Peter got there? Hmm... I think I'd like to go back and hear what he said again...

Luna says she didn't write the letter to Larry about the test of courage. It's possible that Edgey (or Maria :o) forged it. Or Luna could be lying.

I wonder if it's significant that the murder happened 52 minutes into the test? Could it not have happened at a different time? For instance, if the murderer had waited until the hour ended, it wouldn't have been suspicious for the light to go out. But then again, the murderer (assuming the murderer is the letter-writer) requested that Larry bring a witness, meaning the murderer wanted someone to see the light go out early and, presumably, come investigate. Perhaps so that the preservation of the crime scene would be confirmed...? (in order to rule out the possibility of the murderer planting the key in Larry's pocket afterwards)

That cage... Could that have been what Larry used to carry the candle? But Gumshoe said that there were no fingerprints on it, but shouldn't Larry's have been, too? Unless the murderer wiped them off, but then but why? Also also why was it knocked over to the side, with the candle not inside it?

Come to think of it, why did the murderer throw Larry out the window? If they had found Larry's body in the room with the key, the locked room murder would still be intact. One thing I can think of that it changes is the preservation of the crime scene. But the locked room would have done that itself. ...How high was the church tower, anyway? (It's kind of unfair to tell us how far Larry fell, but not how high the church tower is >_>)

But what if Larry wasn't thrown off from the top? What if he was intercepted in the stairwell or something... I said that Larry probably had the correct time because of his wristwatch, but what if he really was 10 minutes fast? He'd stop the test at around 12:50 and leave the room, where the murderer could catch him. But... he'd be relying on his wristwatch during the test, which had correct time. Also why would Larry have left the candle?

Anyway, if Larry wasn't thrown from the top, the murderer still had to get into that room in order to open the window. Peter met the figure in that room, so... hm....
NihilisticNinja

God guys, stop theorizing. You're making it so tempting... :P
Must. Keep. Promise. To. Blackrune...
But something to keep in mind- don't think too hard about it guys. Remember: the best mysteries are the ones that make the simple LOOK complicated.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

There were the love letters Larry was sending in the garbage... Maybe he saw Luna writing the letter?

NihilisticNinja

kwando1313 wrote:
NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

There were the love letters Larry was sending in the garbage... Maybe he saw Luna writing the letter?
But that raises the question: Why on Earth would Luna write a letter to the man she's having an affair with, in a place where Luke could spot her? Keep in mind, the letter specifically said that she would break up with Luke if he passed this test.