[T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ☆

Post by Bad Player »

Oh. Near the end of the QA, I said "pre-WAA" instead of "pre-AJ". Weird typo.

And Hodou is supposed to get his new computer soon(tm), so... let's hope for the best for him.

And you definitely, totally didn't. I also totally won't have fun playing the last two parts of Platinum early, because you also definitely didn't bribe me with that too
Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Congratulations. Sorry for dragging it out for so long.

My computer's been ordered, it's just taking forever to arrive. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor to BP soon.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

And I finally finished it!
Spoiler : :
If it hadn't been made before I joined, I honestly would have thought it is a poorly masked attempt to denounce me as an unpredictable, mendacious felon who plays psychological tricks on everyone. [I mean, Dee Jordur?]

Also, awesome trial. I enjoyed every second of it.

Total times sued: 10328
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

★ The QA inspection is complete. This case is now featured. Congratulations!

random side-note: every time you feature a part of the trial, it brings you back to the main "Play" page. So you have to go search the trial out again to feature the next part. annoying T_T

random side-note 2: NOBODY SAW THAT
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ★

Post by kwando1313 »

Congrats Thally! I knew you could do it~

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

I am going to play this soon. I am posting this message as a statement of intent. Fair evening to you all.
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

DeeYo wrote:And I finally finished it!
If it hadn't been made before I joined, I honestly would have thought it is a poorly masked attempt to denounce me as an unpredictable, mendacious felon who plays psychological tricks on everyone. [I mean, Dee Jordur?]

Also, awesome trial. I enjoyed every second of it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Oh, and I don't believe I ever explained that particular pun.
I swapped the first letters of "keyboarder". "Dee" was the only name I could think of that would make the pun work, and "DJ" didn't seem a bad choice of initials, given her work at the Wonder Bar. So no, no attempt against you. Just for insinuating that I'd do something like that, I should sue you. But I won't.
@ Bad Player and Kwando:

Thank you.

@ Naagloshii:

I'll look forward to your review! Don't hesitate to ask if you think something is glitched. The changes I made shouldn't have caused anything, but you never can tell.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

Spoiler : Part 1 comments; stream-of-consciousness style :
-Super intriguing prologue, oh man.
-THE CARDBOARD BADGE MAKES A VALIANT REAPPEARANCE.
-The wording on the evidence/profiles is perfectly Edgeworth. Love it.
-"Wild mare of a prosecutor"??? Edgeworth's skin would be whipped off if Franzy heard that.
-Lol Miles still thinks Payne's a custodian XD
-Mr. Canadian Judge is along for the ride? Nice.
-Oh no. The guard isn't Oldbag, is it??
-What sort of bank is open at midnight? :S
-Ah, it's a 'he' guard. Meekins?
-At least the robber was polite. "Sincerely, The Robber."
-IT'S A PROP GUN, ISN'T IT??
-Called it. Hey, Mike.
-Meekins is making me giggle madly. He's so perfectly and ineptly in character and I love it. Well done.
-"It is a kung fu technique that I have practiced since I was a youth, sir. A youth!"
-Arg, I hate when you successfully object only to end up back in the same testimony. /sob
-Of course Edgeworth would be the sort of person to know what aglets are.
-…I knew what aglets were before Edgeworth said it. WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME?!?!?
-"My generation is careless and needs to be supervised at all times!" QFT, Meekins.
-Hm. The woman in the picture is definitely holding a black gun.
-Oh look, now I need to point it out. Good thing I looked carefully earlier!
-Somebody was definitely trying to frame Trucy, mhmmm.
-I can't get over how well you write Edgeworth. It's awesome.
-"Mr. Payne, do you have a response that uses words?" lmfao
-Payne is actually semi-competent. I'm impressed.
-"Tear it asunder" - beautiful~
-Damn. I really thought I had something there. Didn't someone say that Trucy's gun didn't have any glove marks on it?!?! Anyway…
-Loving the co-counsel advice that Hobohodou is giving. It's perfectly in character and very astute.
-Dee Jordur is a rather… antagonistic person.
-"A very angry cooking student."
-Yes, Payne, I honestly do think you'd indict someone without proof. You're definitely the type.
-Dee Jordur clearly doesn't like Trucy much. Professional envy, maybe?
-Wow that testimony was really full of holes.
-"She took the money to get rich and impress boys." - Wow, Payne, you have a full and total understanding of the teenage girl psyche.
-How dare you call Trucy ugly?!?!?! YOU'RE THE UGLY ONE!!!!! /calms down from psychotic overprotective rage
-Dee Jordur's music is awesome, though.
-I'm not sure why, but I'm loving this train of thought of Edgeworth's (whether or not to ask Jordur for more testimony). It feels super realistic and I love the insight into Edgeworth's character… IDK, man, it's awesome.
-Geeze, it's really easy to fail this game :S Or maybe I'm just dumb.
-I love how EVERYONE is impressed with Payne in this trial… even the judge.
-So much pressure on me right now. I LIVE TO PRESS EVERY STATEMENT. I LIKE THE CONVERSATIONS. ARG.
-Bahaha nice reference to 'The Stolen Turnabout'. Love it.
-"The biggest contradiction I have ever seen as a lawyer" - That doesn't feel right XD
-"Look for any additional hats" - I think Edgeworth's seriousness over that statement is why it seems so absolutely silly.
-Come on now, Edgeworth, Nick has been totally helpful.
-You are so awesome at writing all of these characters. It's killing me.
-I fully believe that Jordur is the robber but… the brown hairs…. Those are going to be a problem soon, I can tell.
-I don't believe the detectives would tell the witness facts of the case, but… it WAS Gumshoe, so it would be hard to argue that point XD
-Loving the banter between Edgeworth and Nick. It's funny, because six years ago, it would have been Edgeworth keeping cool while Nick flew off the handle. Now, Nick is hardened - he's gone through so much - and Edgeworth is the one anxiously fighting for the truth. Very, very cool.
-Woah, that got serious.
-"She's so professional while being completely unprofessional! Sort of like you, Mr. Edgeworth!" Ouch XD
-And there's the mask. Crap.
-Edgeworth always seems to underestimate people, doesn't he?
-But I'd really like to know how to make a proper bowl of pasta…. Can I make her testify about that?!?!
-That testimony was weird and obviously invented. Ugh.
-Loving the playoff beard reference. As a Canadian woman those are things I've dealt with frequently XD
-SHE KEEPS CHANGING HER STORY ARG.
-….Oh. She's insane. That explains it.
-"I know an oven you can use to finish it."
-How typical of Edgeworth to give a history lesson in the middle of court.
-Op the flying spaghetti monster has been implicated. Everyone run for your lives.
-Now a magic panties reference. SO MUCH GOLD IN SUCH A SHORT SPAN OF TIME!
-Wait…. what's happening?! A… Hoser Inquisition…?
-Nice logic sequence here :D
-LMFAO hockey rinks.
-Aw, has Payne been guilty in a Hoser Inquisition before? Poor guy.
-"Uniquely positioned to pilfer that pistol." Alliteration makes me happy.
-Aw, Nick just referred to Ema! Yay, SCIENCE!
-HE'S BEEN READING A SELF-HELP BOOK?!?!?! AW, PAYNE, YOU'RE SO SAD.
-I am so confused. How did a dead woman's hair get into that ski mask?
Spoiler : Part 2 comments; stream-of-consciousness style :
-Quit your whining, Edgey.
-…But it wouldn't kill you to give some legitimate advice, Nick.
-Edgeworth, taking a moral stand against Nick. Awesome.
-What's Nick's deal? There's something going on there…
-Oh, Meekins. That's not a recommendation, love.
-"Ask an associate or FBI agent for any questions you may have." - So very polite indeed!
-THE LABOUR UNION SAVED GUMSHOE'S LIFE! LONG LIVE UNIONS!
-Poor Gumshoe. The guy always gets run over. By emotional trucks of guilt and disappointment.
-But why would a super rich chick need to steal 200K?
-Lol Lordly Tailor's cravat sale made me chuckle
-I love that there was a Blue Badger movie
-"For once, perjury is being taken seriously in our courts." FINALLY. HALLELUJAH
-"Magic told me", yeah, that'll fly.
-Ah, Psycholocks!
-I'm fairly certain that Abigail donated her hair before joining the military, but how to prove it… I must have missed something. Back to the investigation!
-….My life points are still flashing.
-I find it hilarious that clicking all over gets "there are no clues here" but clicking on the pillow (which is basically an innocuous object) gets a comment XD Somewhat suspect.
-Ahahahahaha MLP. AWESOME.
-MLP vs. The Steel Samurai. Well, at least Edgey's favourite show wasn't cancelled!
-"The Canterlot team's theory was crazier than pineapple-upside-down-cake. (Really, it's upside-down!!!)"
-"How can they rationalize tearing up a family like that?" I sense something deeper, here… "Do anything to ease the pain.." like develop a split personality that's angry at everything to protect yourself from further hurt, maybe?
-Ha, called the wig thing. But DNA evidence on hair could never last through being made into a wig, and then several months past that, just saying. The DNA is in the skin on the follicle, not from the hair itself :P
-WOAH THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. SAHWIT?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
-So this is revenge on the Wrights, I suppose?
-Oh, the Psycholocks showed up this time! (They didn't last time.) Cool!
-The text is going suuuuper slow this time. My computer is having a rough time processing all of this, I suppose. IT'S IN SHOCK OVER THAT REVELATION, SAME AS I AM.
-Funner is so a word, Edgeworth >_>
-Op, it's the epic return of crazypants.
-Just bluff, you maniac. For once in your life, BLUFF.
-Ah yes, the old 'eye for an eye' code.
-PHOENIX WAS PRETENDING HE DIDN'T CARE.
-He WAS the murderer, crazypants.
-Lol Nick totally WAS enamoured with Mia.
-Okay, so she's not crazy; she's freaking brilliant.
-Oh, Edgeworth, the only reason you don't understand is because you haven't really loved anyone since your father was murdered.
-They both knew, didn't they? Trucy and Nick both knew the whole story going in. Jerks.
-They bet on Edgeworth?! I LOVE THE WRIGHTS SO MUCH.
-CALLED IT. HE WAS PRETENDING :D
-Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. THAT'S why he could see the Psyche-locks. BRILLIANT.
-They played poker while Edgeworth was running around proving Trucy's innocence. Love it.
-"Think of it like chess. You were the pawn." I'M LAUGHING SO HARD. POOR EDGEWORTH.
-Oh god, Oldbag. Edgey should never be alone with this woman. She'll eat him.
-BEST. TROLLING. EVER.
-I'm going to listen to the whole song :D
-Never mind, I'm going insane.
-Oh dear lord did he just shoot at her?
-…Now I feel bad for liking Nick's plan.
-Oh man, they really HAVE switched places entirely.
-"I WILL HAVE A STEEL SAMURAI MARATHON TONIGHT!"
Spoiler : Overall thoughts :
This was a fantastic case! The writing was amazing, the characterizations were clever and spot-on, the story was inventive and challenging enough to be engaging without being super frustrating (though finding that freaking diary nearly made me tear my hair out; I knew there had to be something else in that room but I COULDN'T FIND IT). There were a few minor spelling errors (I didn't point them out because they weren't major and I didn't really care; pretty sure there are more grammatical/spelling errors in the actual games XD) and some glitchyness with the Psyche-locks which was probably caused by my computer, but they didn't hamper the story in any way. It felt like an official game, and a few times I had to go back and write comments because I got so caught up in the plot that I forgot I was playing a fan game. This definitely earned its featured status and I'm really, REALLY glad I decided to play it :D
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Thank you for the review! (And fulfilling the request in the art forum, while I'm at it.)

I'm very appreciative of your comments, and I'll be looking into the errors you mentioned later today. I know what caused the flashing life bar, but the text slow-down is probably due to your own computer. I'll double-check the text speed anyways.

And if you thought finding that piece of evidence was bad now, just ask Bad Player about how it was earlier.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I never remembered this being featured, late congrats Enthalpy ;)
rosebudmelissa

Post by rosebudmelissa »

Hi, I'm playing through the second part of the trial, and I got stuck. I looked at your walkthrough, but can't figure out what I did wrong.
I have the Banking Records, Diary, and Wig, and I've talked to Gumshoe and shown him the Diary and the Wig, but when I go to the Detention Center I can't ask Dee Jorder about her earrings. I can ask her about keys, but all she tells me is that she doesn't want people snooping. It also sounds like Gumshoe is supposed to move to the Criminal Affairs Department. That hasn't happened. Is Phoenix supposed to show up other places after you leave the Wright Anything Agency? I haven't seen him.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Try going through all the steps listed on the walkthrough. Maybe you missed one? From the sounds of it, you can't get to Step 18. Try re-doing all the previous steps.

If that fails, please give me a link to your save data and tell me whether you are using v5 or v6. That allows me to see precisely what the problem is.
BlasterBlade

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ●

Post by BlasterBlade »

Enthalpy wrote:
Other people have reported this bug. If the background doesn't load, leave the current location and then return to it. That should fix the problem, although I haven't encountered it myself.
i have a problem.......i cant get to criminal affairs.....also when i go to the wright anything agency.cant find pheonix.i have the diary and the wig....i think it is a glitch.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Could you send me a copy of your save data? That would help me identify the problem.

Also, are you using v5 or v6?
BlasterBlade

Post by BlasterBlade »

V6