[T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ●

Post by Gav »

I.

HATE.

YOU.

SO.

MUCH.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

That's what you get for accusing me of plot-holes. <3
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Starting to plaaaaaaaaaaaay. Though I'll probably end before Part 1. Cuz, imma too lazy to finish this. Unless I can breeze through this investigation. :/

Also, you won't get text commentary. Just end thoughts, I guess. :/

EDIT: Wait... It's not an investigation for the first part? O.o
Last edited by kwando1313 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Well, I can guarantee you'll breeze through the investigation. :3
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I haven't yet completed the trial, but I'm so amused.
Spoiler : My Thoughts: :
1. Judge makes this all much more real. It was good idea to make him more serious person.
2. Music is outstanding.
3. Why do you mention Phoenix when main character is actually him?
4. Most usually player doesn't have to click any time during flasbacks... I don't know what to think.
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Quick replies~
~Dataman~ wrote:I haven't yet completed the trial, but I'm so amused.
Spoiler : My Thoughts: :
1. Judge makes this all much more real. It was good idea to make him more serious person.
2. Music is outstanding.
Thank you. Can't go wrong with Umineko! ^^
Well, that isn't Phoenix. That's a completely different character with Phoenix's sprites.
4. Most usually player doesn't have to click any time during flasbacks... I don't know what to think.
Well, I discovered that making people sit through 5 hours of text can get boring, so I just let them click and go on their own pace. And if memory serves, I'm fairly sure they actually DID click through them. :/
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

:holdit:
I'm about to extend this to constructive speaking!

Spoiler : :
2. Music is outstanding.
Actually I would like to know who's the artist. Is she/he popular?
Well, that isn't Phoenix. That's a completely different character with Phoenix's sprites.
Why on earth? :judge:
Well, I discovered that making people sit through 5 hours of text can get boring, so I just let them click and go on their own pace. And if memory serves, I'm fairly sure they actually DID click through them. :/
But why to make 5 hours of text? Ever heard about "saying things briefly"?
And one more question: Why there is no councilgirl? I feel sooo lonely... :cry:
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

~Dataman~ wrote::holdit:
I'm about to extend this to constructive speaking!

2. Music is outstanding.
Well, it's not just one artist. From what I remember, it's dai, zts... The rest are individual artists whose names I don't remember. Just YouTube Umineko music or something similar and you should be able to find most of the soundtrack.
Because he was the most appropriate sprite I found for Cross, from both already existing and custom libraries. It's something quite oftenly used when people don't want to create whole new sprites when either tied by time or just fail to find the artists.
Trust me. Nothing in this trial is "brief". And most of these flashbacks are for character development. And hey, sometimes you have to do things on your own~
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Spoiler : Part 1 Thoughts :
Now that I"m actually /back/ to my laptop, let's type some thoughts, shall we?

First Testimony. Not too bad. (Though, I want to say that I find it a bit irksome when it says that she followed him into the building.... When she arrived a full hour or more after him. And that you won't let me present that as a contradiction. >.<)
First Non-Testimony Present: Save scumming! Yay!~ You win by presenting nothing! Good trick there!
Second Testimony: So now Masterson is testifying? Hmm... Seems to be quite similar to before... Oh! What's this! A playing card? Interesting tidbit to keep in mind... Oh. No contradictions. Just a bunch of presses. Oh wellz.

Hmm... A masked figure now. Interesting. Our murderer is inside the courtroom? Hmm... Interesting. This /does/ remind of ToC with the whole chessmaster in the background action.

Oh, that's a nice custom sprite there. Also, nice music too.
Uh oh, there's a visual glitch here. It just keeps scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. (It's right after Eisenhower re-introduces himself to the court)
Third Testimony: It seems that errybody loves vagueness. Wahoo. Then, we get even more fun! :D Avoiding leaks and cheats? :p OH GOSH WHY IS EISENHOWER'S PROFILE A FLOATING HEAD THAT'S JUST REALLY CREEPY. Also, Dawn's eyes are really creepy too. It's like she's staring into my soul. But what does this have to do with the testimony? Nothing, really. :/ Also, wouldn't Eisenhower have heard the window break... Yet he didn't testify to it? O.o Oh. I get to present that fact now. Well, ok. >.< I got to now. And it seems that he wasn't on the floor. And oh my, our defendant seems to part of this conspiracy as well... Interesting...

Hmm... Quite a conundrum here. No unfair difficulty yet yesiree, but this seems to be quite a fascinating case. I'll continue this off... After I play part 1 of Gumping's Trial!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

DWaM wrote:
2. Music is outstanding.
Well, it's not just one artist. From what I remember, it's dai, zts... The rest are individual artists whose names I don't remember. Just YouTube Umineko music or something similar and you should be able to find most of the soundtrack.
Thank you! Btw, first results for 'Umineko' were some kind of horror...
Because he was the most appropriate sprite I found for Cross, from both already existing and custom libraries. It's something quite oftenly used when people don't want to create whole new sprites when either tied by time or just fail to find the artists.
Now I understood. :) Is it possible to see original pictures for Cross somewhere?
Trust me. Nothing in this trial is "brief". And most of these flashbacks are for character development. And hey, sometimes you have to do things on your own~
Yes. From the very beginning, it looked so complicated, but in good way. :) Pictures in starting were really epic, it must have been much work to make them.
Let me still say: Defendant saying she is guilty is kind of PW-cliche. :wink:

My Art Thread
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

@~Dataman~:
-Aha, just go with "Umineko OST". Umineko is a visual novel, however the anime is often classified as "horror". If you just want the soundtrack, again, just enter that - "Umineko OST" into YouTube and you'll find the tracks.

-Cross doesn't have an original sprite. ^^" If he did, I probably would've gone with that.

-The images didn't really take that long to make, actually. All it requires is some basic GIMP knowledge.
@kwando:
kwando1313 wrote:
Spoiler : Part 1 Thoughts :
Now that I"m actually /back/ to my laptop, let's type some thoughts, shall we?

First Testimony. Not too bad. (Though, I want to say that I find it a bit irksome when it says that she followed him into the building.... When she arrived a full hour or more after him. And that you won't let me present that as a contradiction. >.<)
Well, yes, I admit that's actually quite a bit of an irksome thing. XD But, it only says she followed him in the "office", not the building itself, no?
First Non-Testimony Present: Save scumming! Yay!~ You win by presenting nothing! Good trick there!
Oh... You don't want to kill me... Disappointing.
Second Testimony: So now Masterson is testifying? Hmm... Seems to be quite similar to before... Oh! What's this! A playing card? Interesting tidbit to keep in mind... Oh. No contradictions. Just a bunch of presses. Oh wellz.
It's obligatory for there to be a detective testimony with only presses!
Hmm... A masked figure now. Interesting. Our murderer is inside the courtroom? Hmm... Interesting. This /does/ remind of ToC with the whole chessmaster in the background action.
Yeah, I was sorta going for a bit of a omage to ToC. :P
Oh, that's a nice custom sprite there. Also, nice music too.
Uh oh, there's a visual glitch here. It just keeps scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. (It's right after Eisenhower re-introduces himself to the court)
Hm... Strange, must've accidentally put a 40 instead of a 20... Will take a look.
Third Testimony: It seems that errybody loves vagueness. Wahoo. Then, we get even more fun! :D Avoiding leaks and cheats? :p OH GOSH WHY IS EISENHOWER'S PROFILE A FLOATING HEAD THAT'S JUST REALLY CREEPY. Also, Dawn's eyes are really creepy too. It's like she's staring into my soul. But what does this have to do with the testimony? Nothing, really. :/ Also, wouldn't Eisenhower have heard the window break... Yet he didn't testify to it? O.o Oh. I get to present that fact now. Well, ok. >.< I got to now. And it seems that he wasn't on the floor. And oh my, our defendant seems to part of this conspiracy as well... Interesting...

Hmm... Quite a conundrum here. No unfair difficulty yet yesiree, but this seems to be quite a fascinating case. I'll continue this off... After I play part 1 of Gumping's Trial!
Well, glad you're linking it so far... (Inronically enough, now you'll come face-to-face with, what is apparently, the most annoying testimony of the trial. ...For me and the players).
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Let's play a game! It's called, let's start Part 2! And now, it's probs going to be more real commentary. (But be warned, my commentaries are really... boring. And short.) :(
Spoiler : Part 2 GOOOOOOOO! :
So, we're from where we left off.
Have I mentioned how creepy Apol-I mean E's eyes look?
Also, I'm surprised you went the OC route... I mean, everybody likes seeing canon characters turning evil! :D
And, it seems this trial has very... your characteristics in it. Rather than a murder mystery that one can logically solve from the beginning, it's a trial that slowly unravels its true form. I like both of those styles, so, it's quite nice to see this style of trial after playing a crazy amount of Blackrune trials where theorying is common.
"(Almost as if it was all part of some sort of script or something...)" Haha, you don't say Cross. ;)
Hey! I recognize this music! It's the same one that ApolloGrimoire uses for Heartbreaking! (I must say, I love this piece).
Hmm... Our next witness used to be part of the courts? Phoenix Wright?
Does this case have no investigation? That's... an interesting factor. But I guess that means 3 court parts, instead.
Hey! A co-council! That's so nice! :p
Totally called it. :D
"He looks just like you!" Totally not leaning on the fourth wall here, are we? :p
Phoenix Wright... Totally on the side of trolling. Calling it now, Hazama's /totally/ going to appear in this trial right? :p
"Heh, in fact, you sorta remind me of my daughter!" STOP LEANING ON THE FOURTH WALL PHOENIX WRIGHT!
Yani Yogi's theme? That's... a strange theme to associate Nick with.
Nick! Why must you cause me trouble with your testimony????
It seems like this testimony... Is just a minefield! :(
So. Much. Save. Scumming.
So none of the points in that first statement are worth it. Great.
"My english teacher always said I was no good at describing people." Yup. You were a terrible student Nick. And you should feel shame.
Hey! This isn't the outside of court! This is Halls Malls! :awesome:
Man, what's with both you and Gumping's trial having a theme against Injustice? Did you guys like go to a planning party together or something? ;)
And both of you guys talking about the Gavinneers. I'm convinced there's some sort of conspiracy here.
So many minetraps. Though, tbh, they are all fair contradictions at this point. Not seeing the reason for the hate yet. :/
I mean, right now, I haven't resorted to source-coding yet!
Oh, I see why now. Lots of mini-contradictions, yet the big one is hard to find. :/
Well... This is interesting. We have 2 tales that we can listen to. Is one the truth? Or are they both telling the truth? TIME TO SAVE SCUM AND FIND OUT!~
Hmm... She "entered" twice? Or were there merely two of them?
Wait, the phone? And I have to solve what the code is? Despite the fact I don't know what it is? Uh oh. Save scums galore!
Had to cheat in order to get the answer there. >.< I feel bad for that.
And we somehow got an alibi now? Interesting...
And she goes and turns it around? Whatta jerk.
AND MASTERSON SAVES THE DAY HOORAY!
Oh yeah! Objection 2002 Orchestrated!
Unlimited penalty? Save scumming time!
Jeesh, it's not Nick's testimony that's hard, it's the stuff after it! :(
More unlimited penalties? Jeesh, when you draw inspiration from ToC, that's not the part I was hoping you'd draw from. :/
So hmm... I've reached the end of this part. And it turns out our killer is Masterson eh? Interesting... Oh wellz, time for part 3.

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : the end :
Am I correct in assuming "Turnabout of Today" is just a joke that is never going to actually be made?

(Considering..........................)
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

And now, it is a harrowing tale. A tale, of the end, hopefully, of this trial. For it is Trial, Part 3.
Spoiler : Part 3: A Conclusion, Perhaps? :
Fake names? Couldn't stick a Naota Faekename here could you. :(
I had to cheat here. I'm sorry. :(
I'm surprised we've done so much with so little evidence. I mean, we only have 6 pieces of evidence.
Actually, speaking of which. Where did my attorney's badge disappear off to? This could be the key to the entire case! :(
Chess metaphors. Beautiful, beautiful chess metaphors.
This murder happened both earlier and after! Yay for paradoxes! :p
All men fall! Yes, yes they do. Well, at least, according to you.
Also, I'm fairly certain I know what this contradiction is. It's cuz the security guards change shift right?
Oh good. I did have the right contradiction! (It's just a really weird way of presenting it. :/)
And here we have, another Masterful Masterton testimony.
"(Tch. I think this flu is starting to get wrose... As if the cough wasn't bad enough...)" It is getting worse! It's affecting your spelling too! :p
OH MY STOP IT WITH THESE DIFFICULT TESTIMONIES DWAM STOP IT IT'S MAKING ME SAD.
Excellent. Objection 2008 Orchestrated. I love that version!
GK2 Music! I love GK2 music! (Except, I don't know why you didn't use the superior orchestrated version but...)
Hmm... How do I prove he used a scaffolding? Interesting...
OMG! E never fell off the 9th floor? What a surprise! (not sarcastic, btw.)
And I proved it with the window! It's like the chair! :D
I think that using the Autopsy Report and the Window should work for this "Super-Present"...
Uhh... Choosing I can't prove it just gets me stuck in an infinite loop. I guess this is how you're making it a Never Ending Turnabout?
Oh, the headache. Poor Cross. :(
Concealing evidence? That's always... interesting.
Woah, recording the convo we had with the defendant? Not cool, man.
"October 15, 13:51 PM District Court Defendant Lobby no. 2 " 13:51PM?
Oh, T&T court theme? That's always a heavy one.
Super objections? Fun! Considering I have no idea what I'm doing right now.
Well, considering I tried to cheat through it... And it didn't work... I'm just going to avancement. :(
Oh, I figured out the +58 part though! Yay!~
That was a fun way to turn things around Cross. ;)
Are we finally at an end? Will Masterson finally be caught?
Excellent. GK2 orchestra music. My fave.
So Masterson... Killed him in justifiable self-defense?
Lol, Masterson shoots down that very explanation. :p
Who is this final victim? Well, I'd say Masterson, old sport!
Woah, and I'm right? What's happening here...
Wait. Wait. What? WHAT WHAAAAAAAT????
We've been deceived? Cross is the true E? Interesting.
Hmm... And now we get another real stuff. This certainly is a good twist from the generic "good" and "bad" ending. I like it.
And this is totes getting nominated for awards this year, for sure.
So the way to win... Is to lose? Interesting.
Love the look on Cross's face when Yalt gets declared guilty. ;)
Well... That was quite... Dark, to say the least.

DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler : the end :
Am I correct in assuming "Turnabout of Today" is just a joke that is never going to actually be made?

(Considering..........................)
Yes, you are correct. ;)
@kwando:

Selected replies in red~
kwando1313 wrote:Let's play a game! It's called, let's start Part 2! And now, it's probs going to be more real commentary. (But be warned, my commentaries are really... boring. And short.) :(
Spoiler : Part 2 GOOOOOOOO! :
So, we're from where we left off.
Have I mentioned how creepy Apol-I mean E's eyes look?
Also, I'm surprised you went the OC route... I mean, everybody likes seeing canon characters turning evil! :D
Oh, this is something I infamously love. I mean, who can resist people like Black Battora? <3
And, it seems this trial has very... your characteristics in it. Rather than a murder mystery that one can logically solve from the beginning, it's a trial that slowly unravels its true form. I like both of those styles, so, it's quite nice to see this style of trial after playing a crazy amount of Blackrune trials where theorying is common.
Yeah, but I sorta consider it one of my flaws, too. :/ I'm really not that good at actually creating and laying out mysteries, simply because I get caught up in the dialogue that I lose touch in how to actually give the player enough hints and the solution. :/
"(Almost as if it was all part of some sort of script or something...)" Haha, you don't say Cross. ;)
Hey! I recognize this music! It's the same one that ApolloGrimoire uses for Heartbreaking! (I must say, I love this piece).
Hmm... Our next witness used to be part of the courts? Phoenix Wright?
Does this case have no investigation? That's... an interesting factor. But I guess that means 3 court parts, instead.
Yeah, it was meant to be trial-only from the start (mainly because... there wouldn't be much to investigate, really).
Hey! A co-council! That's so nice! :p
Totally called it. :D
"He looks just like you!" Totally not leaning on the fourth wall here, are we? :p
Phoenix Wright... Totally on the side of trolling. Calling it now, Hazama's /totally/ going to appear in this trial right? :p
"Heh, in fact, you sorta remind me of my daughter!" STOP LEANING ON THE FOURTH WALL PHOENIX WRIGHT!
Yani Yogi's theme? That's... a strange theme to associate Nick with.
Nick! Why must you cause me trouble with your testimony????
It seems like this testimony... Is just a minefield! :(
...Hm. Ironically enough, up until today, I considered this the easiest testimony of the case, simply because I assume people would be able to easily tell which question is the right one... ^^"
So. Much. Save. Scumming.
So none of the points in that first statement are worth it. Great.
"My english teacher always said I was no good at describing people." Yup. You were a terrible student Nick. And you should feel shame.
Hey! This isn't the outside of court! This is Halls Malls! :awesome:
Man, what's with both you and Gumping's trial having a theme against Injustice? Did you guys like go to a planning party together or something? ;)
And both of you guys talking about the Gavinneers. I'm convinced there's some sort of conspiracy here.
Nah. That's just what we want you to think. ;)
So many minetraps. Though, tbh, they are all fair contradictions at this point. Not seeing the reason for the hate yet. :/
I mean, right now, I haven't resorted to source-coding yet!
Oh, I see why now. Lots of mini-contradictions, yet the big one is hard to find. :/
Well... This is interesting. We have 2 tales that we can listen to. Is one the truth? Or are they both telling the truth? TIME TO SAVE SCUM AND FIND OUT!~
Hmm... She "entered" twice? Or were there merely two of them?
Wait, the phone? And I have to solve what the code is? Despite the fact I don't know what it is? Uh oh. Save scums galore!
The code really isn't that hard, as I'm sure you discovered. It's actually not an original trick, either... :P
Had to cheat in order to get the answer there. >.< I feel bad for that.
And we somehow got an alibi now? Interesting...
And she goes and turns it around? Whatta jerk.
AND MASTERSON SAVES THE DAY HOORAY!
Oh yeah! Objection 2002 Orchestrated!
Unlimited penalty? Save scumming time!
Jeesh, it's not Nick's testimony that's hard, it's the stuff after it! :(
More unlimited penalties? Jeesh, when you draw inspiration from ToC, that's not the part I was hoping you'd draw from. :/
Welp... Sorry man, but I was sorta going with the mindset that this would be played by the people who made possibly the most difficult contradictions of all time, sooo... Think of it was a personal vendetta. (...Which failed because I gave them a walkthrough, but... :P)
So hmm... I've reached the end of this part. And it turns out our killer is Masterson eh? Interesting... Oh wellz, time for part 3.
kwando1313 wrote:And now, it is a harrowing tale. A tale, of the end, hopefully, of this trial. For it is Trial, Part 3.
Spoiler : Part 3: A Conclusion, Perhaps? :
Fake names? Couldn't stick a Naota Faekename here could you. :(
I had to cheat here. I'm sorry. :(
I will forgive you.
I'm surprised we've done so much with so little evidence. I mean, we only have 6 pieces of evidence.
Yeah, because making a huge evidence dump, especially in a smaller crime like this would lead to... problematics, to say the least. :P
Actually, speaking of which. Where did my attorney's badge disappear off to? This could be the key to the entire case! :(
Yeeeeah, that was a bug that I accidentally caused. ^^" It's fixed now.
Chess metaphors. Beautiful, beautiful chess metaphors.
This murder happened both earlier and after! Yay for paradoxes! :p
All men fall! Yes, yes they do. Well, at least, according to you.
Well, figuratively and literally, they do, as far as I'm concerned. XD
Also, I'm fairly certain I know what this contradiction is. It's cuz the security guards change shift right?
Oh good. I did have the right contradiction! (It's just a really weird way of presenting it. :/)
Well, he DID say it... Maybe I should add the option for the list to work, as well?
And here we have, another Masterful Masterton testimony.
"(Tch. I think this flu is starting to get wrose... As if the cough wasn't bad enough...)" It is getting worse! It's affecting your spelling too! :p
OH MY STOP IT WITH THESE DIFFICULT TESTIMONIES DWAM STOP IT IT'S MAKING ME SAD.
Excellent. Objection 2008 Orchestrated. I love that version!
GK2 Music! I love GK2 music! (Except, I don't know why you didn't use the superior orchestrated version but...)
Hmm... How do I prove he used a scaffolding? Interesting...
OMG! E never fell off the 9th floor? What a surprise! (not sarcastic, btw.)
And I proved it with the window! It's like the chair! :D
I think that using the Autopsy Report and the Window should work for this "Super-Present"...
Uhh... Choosing I can't prove it just gets me stuck in an infinite loop. I guess this is how you're making it a Never Ending Turnabout?
Hm, yes, I think I know why this happened, as well. Should be fixed now.
Oh, the headache. Poor Cross. :(
Concealing evidence? That's always... interesting.
Woah, recording the convo we had with the defendant? Not cool, man.
"October 15, 13:51 PM District Court Defendant Lobby no. 2 " 13:51PM?
Right, suppose there's no real need for that 13:51 since there's a PM there...
Oh, T&T court theme? That's always a heavy one.
Super objections? Fun! Considering I have no idea what I'm doing right now.
Well, considering I tried to cheat through it... And it didn't work... I'm just going to avancement. :(
Oh, I figured out the +58 part though! Yay!~
That was a fun way to turn things around Cross. ;)
Are we finally at an end? Will Masterson finally be caught?
Excellent. GK2 orchestra music. My fave.
So Masterson... Killed him in justifiable self-defense?
Lol, Masterson shoots down that very explanation. :p
Who is this final victim? Well, I'd say Masterson, old sport!
Woah, and I'm right? What's happening here...
Wait. Wait. What? WHAT WHAAAAAAAT????
Ah, see, THERE'S a reaction I wanted to see.
We've been deceived? Cross is the true E? Interesting.
Hmm... And now we get another real stuff. This certainly is a good twist from the generic "good" and "bad" ending. I like it.
And this is totes getting nominated for awards this year, for sure.
So the way to win... Is to lose? Interesting.
Love the look on Cross's face when Yalt gets declared guilty. ;)
Well... That was quite... Dark, to say the least.
Yeah, that was actually how it was supposed to end from the get-go.. An ending in which there really is no winner and, in a way, everyone (but Yalt sorta) ends up losing everything they have.
Thanks for playing! :D