[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DJJ6800
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Post by DJJ6800 »

Spoiler : :
He moved to the study through the right side of the manor and entered through the dining room. From there, he locked the door and moved back to the library through the same way, avoiding being seen by Albert in the process.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Spoiler : DJJ6800 :
These keys lock those doors leading into the study from the outside only.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Right. The dining room was locked too. Okay here’s my idea. I stand by Edgeworth moving through the dining room to get to the study. From there, he locked the door to the cellar but placed the key to the dining room in the study. Then, he went back to the library. Phoenix, meanwhile, went back to the study. (Albert seeing him is irrelevant because in my theory, Phoenix is Albert’s real master.) From there, he took the key to the dining room, locked it, and went back to the cellar with said key.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Well you and the Master were the only two to enter the central hallway from that point onward.
I can confirm this statement as fact. Alfred only saw you two enter the hallway from that point onward.

I didn't notice anything else suspicious while I was guarding the central hallway.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Why would a loyal butler suspect anything suspicious from his master? Assuming of course that Phoenix is Albert’s real master.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Touché. However, the wine cellar door could not be locked by Edgeworth from inside the study. The only way to lock it would be to lock it from the other side, or from within the wine cellar. The same logic applies for locking the dining room.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Okay. So if these doors have gaps on the bottom, this helps the following theory. Phoenix locks the door leading to the left hallway and passes through the main hallway to the study. He enters the cellar through the study and locks himself in. He then slides the key under the door to Edgeworth, who is also in the study and Edgeworth makes his way back to the library through the dining room, locking the doors in the process.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Sounds good so far, but you need to give me a full theory in blue text to account for Franziska's disappearing act and the murders of Larry and Franziska.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Alright. Here is my theory.

The killer is Phoenix Wright. The accomplice is Miles Edgeworth. Both of them, plus Larry and Franziska were in on the corrupt prosecutor case. Larry wanted to fake his death and start over, which is what he messaged Franziska about. The night goes on as shown until the first body discovery. That body is from the corrupt prosecutor case, disguised to look like Larry. The group then locks Franziska in the study but with Edgeworth’s help, she gets out through the right side and retreats to the bathroom there. When Payne goes to the file room, Phoenix knocks him out and goes to get the key to the study from Alfred. This is because Alfred is actually Phoenix’s butler. As such, he never saw anything suspicious. Or at least, nothing that a loyal butler would consider suspicious from his master. Phoenix then grabs Payne’s unconscious body, moves it into the study, locks the doors to the cellar from both ends, and does the key swap thing with Edgeworth where he slides the key under the door. There, Edgeworth moves back to the library, locking both doors to the dining room in the process. Larry knocks him out and retreats to the left side bathroom. Then, Phoenix approaches both bathrooms, luring both of them out of there with information about the corrupt prosecutor case. Or maybe telling them that the other one was dead. This is my theory.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

That's a good theory. Unfortunately, however, I can destroy it very easily with the following red.
Knox’s 10th: It is forbidden for a character to disguise themselves as another without any clues.
This poses a problem when considering Alfred's purple truth about the Master and Payne being the only two to enter the hallway from that point onward. Your theory implies Phoenix was the "Master" who ran through the hallway after being chased by Payne.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Right, that. Allow me to amend my theory a little. Phoenix loaned Alfred to Larry making him Alfred's temporary master. Might I add, Alfred was worried of Larry in the story. Why would a butler be afraid of his own master?
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Alfred cannot have a Master different from the one he knows.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Hm. Alfred didn’t see Larry run by him during the chase.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Well you (Payne) and the Master were the only two to enter the central hallway from that point onward.
I can confirm this statement as fact. Alfred only saw you two enter the hallway from that point onward.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Very well then. They didn’t need to enter the central hallway for this to work. Edgeworth and Phoenix met up in the study. Phoenix entered the cellar, locked the door, and slid the key under the door to Edgeworth who retreated back to the library.