[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M] DWaM's Revenge - Round 1

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : New theory :
This makes absolutely zero psychological sense, but at least it's red-bait.

The true culprit was Edgeworth, who was blackmailing Franziska and Larry in order to pursue his dream of creating an awesome locked room mystery. He threatened to kill everyone they cared about if they didn't follow orders. Maybe he had an assassin waiting on orders or something.

First, he gave Franziska a key and a piece of tape. Then he shot Larry with one gun and Franziska with the other in a way that would lead to death by blood loss. They were under orders to enter the courtroom and stand in position holding the guns. Franziska was to lock the door behind herself and tape the key to her forehead.

The gamble was this: if they died of their wounds at the right time, he'd have created a locked room, but if they survived their wounds, he would be convicted of the murders. Knowing this, the two followed orders in the hope of surviving their wounds.

Note that the Santa costume that Larry was wearing could possibly hide a wound...
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Tch.
Spoiler : :
The door was not locked by either of the victims.
I think I'll give some hints after about 3 more theories.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

That's quite an admission, DWaM! Oh, my, this is delightful.
Spoiler : Minor modification :
Edgeworth locked the door from the outside with a second key after sending them in.

He then destroyed this second key, so the red truth about there only being one key was valid... at the time it was stated.

Is there a clue about the presence of a second key? You bet.

Both of the bailiffs aren't really there. Which means that they could have been murdered or kidnapped before the game began.

I would expect every bailiff to have a key to the courtroom.

That means that two keys to the courtroom existed at some point!
Last edited by Ferdielance on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

There exists only one key to open that door!
Nobody shall defeat my cold and twisted wordplay.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Sure! :
Well, yes.

Edgeworth destroyed the second one, so it doesn't exist anymore.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

The killer told Larry to meet him in courtroom 1, and left shortly after Franzy went to the bathroom, and went into courtroom 1. A little later Larry went to meet with the killer, and Franzy happened to follow her (cuz she's PARANOOOOOOOOID).

He shoots them, arranges the crime scene, locks the room from the inside, tapes the key to Franzy's head for no reason, and then hangs out the window until the rest of the people break down the door.

(And if you're going to count the killer's fingertips that would've been inside the room as the killer being in the room, then he tied Franzy's whip to something near the window and simply held onto that, so he wasn't in the room at all.)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Person V forced Larry and Franziska into the room, forcing them to stand at the benches. He shot both of them from outside the room, with the door wide open. He then used some force, possibly manetism, to turn the lock from the outside. One of the victims then duct taped it to Franziska/Larry, for some bizarre reason.

After analyzing the problem thoroughly, the only solution I can come up with that doesn't contradict reds is that the locking of the door didn't require the locker to hold the key.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

@Ferdie:
At no point did there exist another key to unlock the door.
@BP, plz
"Hanging out the window" still qualifies as "passing through the window", in my book. Something that the culprit did not do.
@Enthalpy:
You know what?
I'm feeling lucky.
None of the victims were the ones that duct taped key.
A human hand closed that door.
A human hand locked that door by turning the key (which was inside of the lock!).
A human hand is responsible for the key ending up on the victim's (regardless of which one's) forehead.
(Gonna go now. Will see what you come up with~)
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Your reds technically didn't deny that~
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Ooh, ooh, and here's another one!
Spoiler : RIDICULOUS IS FUN :
The game emphasizes that Trucy is a magician. This is a clue. Magicians have trained animals, such as birds.

REVISION: The blackmail plan to get them into the courtroom with the guns is similar to before, but the killer used one of Trucy's trained animals, such as hat dove or a carrier pigeon, to deliver the key and tape to Franziska via the window. The pigeon then left the room, leaving no trace. Proceeding on the blackmail instructions with the game, Franziska taped the key to her forehead while waiting for help to arrive.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

DWaM wrote:
None of the victims were the ones that duct taped key.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

BP:
Spoiler : bleh :
Then the pigeon carried the key in a severed human hand, and used the hand to stick it to Franziska's forehead.

Picky, picky.
Question for other players:
Spoiler : I've forgotten. :
Did we ever get a red on if the door was really, truly locked?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

This is completely and utterly ridiculous, but I'm running out of ideas.
Person V forced Larry and Franziska into the room, forcing them to stand at the benches. He entered the room and locked it from the inside with the key. He then swapped guns. taped the key to Franziska's head, left and used magnetism to fit it into the lock. The stand where Franziska is at just so happens to be by the doorway, and technically, a human hand did lock the door with the key from the inside. It just wasn't the "right" time the door was locked.
@ Ferdie:

The door was most certainly locked when you arrived to it after the gunshots were heard.

=================================================================

... I just had an idea. If it's right, DWaM is a twisted genius, but I need to double-check the reds first...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Let me make that easier for you.
Knox's 1st: It is forbidden for the culprit to be anyone not mentioned in the early part of the story.
Knox's 2nd: It is forbidden for supernatural agencies to be employed as a detective technique.
Knox's 3rd: It is forbidden for hidden passages to exist.
Knox 4: It's forbidden for unknown drugs or hard to understand scientific devices to be used.
Knox's 6th: It is forbidden for accident or intuition to be employed as a detective technique.
Knox's 7th: It is forbidden for the detective to be the culprit.
The detective is the person with the objective view.
I will simplify it to 'the person that gives the first person narrative.' for this game, though.
Knox's 8th: It is forbidden for the case to be resolved with clues that are not presented.
Knox 9: It is permitted for observers to state their own conclusions and interpretations.
It is forbidden for a character to disguise themselves as another without any clues.

There is only one culprit in this game.
The culprit is the one who kills.
There can exist one accomplice.
An 'accomplice' is someone who willingly (or unwillingly) assists the culprit in the execution... ...of the murders and/or locked rooms.
This accomplice cannot kill, however.
For the sake of this game, nobody can leave the courthouse and nobody can enter the courthouse.
The count of human bodies inside of the courthouse, thus, is unchanged through the game.
When I say 'person', I mean, a human body.
When I say 'one person', I mean 'one human body'.
There are exactly eight people in this courthouse from start to the end of this game.
The culprit is a human being.

...Those bailifs aren't actually there.

The door you broke down is the only way in and out of the room.
The window (of this room) cannot be used to enter this room from the outside.
Should a person attempt to leave this room through the window, they would have broken both of their... legs and could not stand properly without assitance of some kind.
Nobody's legs are broken.
No person's legs are broken.
Of course, this only refers to the people inside of the courthouse.
Franziska von Karma is dead.
Larry Butz is dead.
Fraziska was shot. Larry was shot
The gun that shot Larry is the one in his hand.
The gun that shot Franziska is the one on her.
The two different gunshots were fired from two different guns.
The guns that caused the gunshots are in this room. ...Courtroom no. 1.
There is only one bullet missing from the chamber in both of the guns in this room.
The term „gun“ equals to „pistol.“
There are two and only two pistols in this room.
The key taped to Franziska's forehead is the only key to this room.
The door was most certainly locked when you arrived to it after the gunshots were heard.
And yes, the gunshots you heard indeed came from courtroom no. 1.
By the time you arrived to the door of courtroom no. 1, Franziska and Larry were both dead.
...And there were no more than two bodies inside right before the door was broken down.
The culprit was not inside of the room right before the door was broken down.
Larry and Franziska were both shot by a human being.
Franziska left the lounge first.
Before that, all people in the courthouse, dead or alive, were in the lounge.
After Franziska left, the number of people in the lounge was down to six.
And until she and Larry left the lounge, nobody left or entered the lounge. (from Edgey leaving)
This is true. (the fact that Edgey saw the 2 enter the courtroom)
And after Edgeworth returned, nobody entered or left the lounge.
...That is, until the gunshots were heard, of course.
I'm pretty sure that this murder can be solved without any additional reds or details.
No small bombs were involved in this murder.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : simplest and most elegant solution :
The detective can't be the culprit, but nobody said the detective can't be an accomplice.

And the detective's observations are accurate, but that doesn't mean the detective has to report all of their observations.

Someone shot the victims and used blackmail to get them to react properly (carry guns into courtroom.) Same theory as before.

Then, during the examination of the bodies, Kristoph, Edgeworth's accomplice, planted the taped key on Franziska's corpse.

The relevant clues indicating Kristoph's involvement:

1) This is a highly contrived, elaborate setup.

2) HE'S KRISTOPH GAVIN.
Last edited by Ferdielance on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.