[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [M] DWaM's Revenge - Round 1

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : :
Person V left the lobby, unnoticed by Kristoph. Person V is mentally ill and seeing an opportunity to kill, took it. Person V forced Larry and Franziska into the room at gunpoint, forces them to stand at the benches, and shoots both. One of the two dies instantly, and the killer escapes. The other, believing that the wound is not fatal, locks the door to prevent the shooter from returning. In a fit of mania, the survivor switches the guns and tapes the key to Larry/Franziska's forehead before going to his or her bench. All this occurs, and the survivor dies, before the door is locked. (Alternately, the survivor is in on the plan and wants to create a locked-room illusion for the sake of it.)
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Spoiler : Heh. :
I never said HOW Edgeworth locked the room!

Edgeworth, after killing Franziska and Larry, opened the door and threw Larry's body down, into the courtroom. He then duct taped the key onto Franziska's forehead and stuck the key into the keyhole of the side of the courtroom door (solution: It was duct taped so that it was sticking out the side of franziska's forehead) that was inside the courtroom (while sticking ONLY HIS HAND into the courtroom. Hard, not impossible.)

Finally, Edgeworth closed the door and twisted the knob (assuming there was a knob), thereby locking the door without clutching the key in his hand. He then shook the door until Franziska's body fell off, and by complete chance, it fell on Larry.
Last edited by Gav on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

@Enthalpy:
The door was not locked by either of the victims.
...Also, @Gav...
...When on Earth did I say the bodies were on top of each other?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Person V left the lobby, unnoticed by Kristoph. Person V is mentally ill and seeing an opportunity to kill, took it. Person V forced Larry and Franziska into the room at gunpoint, forces them to stand at the benches, and shoots both. One of the two dies instantly as the killer escapes. Person V locks the door from the outside and sends the key either under the bottom of the door or through some sort of grate or window. One of the victims then arranges the crime scene before dying.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Let's say that there is no possible way to get the key from the outside into the room while the door is closed.
...Hm. You know, while I said I would allow alternate theories, I guess I didn't think it this far through. I should've gotten all these posibilities. :/
Well, guess I should amend that:
Also, alternative solutions will be allowed, of course. As long as they fit in with the original red and have the same basic concept behind the crime - in other words, some aspects can vary.
Apologies on my part, yet again, Enthalpy. I have a feeling you were just waiting until I noticed this to slap me in the face... XD

I guess I was thinking there was only one possible solution to this.
...By the way, you really like the idea the culprit is mentally unstable, don't ya?
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Well we don't really have a motive to go on here... :P
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Aw, and I tried to give you so many of them in that opening dialogue exchange. D:

...Not really. There isn't an actual motive behind this madness, but ya know.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"Mentally insane" was the first thing that came to mind after playing the first thing that came to mind after playing "Turnabout in the Snow." I did choose "Person V" for a reason! Also, I'm copy-pasting and editing as needed. And I did notice that little contradiction, but what fun is it if the game ends that quickly?

Person V left the lobby, unnoticed by Kristoph. Person V is mentally ill and seeing an opportunity to kill, took it. Person V forced Larry and Franziska into the room at gunpoint, locks the room, tapes the key to Franziska's head, forces them to stand at the benches, and shoots both. Person V then plants the guns and escapes through a hole in the door. Person V lastly rejoins the larger party.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

There is no hole in the door. The door is, in fact, not damaged in any way.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

This isn't a theory, it ends in failure due to that new red. No need to reply for now. I'll leave it here for general mild amusement.
Spoiler : dramatic theory crafting now retroactively ending in epic failure :
Step 1: The victims were shot. The most obvious candidate seems to be Edgeworth if Gavin properly kept track of who actually left. However, whatevs. The crime happened after they left, obviously. If we'll go with Edgeworth for argument's sake, it also happened before he returned.
Possible objection 1: "Now wait, Rune! Edgeworth claims only those two entered the room. This is true."lolno. Sure, it's true that he claims it. Doesn't make the claim itself true, however.
Possible objection 2: "Dude check your facts. The gunshots were heard after Edgeworth returned. They were shot by a human being, which presumably means not some sort of contraption... though it could be argued that that would indirectly still be a human being. But for argument's sake let's assume that this red isn't worthless, the culprit was in the room at that time!"
Nope.
"But the sound came from those guns. And those were the deadly shots."
They weren't the reds only stated that both the deadly shots and the shots people heard came from those guns. They never stated those were the same shot. Only one chamber is missing in each gun, so what? That doesn't prove the guns were only fired once. Culprit used a silencer first time. gg
Another objection: "*sigh* Really? REALLY? Then who fired the second pair of shots?"
Well let's be honest here. The window was open, for all I know the culprit put some string around both gun triggers and out the window and pulled at that stuff at the right moment. The strings can easily be retrieved by letting go of one end. Alternatively there are various possibilities of timed devices that disappear through the window afterwards, but let's keep it simple.
"Blackruuune. And the key?"
*ahem*The culprit locked the door. Then, through the win-
"Let's say that there is no possible way to get the key from the outside into the room while the door is closed"
W-What the! That wasn't in the script!
"Problem, Rune?"
Well dwammit, Enthalpy somehow indirectly screwed me over by making that red appear. I'll be back!
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

TwirlyMustache.png (NO JPEG)
Though, I have to admit, the wordplay I mentioned is a bit nastier than you might think.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Person V left the lobby, unnoticed by Kristoph. Person V is mentally ill and seeing an opportunity to kill, took it. Person V forced Larry and Franziska into the room at gunpoint, locks the room, forces them to stand at the benches, and shoots both. Person V then escapes through a hole in the door. Person V lastly rejoins the larger party. Meanwhile, an animal is in the room. The animal locks the door, tapes the key to Franziska or Larry's head, then escapes through the window.

You never said anything about non-humans using the window, or animal accomplices.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

If an accomplice exists, he or she must be human.
Gentlemen, you are thinking too normally here. Think something more like... Shannon's Third riddle way.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Blackrune wrote:This isn't a theory, it ends in failure due to that new red. No need to reply for now. I'll leave it here for general mild amusement.
Spoiler : dramatic theory crafting now retroactively ending in epic failure :
Step 1: The victims were shot. The most obvious candidate seems to be Edgeworth if Gavin properly kept track of who actually left. However, whatevs. The crime happened after they left, obviously. If we'll go with Edgeworth for argument's sake, it also happened before he returned.
Possible objection 1: "Now wait, Rune! Edgeworth claims only those two entered the room. This is true."lolno. Sure, it's true that he claims it. Doesn't make the claim itself true, however.
Possible objection 2: "Dude check your facts. The gunshots were heard after Edgeworth returned. They were shot by a human being, which presumably means not some sort of contraption... though it could be argued that that would indirectly still be a human being. But for argument's sake let's assume that this red isn't worthless, the culprit was in the room at that time!"
Nope.
"But the sound came from those guns. And those were the deadly shots."
They weren't the reds only stated that both the deadly shots and the shots people heard came from those guns. They never stated those were the same shot. Only one chamber is missing in each gun, so what? That doesn't prove the guns were only fired once. Culprit used a silencer first time. gg
Another objection: "*sigh* Really? REALLY? Then who fired the second pair of shots?"
Well let's be honest here. The window was open, for all I know the culprit put some string around both gun triggers and out the window and pulled at that stuff at the right moment. The strings can easily be retrieved by letting go of one end. Alternatively there are various possibilities of timed devices that disappear through the window afterwards, but let's keep it simple.
"Blackruuune. And the key?"
*ahem*The culprit locked the door. Then, through the win-
"Let's say that there is no possible way to get the key from the outside into the room while the door is closed"
W-What the! That wasn't in the script!
"Problem, Rune?"
Well dwammit, Enthalpy somehow indirectly screwed me over by making that red appear. I'll be back!
Thought of a way to fix it.
Spoiler : Addendum to make the theory proper :
YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD ME, HUH?
"Well you're evidently screwed now. Also why did you say that in blue?"
The key was in the room, in the door, on the inside, when the culprit left.
"...dafuq?"
There's no problem if it was on the inside.
"Yeah but dude then how did the culprit leave?"
He left through the door, which was sill unlocked. There was string run through the key as well, going out the window. This particular string went through the duct tape on someone's forehead. Don't care who. Now, after the culprit left the room he pulled on that string, turning the key in the lock, locking the door while being outside. He keeps pulling until the key gets to the duct tape and he feels the resistance. It's run through the duct tape from above so it'll sorta slip in there. Then the culprit lets go of one end of string and pulls it out.
Theeere we go.
"He'll Knox 8th you now. Or 4th if this is too complicated for him."
Whatever, at least I brought this to an end.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

"...dafuq?"
KNOX 8TH, GET IT AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
THROW IN KNOX 4 FOR GOOD MEASURE

...Because in terms of execution, the actual trick doesn't need to be nearly as complicated.
Last edited by DWaM on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.